What's new

Following potential 2012 draftees

For some reason, I think it will happen too. It would be our luck that the two draft we have two picks in the lottery are the worst drafts.

Definitely sounds like our luck. But the players want to put the age requirement back down to 18, so hopefully things just stay the same.

Good thread PKM. I think the Jazz have assets to get virtually anyone in this draft, so your thread is very relevant. We know KOC goes aggressively after someone he likes, and he has a lot of ammunition. Especially if he cashes in on that GS pick this year.

I really don't think the current players really care that much about the age requirement. I think if the owners proposed it, and everything else was agreed upon, they would just say F it we don't care.

I really don't think the current players really care that much about the age requirement. I think if the owners proposed it, and everything else was agreed upon, they would just say F it we don't care.

Or maybe since they've caved a little on everything else, maybe they'll want SOMETHING to go their way, so they'll push for the age requirement to stay the same? Come on, it wouldn't hurt to be a little optimistic now and again.

UNC's first game;

Harrison Barnes - 2 of 8 from the field (9 of 10 FT's) for 13pts, 4rbs, 1ast

... safe to assume we needn't follow Henson or Zeller as they're obvious PF's.

Actually zeller is a center and I am hoping that he falls to us with our second round pick. I think he would make a great 3rd center on our roster.

Maybe barnes will suck again to start the year and drop to use.

Good thread PKM. I think the Jazz have assets to get virtually anyone in this draft, so your thread is very relevant. We know KOC goes aggressively after someone he likes, and he has a lot of ammunition. Especially if he cashes in on that GS pick this year.

Absolutely. There are very, very good chances of picking up any one, or two, of the following;

Harrison Barnes
Brad Beal
Austin Rivers
Terrence Jones
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Marquis Teague
Myck Kabongo
.. and many others

Not only is this draft littered with studs, but they it is so at desired positions. We could see two lottery picks where the BPA also happens to fill a specific need.

Actually zeller is a center and I am hoping that he falls to us with our second round pick. I think he would make a great 3rd center on our roster.

Maybe barnes will suck again to start the year and drop to use.

I'm not crazy about Zeller as a center in the NBA. He has a nice hook shot, I just don't see him as anything but spot minutes, imo. I also don't think he drops past about pick 20'ish.

I think there's a reasonable chance Barnes drops to 4 - 6. He should go 3, but it's a long season ahead.

Or maybe since they've caved a little on everything else, maybe they'll want SOMETHING to go their way, so they'll push for the age requirement to stay the same? Come on, it wouldn't hurt to be a little optimistic now and again.

I'm hearing (outside of media tweets) the age req't will not change and both sides know it.

Keep up the great conversations PKM! I love the draft.

Is it wrong of me to hope the Jazz are terrible this season (hopefully a shorter, less painful season)? I'll definitely root for Golden State to be fairly bad, but not too bad. Drafting MKG or Barnes would be a nice get, and then snagging a PG with upside would round out the young Jazz very nicely. Now watch the Jazz end up with Drummond and Sullinger.

Is it wrong of me to hope the Jazz are terrible this season.

During a regular season, I would never root for a high draft pick over winning games. However, since the nimrods in the NBA are ruining the season anyway, added to the fact that Utah will probably be mediocre at best, and I'm only a few weeks from going into full out tank mode. Yep, if they don't pull their heads out in a hurry, and get the season started by Dec. 1, I say it's time to start the tank movement.

The lockout is probably going to make Utah an ever crappier team. We basically have a new coach, 2 new rotation players, and a really young team. The lockout will probably hit us the hardest of any other team besides the Timberwolves.

Keep up the great conversations PKM! I love the draft.

Is it wrong of me to hope the Jazz are terrible this season (hopefully a shorter, less painful season)? I'll definitely root for Golden State to be fairly bad, but not too bad. Drafting MKG or Barnes would be a nice get, and then snagging a PG with upside would round out the young Jazz very nicely. Now watch the Jazz end up with Drummond and Sullinger.

Thanks, glad others like the conversation. I would certainly be happy, very happy, with Sullinger and Drummond .. needs or not. (Though I do think Sullinger is a bit overrated as to how he will translate to the NBA.)

I just want a killer-good team in the next couple years. If that means another bad year, wtf cares?

The lockout is probably going to make Utah an ever crappier team. We basically have a new coach, 2 new rotation players, and a really young team. The lockout will probably hit us the hardest of any other team besides the Timberwolves.

Totally agree.

I would certainly be happy, very happy, with Sullinger and Drummond .. needs or not.

Agreed. A lot can happen between now and the begining of next season. Not only that, as it has been discussed on this board many times, you always draft BPA. The only time you draft by position is when choosing between two players valued equally. If it just so happens a PF is the BPA at our pick, that's who you take. Worry about balancing the roster later.

No reason to ignore PFs just because we happen to have a glut right now.

I agree with most of what was written here. Kendall is a very good collegiate point guard. Whether he transitions his talent to NBA-level will depend on him getting a more explosive first step and/or being a better shooter. My concern, at this stage, is he would be too easy to stop by NBA defenders and would stagnate the offense. The PG has to either have blow by ability or to light up a sagging defender. I'm not sure Kendall has either. Having said that, he's a very heady player and a great passer .. he needs to add strength for defense and improve his shot .. then he could be very special.

My opinion is he'll be a very high-level backup in the NBA.

I think my dream draft would be Harrison Barnes and Kendall Marshall. Or Quincy Miller and Marshall.

Hayward and Barnes would make for some fundamentally sound nastiness on the wings.

I think my dream draft would be Harrison Barnes and Kendall Marshall. Or Quincy Miller and Marshall.

Hayward and Barnes would make for some fundamentally sound nastiness on the wings.

My dream draft would be Drummond and Davis.
My dream draft for need would be Barnes and Beal (I'm just not sure there's an elite PG in this class .. or next for that matter).
I do think that opinions will change on Kidd-Gilchrist this year .. looking forward to watching these guys play ball.