What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

If Charlotte, Philly or Boston drafts Zizic tonight, I will be convinced it's for the Jazz. I hope I can handle the letdown when I find out it ain't true.

I'm not a fan of taking on Hawes or Lamb. Let's keep our cap space to use on the guys we'll need it for.

Unless there's someone that DL just loves at #22, which I doubt.

I'm not a fan of taking on Hawes or Lamb. Let's keep our cap space to use on the guys we'll need it for.

Unless there's someone that DL just loves at #22, which I doubt.

I'm not sure if a Hawes $6 million this year and next year effects anything, but I wouldn't really think it would so I would definitely make that deal. Hawes can shoot it at the 5 and you get #22.

I'm not sure if a Hawes $6 million this year and next year effects anything, but I wouldn't really think it would so I would definitely make that deal. Hawes can shoot it at the 5 and you get #22.

I just took a second look at our cap situation for 2016-2018, and I agree. I would feel good about a Favors-Gobert-Lyles-Hawes front court. No idea who we'd target at #22, though. I'm lukewarm on pretty much the entire first round.

Not that we have a first round draft pick or anything, but do you guys feel about Thad Young?
Nets reportedly looking to trade him for a 1st.

That wasn't a bad offer from Phx.

Bledsoe plus #13 for Hayward.
You may not like it, but it's one that deserved consideration.

I may have come back and said we do the deal if it's Bledsoe and #4.
Then trade the #4 and #12 for Cousins.

We have a complete roster and SAC gets to start their rebuild in earnest.

Not that we have a first round draft pick or anything, but do you guys feel about Thad Young?

Utah needs some Memphis. :D He was even a so called student (online) at a college I worked at here.

I dont think I have ever mentioned that the coach at the college I worked at here in Memphis served under Calipari for 5 years when he was at U of M. He was actually at the draft with Kanter.

scottenes2.jpg

That wasn't a bad offer from Phx.

Bledsoe plus #13 for Hayward.
You may not like it, but it's one that deserved consideration.

I may have come back and said we do the deal if it's Bledsoe and #4.
Then trade the #4 and #12 for Cousins.

We have a complete roster and SAC gets to start their rebuild in earnest.

No it doesn't. I love Bledsoe, but Bledsoe has had series of injuries and his latest one is one of those that most players never get to the same level after. THere are SERIOUS concerns that this will have long term effects and that it's going to repeat in the future.

No it doesn't. I love Bledsoe, but Bledsoe has had series of injuries and his latest one is one of those that most players never get to the same level after. THere are SERIOUS concerns that this will have long term effects and that it's going to repeat in the future.

He's one more injury plagued year away from being Brandon Roy.

I don't know if you guys have seen that on reddit, but there seems to be some evidence that Thon Maker is 22-23 years old, rather than 19.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4pgnd5/fischer_several_teams_have_entirely_ruled_thon/d4ksbb2
Surprised this has taken so long to come out, I live in the same city in Australia that Maker migrated too (Perth) and one of my friends showed me his older sisters graduation book - which Maker is pictured in and she graduated in 2010/2011 (making her 22-23 this year and most likely him). Will add the photo now.

Edit: https://imgur.com/WjzgdGI

Edit 2: Don't have any other proof to add. Often (always I would almost say, with this being no exception) in Australia, photos such as this are grouped in age groups, with this particular photo being his year 12 or final year photo (17-18 years old). Proof that this is his year 12 photo, can be confirmed by the investigator work the other redditors have done - i.e. the fact that "Susan" is 23 now.
There is a user from Australia who posted picture of graduation book from 2011 with people who would now be 22-23 year old.

WjzgdGI.png

There might be something funky going on.

You must be confused. Bledsoe is from Kentucky. Therefore he must be great.