What's new

Flip Saunders wants Matt Harpring Fired

Maneesh

https://bleacherreport.com/tb/dggAh?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nba

From Jerry Zgoda of the Star Tribune:

Instead of being in a celebratory mood, he was incensed after he returned to a joyous locker room and found what he said were 25 text messages informing him of comments made by Utah’s television broadcast earlier in the game. …

Jazz announcers said, to paraphrase, that teams purposely losing games to improve draft lottery odds by dressing only seven available players is bad for the league, bad for fans who pay good money to see Kevin Garnett and the league needs to do something about it. …

“That’s totally irresponsible, we’re not tanking games,” Saunders said. “If that’s so, then [Utah] got beat by a team who was tanking. … We’re playing to win. Our guys are out there: We won two games ago at New York, we lost in the fourth quarter against Charlotte last night. We’re not tanking games. It is irresponsible for them to go on TV saying that. If you work at ESPN, you get fired for saying stuff like that.”

I agree with him guys. Why does Harpring always have to say something not just once but 100 time a game? And they did beat us which makes it embarassing. I wish one day very much that we can fire Matt, think of it.

I'm going to flip if Flip, who can't flip the fortune of a team that barely flipped a profit in nearly a decade, makes Jazz FO flippantly show Harpring the front door while flipping him off.

Saunders can go kick rocks. I doubt the players are tanking but the FO clearly wasn't interested in winning this year. They are building for the future (we did last year) and a draft pick goes a long way towards that. Especially with 3 of the top 4 being positions that the Wolves need.

Very smart.

Flip Saunders reads text messages at halftime?

Flip Saunders wants Matt Harpring fired? Get in line Flip, most of us have wanted Harpring fired for years.

Flip Saunders wants Matt Harpring fired? Get in line Flip, most of us have wanted Harpring fired for years.

I am with you my friend. He said so many crazy things last night and soooo many times. He has nothing to say?

It's not like Harpring invented the term or the concept. Charles Barkley complains about teams tanking every show. Should he be fired too?

Well the wolves are tanking... I don't think Harpring should have brought up the 7 player thing, because that's manly due to injuries.

Swap Booner and Harpring. Boone fumbles on his words and seems to watch the game with one eye but I still like him. Not to mention Locke and Harpring are so bad for each other that I may actually tune in.