What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

And, Thank YOU ATL for giving me something to care about in the NBA playoffs the past two seasons. My team was inadequately stocked with talent last offseason (when we were well-positioned to add some), and they missed the playoffs again.

^I love these THEE JAZZ FAN TIRADES. Multiple, consecutive posts that nobody cares about half as much as I do. But **** it.

Anthem_of_the_seas_3268914b.jpg

No chance on Thornton.. And will not be a need at all.
There's some rumblings about a possible grad transfer but I can't get a name.
I think if we miss on Bolden and Yurtseven we will roll with what we've got.
We lack a true elite C for sure, but we have decent depth with all of these guys 6'9 or bigger;
Gabriel
Bam
Hump
Tai
Lee
Willis
Skj

I believe Bam would do fine at 6'9.25 250 and freak athlete/motor.

I think Yurtseven would be better served at another college without so many other bigs. KY taking a chance again on a Turk's eligibility. :eek: Fener and their coach definitely claims he has been paid and will not be eligible. However, seems to be a lot of sour grapes over him.

I think Yurtseven would be better served at another college without so many other bigs. KY taking a chance again on a Turk's eligibility. :eek: Fener and their coach definitely claims he has been paid and will not be eligible. However, seems to be a lot of sour grapes over him.

I think he will be eligible to play.

And, Thank YOU ATL for giving me something to care about in the NBA playoffs the past two seasons. My team was inadequately stocked with talent last offseason (when we were well-positioned to add some), and they missed the playoffs again.

You mean until they get swept by Cleveland again?

Well both Justise Winslow and Stanley Johnson were taken well before Devin Booker.... and yet it was Booker who had the breakout year....

I've learnt not to doubt legit 3pt shooting after this year... LOL

Are you trying to insinuate Winslow didn't have a great year?

Let's see...got good minutes on a playoff team. He was just as good defensively as Booker was offensively. He shows more potential on offense than Booker does on defense. Hell, even Johnson was a pretty capable defender too. I think Booker is starting to get a little too overhyped.

I think to be a capable wing in today's NBA, you have to be able to play defense. Individual and team defense, and the latter seems to be one people just don't see very well here. Redick, Korver, those guys are good team defenders. Anyways, for the most part, you're looking for guys who show athleticism, a pretty good IQ, good creativity with the ball, and good shooting techniques. You look at guys like Jimmy Butler, they've got it. Even to a lesser extent, and more for recency bias, Norman Powell and Josh Richardson.

I think Luwawawoooooooo and Patrick McCaw are two prospects who fit those categories in our range. Jaylen Brown is obviously one, but we aren't getting him.

I think it's much easier for these guys that can play d and shoot a little to make a positive impact than it is for good offensive players with limited athleticism and poor defense to make a positive impact.

I think to be a capable wing in today's NBA, you have to be able to play defense. Individual and team defense, and the latter seems to be one people just don't see very well here. Redick, Korver, those guys are good team defenders. Anyways, for the most part, you're looking for guys who show athleticism, a pretty good IQ, good creativity with the ball, and good shooting techniques. You look at guys like Jimmy Butler, they've got it. Even to a lesser extent, and more for recency bias, Norman Powell and Josh Richardson.

I think Luwawawoooooooo and Patrick McCaw are two prospects who fit those categories in our range. Jaylen Brown is obviously one, but we aren't getting him.

I think it's much easier for these guys that can play d and shoot a little to make a positive impact than it is for good offensive players with limited athleticism and poor defense to make a positive impact.

Luwawu is the obvious good fit for us I believe. I think he may be a better prospect than Brown... I'm unimpressed by him.

He's not a better prospect than Brown IMO, much better shooter though.. If the Jazz got Jaylen Brown the reports back from P3 would generate plenty of buzz here. He's freakishly athletic.

Brown and Derrick Favors are 2 of the best players to come from Georgia in many years, and thats a hotspot state.

The thing about Brown is, and this is one of the main reasons why he's not going to fall, If he can get his shooting to the point of respectability, he's got a devastating 1st step so he'll really be able to take advantage of it. He's also very strong, much stronger than Luwawu who's a year and a half older. So he projects to be a damn good defender too, he;s got a great motor and he's a fierce competitor.

Brown at SG next to Hayward is just one of those things you'll have to see to appreciate, Smaller, non-athletic SG's are not going to have a good time vs Jaylen Brown at SG, it will look like a SG standing next to a SF...

I have not watched him much and will trust you on that. When I did he was not making an impression on the game... his fizzle at the end of the season didn't help. Maybe he is underrated now.

@EvanDaniels
Five-star Australian point guard William McDowell-White just verbally committed to Fresno State, a source informed Scout.

Whoops. Thought this was the Aussie who was going to Duke. Five star and going to Fresno State?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WMAmKmY-zs

Canadian Border Control arrested 30 year old Jonathon Nicola for violating the Immigration Refugee Protection Act. What they found out was that for the last 6 months the 6’9″ 200 lb Nicola has been posing as a 17 year Catholic Central High School student and Star basketball player.

We are not talking about a kid that was left back a couple times or reclassified to gain an athletic advantage. This is a literal example of a man amongst boys. Nicola was living with the Catholic Central head basketball coach who last year was quoted as saying that he had a legit chance of playing in the NBA.

The coach had to know he was not 17.

For what it is worth (12th probably to high for these guys), but both Zubac and Zicic say they want to play in the NBA next season. If we end up with another 1st round pick later. Two very interesting prospects.