What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

In the David Locke second podcast with Chad Ford, Locke predicted that the decision at 12 will come down to Poeltl, Baldwin and Korkmaz. The implication is that Davis, Skal and possibly D.Murray are off the board (going 9 - 11). There has been little or no mention of Ellenson.

Those three -- Poeltl, Baldwin, Korkmaz -- seem to be the BPA discussion at 12, but I'm surprised Locke would reveal that on air.

Unless the Jazz have no intention of using the #12 pick for themselves. Of course with most everyone else reportedly trying to trade out of the lottery, maybe anyone who wants to move up could do better than #12

I dont see how Toronto pairs up Valanciunas with Sabonis ,strong and tough they are but their no rim protecters.....I think Deyonta Davis might be who they go after

JV is not a rim protector? He is of course not Gobert, but he does a pretty good job of rim protection.

In the David Locke second podcast with Chad Ford, Locke predicted that the decision at 12 will come down to Poeltl, Baldwin and Korkmaz. The implication is that Davis, Skal and possibly D.Murray are off the board (going 9 - 11). There has been little or no mention of Ellenson.

Those three -- Poeltl, Baldwin, Korkmaz -- seem to be the BPA discussion at 12. It's not terribly difficult to predict, but I'm still surprised Locke would reveal that on air.

I can't get a read on how much the Jazz like Baldwin at 12. Could go either way.

Cant remember did Ellenson work out for the Jazz?

#12 is a pretty safe spot to land for a team trading down, and still getting value. I just don't see anyone in the 5-10 spot worth giving assets for. . .

#12 is a pretty safe spot to land for a team trading down, and still getting value. I just don't see anyone in the 5-10 spot worth giving assets for. . .

Giving up Trey Burke and a 2nd-round pick might get the Jazz to 10 or 9 possibly. That wouldn't really be considered giving up assets, tbh.

Hield would be great, but I'm not giving up any of our starters for him.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

100% agreement.

If he were to slip (a la Burke), I'd hope we have a plan in place. But, yeah, none of our starters should be used to acquire him in any scenario

Giving up Trey Burke and a 2nd-round pick might get the Jazz to 10 or 9 possibly. That wouldn't really be considered giving up assets, tbh.

Just heard a guy on the radio (while driving) that brought up the point that guys on reasonable midlevel contracts (5 to 9 million) are going to be valuable to meet the salary floor for some of these low lottery teams. Because of the new cap, if you go out to sign cap filler you will pay double the rate. His contention was that if you had a guy on a 5 to 10 million contract that could play, you should be able to move up in the draft pretty well if you wanted to offer them.

about 51 hours until draft time. that means about 52 hours until the jazz pick.

I've been seeing these guys warts for so long I will probably be upset no matter who the Jazz draft.

Still I am excited because Lindsey has placed so many options on the table, and I never grew out of my boyhood love of all things Utah Jazz.

I have watched some korkmaz workout vids and i see a guy who gives up to early. On the last move he becomes lax because he knows the drill is over.

That is a bad mind set and he did it over and over again. I just dont see the motor to make him good enough to get playing time.

I would wet myself if the jazz drafted poeltl he is the perfect compliment to lyles. He offers low post scoring that the jazz dont have. The best part he is solid defensively.

I would love to see the jazz grab 1 more first rounder. Still love me some difference Maker. Cut withey and let maker develop as our 5th big. Hell maybe poeltl gobert lyles and maker are out future.

I wonder how far burks would get us up in the draft?

I have watched some korkmaz workout vids and i see a guy who gives up to early. On the last move he becomes lax because he knows the drill is over.

Really?I see a guy who finished his regular season in turkey and came over immediately to have 5 workouts within 6 days.

Bulls, international draft camp, philly, Nuggets and Celtics.

For those interested:

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 54m54 minutes ago
ESPN's Mock Draft Special airs tonight 7pm ET on ESPN. @JayBilas, @TomPennLAFC, @AminESPN and I breakdown the draft

Jon Krawczynski: "TWolves GM Scott Layden says he expects a lot of movement on Thursday night. A lot of teams calling them on 5."

So this means there will zero trades on Thursday right?

I think if Poeltl is there at 12, it's awfully hard to pass on him. He has ideal measurables and mobility. He can score with either hand. He can pass. He's improved a ton in 2 years. If he adds a Marc Gasol jumper and adds some more strength, he's a complete player.

Just saying what i sed

Sent from my LG-D851 using JazzFanz mobile app

No problem dude ;) But do you really think Poeltl has some defensive potential with a standing reach which is equal to Paul Millsap who is considered as a undersized 4 and poeltl should play the 5?

I think if Poeltl is there at 12, it's awfully hard to pass on him. He has ideal measurables and mobility.

Read my quote his standing reach ist terrible

No problem dude ;) But do you really think Poeltl has some defensive potential with a standing reach which is equal to Paul Millsap who is considered as a undersized 4 and poeltl should play the 5?

Read my quote his standing reach ist terrible

The Combine measurements were updated. Poeltl's reach is 9'3.5"