What's new

first 10 posts reviewed by Mods rule

UGLI baby

Can we like, not do that anymore?

Every time I have a new friend join they're like, "I couldnt figure out how to make my posts show up"

seems like it does way more bad than good. (turning away a couple new posters for every troll it keeps out)

People just need to pay attention. It says that their posts need to be approved after they make them.

People just need to pay attention. It says that their posts need to be approved after they make them.

Ya, but thats dumb.

Kills all the momentum of somebody wanting to join in on the site.

Its like going to a restaurant and having to wait 2 hrs to be seated. No thanks, ill just go somewhere else.

Can we like, not do that anymore?

Every time I have a new friend join they're like, "I couldnt figure out how to make my posts show up"

seems like it does way more bad than good. (turning away a couple new posters for every troll it keeps out)

You had me going until the "I have a new friend" part.

Hahaha good one.

So a Lakers fan with his/her only goal being to troll is ok to allow free reign?

Posts are approved as quickly as possible. It clearly states this as an announcement on the page for them as well.

Yes, there are drawbacks but it beats the alternatives most of the time.

So a Lakers fan with his/her only goal being to troll is ok to allow free reign?

Posts are approved as quickly as possible. It clearly states this as an announcement on the page for them as well.

Yes, there are drawbacks but it beats the alternatives most of the time.

Just give me power to accept or ban whoever joins.

Gimme the keys, it'll all be cool.

I had a friend give up on this site as well as a result of this rule.

I had a friend give up on this site as well as a result of this rule.

People giving up before 10 posts? Don't think they would have lasted anyways then.

Some friend, did you not help them through the difficult times? The first 10 are the worst, right?

As somebody who is currently going through this, I can understand why you're doing it, but it is very annoying.

One of the nice things about joining a forum is the ability to instantly communicate with other people about a topic you enjoy. With this 10 post rule (that doesn't seem to get checked that much btw), it's incredibly frustrating to know that by the time my post has been approved, the topic is already a page past that and people aren't going to see it. Personally, I would suggest lowering it to 5, or just using some common sense. If a person's first couple posts don't look like trolling posts, then just admit them. The 10 post rule is stupid imo, but I have no say, so I'll still listen to it.

Another quick thing...it says that I have 11 total posts, yet I still have to wait for a moderator to approve my posts.

What's up with that?

As somebody who is currently going through this, I can understand why you're doing it, but it is very annoying.

One of the nice things about joining a forum is the ability to instantly communicate with other people about a topic you enjoy. With this 10 post rule (that doesn't seem to get checked that much btw), it's incredibly frustrating to know that by the time my post has been approved, the topic is already a page past that and people aren't going to see it. Personally, I would suggest lowering it to 5, or just using some common sense. If a person's first couple posts don't look like trolling posts, then just admit them. The 10 post rule is stupid imo, but I have no say, so I'll still listen to it.

This x 1 million

I think the website should err on the side of accommodating new posters, not err on the side of protecting people's feel bads from getting hurt by trolls.

No joke, I bet this 10 post rule has cost the board a couple dozen posters.

I have given up on message boards because I post it doesn't show up and I just go away. I'm not going to check back every day to see if my post was approved. If I can't participate I'm sure as hell not going to make 10 posts. I would give up before that pretty much every time.

I can understand it being frustrating. I bet we could all put our heads together and find a solution to suggest to Jason.. which is far better than just bitching about it.