What's new

Fire up the Trade Machine

Trade machine hasn't been fired up in this thread since like page 2.

Great work all.
(Dont worry, Im spraying starter fluid in there now and seeing if that bitch still has some life......)

Trade machine hasn't been fired up in this thread since like page 2.

Great work all.
(Dont worry, Im spraying starter fluid in there now and seeing if that bitch still has some life......)
I tried to get it going but Danny requires a first round pick just to pull the damn cord.

Lebron was signed from FA after Cleveland had just picked top 3 like 4 years in a row. Doesnt matter who drafted him originally.. he was for all intents and purposes a FA signing.

Still barely won a chip with a team full of absolute top draft picks.
You are kidding right? He carried the cavs to 4 straight finals. The fact that he won a chip over the warriors is incredible. Those teams were juggernauts. Also a lot of the time Kyrie was injured or dinged up in the playoffs and Kevin Love was definitely a shell of his wolves self.

Instead of adding additional draft picks - outside of maybe a 2024 pick to make up for the one we lose to OKC - I’d rather see the Jazz try to upgrade their pick from Brooklyn this year with a pick swap.

Then hedge that by trading a different player for a different swap that includes the new pick we got. . . just in case. Hopefully, one of them ends up close to the lottery and we can look at getting 3 solid picks out of this draft to jump start the rebuild.

There are no cheat codes lol. There have been like 11 franchises that have won titles in my lifetime. Whether you want to limit it to just #1 or be more reasonable and spread it out to top 5 picks... those teams are littered with guys that went top 5. I suppose we could move the beach or Hollywood to Utah if we wanted to get top talent to win a title instead of doing things we could control like making sure we have as many ping pong balls as possible I suppose.

Also the Spurs won how many titles? Miami won titles cuz they tanked and got Wade... who then recruited Lebron. GS sucked and got Curry... and tanked later as well. Like this is just part of the life cycle... sometimes you'll get Dwayne Wade and sometimes you'll get Michael Beasley.

If you think Lebron's first stint is sucky... well I don't know what to tell you... he took them as far as any Utah team has ever gone. On that list of #1 players there are an equal amount of champs and busts... sure... there are also a **** ton on all-stars. Discounting the value of landing top 4 in a draft with two guys that would go #1 in most years is just hilarious.

Its a very low probability that we ever get a title in Utah... its likely lower than the current odds of landing Wemby or Scoot... that's the thing... we are playing a bunch of low probabilities here... but aiming for a top 4 pick is the best of a bunch of low probability scenarios and I don't think its close. We might be successful with a middle build strategy... but that is where the Wiz, Magic, and Kings live... occasionally you will hit on a Giannis and pull off something awesome.

Put it this way... you just landed the #1 pick in this year's draft... you have an opportunity to trade it and get 5 #10 picks in the next 5 drafts... you taking #1 or the 5 #10s? I don't know about you but I wouldn't trade #1 or #2 for 5 straight #10 picks. It might get to like 7 or 8 #10s before I even start thinking about it.

I mean 5 #10 picks has a better chance at getting you a championship that a #1 pick, especially if you keep your own draft picks. It would be really hard to screw up 5 #10 picks in a row. Odds are you will get 2 or 3 terrific players from it.

That is why I am not terribly concerned about this year. I think it is plainly evident that the Wolves are not going to be a top 10 team for the rest of the decade. Those picks are gold, plus a top 10 pick (value wise) from last year's draft as a throw in.

Now that I have thought about it, I'm taking the 5 #10 every time. I could flip them for a sure thing in his prime, worst case.

I mean 5 #10 picks has a better chance at getting you a championship that a #1 pick, especially if you keep your own draft picks. It would be really hard to screw up 5 #10 picks in a row. Odds are you will get 2 or 3 terrific players from it.

That is why I am not terribly concerned about this year. I think it is plainly evident that the Wolves are not going to be a top 10 team for the rest of the decade. Those picks are gold, plus a top 10 pick (value wise) from last year's draft as a throw in.

Now that I have thought about it, I'm taking the 5 #10 every time. I could flip them for a sure thing in his prime, worst case.
So you'd trade Wemby or Scoot for Johnny Davis, Zaire Williams, Jalen Smith, Cam Reddish, and Mikal Bridges... ya nailed it!!!

Dude… think about what you just said lmao. 5 first round picks that end up #10 over one #1 pick. Where in the **** are you getting 5 #10 picks from? 5 years worth of drafts over one year of a #1 pick? I am struggling to find words to explain how dumb this sounds.

The shortest service period is 6 months and can be done in parts. Each part that must be completed on one go is exactly 6 weeks and service can be halted and continued later from the start of each part with defense forces officers aproval. So he can do 4x 1.5 months or 2x 3 months for instance.

The athlete school he has applied and been approved to starts a rookie group at the end of April.. which is inconvenient for major teamsport athletes but designed mainly skiiers and winter athletes in mind. The other group starts like october, which is obviously out of the question.

