What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

Fixed so your comment was more accurate.

But yeah, how well you play college basketball has something to do with your NBA game, but not everything. Adam Morrison wasnt a great NBA player, was he? He played hard and stuff too.

None of that means I don't like Sabonis, he is an OK prospect in my eyes, but I wouldn't take him over Jones/Davis and I'd probably take Skal over him. I'd draft him ahead of Thon though.

If you go by potential based on age then Sabonis should actually have more as he is actually younger than Skal.

If you go by potential based on age then Sabonis should actually have more as he is actually younger than Skal.

Well if you actually read, then you can tell I don't go by any one thing, it's a combination of all things.

At the end of the day Sabonis is not in a great place in the NBA. He has no rim protection and I question if his feet are quick enough to guard on switches or stay in front of more athletic PF's. I dont think he is a bad defender, I think he will work, but he is limited from making plays defensively. His ceiling is very limited IMO. I think he has a great floor as a solid 15-20 mpg bench contributor, but most of the other 1st round bigs have loads more potential.

Well if you actually read, then you can tell I don't go by any one thing, it's a combination of all things.

thumbsAmmo03.jpg

I'm not sure what I'd give up for him, but sometimes you have to take risks to go up. And he's a talent worth taking a risk for. Whether that's Hood, I don't know.
Agreed. Hood would be tough to let go of.

Damian Jones no-step vertical of 36'' is the highest recorded for a 6'10 or above player in DX database.

His 11'11 no-step vertical reach is good for 6th overall in DX's database, above both Gobert and Favors.
Wow. I love hoppers. Where is he projected?

He might be the worst kind of tweener. Not really big enough to be a good passing skilled center... not a good enough shooter as a PF to stretch the defense. Add in fit issues with our current roster.

He might be good, but I just can't get a good read on the type of player he will be. What are his comps?
I can't remember the name but would he be like that white foreign guy that played for san Antonio a few years back?

Just watched Luwawu's video on DX... If we stay at 12 and no one amazing drops I think I want Baldwin or Luwawu most.
I'm down with both. There are lots of guys I like at 12. Sabonis isn't one of them.

Luwawu played in the same league as Zizic, 2 is years older than AZ and Zizic was twice the player. Not sure how anybody could take Luwawu over Zizic.

Sabonis is the better passing less annoying Tyler Hansbrough... I've decided this mostly based on stats, wingspan, and clearly race was a factor. No actual game film was or will be watched to change my mind.

Luwawu played in the same league as Zizic, 2 is years older than AZ and Zizic was twice the player. Not sure how anybody could take Luwawu over Zizic.

He dunks so hard.

No but seriously... He has physical tools, athleticism, and his role in the NBA is more necessary than the true center types. True centers are easier to find these days and you can't play more than one of them on the court at the same time.