What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

Jonathan Tjarks recently made a really good point: Does a guy like Poetl, who was a primary option in college, have enough secondary tools to be an effective player if he's not a primary option? If you're not running offense through him, is he better than a guy like Chinanu Onuake or AJ Hammons?

I don't really have a favorite at this point. I would be happy with a lot of guys. Korkmaz didn't impress me in the video. He didn't seem that agile laterally. I really question if he can guard NBA players.

If teams are trying to trade up then I would see what it would take to get JMurray. I would give up #12 +Burke and maybe a future first to get a shot at him.

The Jazz need a lot of help on the bench. I want them to get guys who can shoot a little and/or play defense.

Jonathan Tjarks recently made a really good point: Does a guy like Poetl, who was a primary option in college, have enough secondary tools to be an effective player if he's not a primary option? If you're not running offense through him, is he better than a guy like Chinanu Onuake or AJ Hammons?

This is a really good point. Not saying he can't but it's an interesting question.

One of Furkan's strengths is that he can play a role.

I think the Jazz will try to move up in this draft simply because they can. They've got a couple guys and a couple extra picks they'd like to move (and probably need to move this year), and there will still be 4 or 5 players of the same tier available at 12. Now isn't the time to sit on extra assets.