So he is not necessarily gonna miss any games.. but if we know we are missing the playoffs its better for him to step into the service sooner rather than later.

Is there a certain age he has to do it by? Like 30 or 35 or something?

i
Dude… think about what you just said lmao. 5 first round picks that end up #10 over one #1 pick. Where in the **** are you getting 5 #10 picks from? 5 years worth of drafts over one year of a #1 pick? I am struggling to find words to explain how dumb this sounds.
not dumb, but yes just as unrealistic as tanking, in the hopes you get the top pick. Such odds favoring nobody, even the teams with the worst records, since the lottery odds changed, have not had the first pick. Rockets picked 2nd and 3rd not 1st, GSW picked 2nd, NY picked 3rd. Now if you are just talking tanking once, for a shot at it, ok makes sense ,if you are plagued with injuries are destined for mediocrity etc. Jazz are not plagued with injuries and Marky has made it impossible to tank.

If we offered all the Minny picks and all the Cavs picks for Wemby on draft night.... it would be a "no" and I bet they wouldn't even have a meeting about it. It just sucks for the sake of the culture we can't lose 5-7 more games than we would have otherwise and increase our odds of landing him or Scoot by 500%.

If we offered all the Minny picks and all the Cavs picks for Wemby on draft night.... it would be a "no" and I bet they wouldn't even have a meeting about it. It just sucks for the sake of the culture we can't lose 5-7 more games than we would have otherwise and increase our odds of landing him or Scoot by 500%.
they can into Griz Pels dreamland range down the stretch if they want, but the odds 2 teams at 7 and 8 get 1 and 2 again are nill

What are you talking about? You offered me 5 picks at 10 for my number 1 pick. I agree to those terms. They weren't pick swaps. I'm not going to bust out on 5 picks at 10. What are the odds that Wemby busts? Certainly non zero, right?

That's the whole point. We are not good enough this year, no need to dream more. Loose as much as we can and get decent chance to pick up a top player. Memphis ( through lucky at the draft) did it with Ja and they are now one of the best NBA team. As i say several times, for me we are only 2 players away from beeing vey good. Getting Victor and one good FA will definitly make us a top team.

What are you talking about? You offered me 5 picks at 10 for my number 1 pick. I agree to those terms. They weren't pick swaps. I'm not going to bust out on 5 picks at 10. What are the odds that Wemby busts? Certainly non zero, right?
I have to disagree for Victor part. I watch a lot of games this year and this guys is really special,unique guy. It may take one or 2 years to make him good but he will be a superstar , i have no doubt about it. This guy get it all, talented, size and more important he got brain. He work hard and is very smart.

If we offered all of the assets from the Minny an Cavs picks, there would be a meeting. If you could guarantee all of those picks ( just the picks) at 10 or 11, yeah someone would pop.

You could buy a couple of proven all stars for that just like most of the teams that have won championships in the last 20 years have done.

I have to disagree for Victor part. I watch a lot of games this year and this guys is really special,unique guy. It may take one or 2 years to make him good but he will be a superstar , i have no doubt about it. This guy get it all, talented, size and more important he got brain. He work hard and is very smart.
Can't miss prospects bust all the time. Players with Wemby's frame at a much higher percentage. You get the #1 pick you pick him, but he isn't a sure thing. I'd argue that no one outside of Lebron was for a long while.

That's the whole point. We are not good enough this year, no need to dream more. Loose as much as we can and get decent chance to pick up a top player. Memphis ( through lucky at the draft) did it with Ja and they are now one of the best NBA team. As i say several times, for me we are only 2 players away from beeing vey good. Getting Victor and one good FA will definitly make us a top team.
The last part was sarcasm again. Sorry... I may be laying it on thick.

I mean I laid out the last 5 #10 picks in the trade you accepted. Outside of Bridges it was ugly. Not a non zero chance that Wemby busts... of course not... but that is not what you are trying to do with picks. You are trying to land the guy or guys with the most upside and best chances to realize that upside. If you prefer Mikal Bridges to the guy that MANY have called the best prospect since Lebron... a few guys that cover the league have said you have to go back to Kareem.

I really comes down to this... I will take a 50-60% discount trading a couple of vets to get a 4-5x better chance at a golden asset. The vets are worth like a first round pick on the market... that golden asset is worth like 10x that. Don't jump over dollars to pick up pennies.

If we offered all of the assets from the Minny an Cavs picks, there would be a meeting. If you could guarantee all of those picks ( just the picks) at 10 or 11, yeah someone would pop.

You could buy a couple of proven all stars for that just like most of the teams that have won championships in the last 20 years have done.
Outside of the Cavs and Raps... which teams traded picks for AS and won titles. Warriors are a no... Spurs... no. Lakers did the AD trade but also signed Lebron... Heat did their work in FA. The common theme with every team that wins a title is superstar talent. Pistons maybe excepted. The only way the Jazz will get superstars is in the draft... full stop. When a superstar is traded they can pick their destination.