What's new

Following potential 2012 draftees

Well unless our soul is kanter, favors, Hayward or burkes.

Haha .. nice.

For those that haven't seen it, this was a bad pass that Davis converted to a dunk anyway.

AD+V+UL+2.jpg

Back to the Rondo talk. I'd give up Jefferson and/or Millsap, GS pick and anyone outside of the young 4.

RONDO IS A BAUSS

Any thoughts on Tyshawn Taylor? I know he does dumb ****, and doesn't always play well, but he is talented. Maybe a 2nd round pick or is he going to be gone by then?

I have to be honest. I want Darius Miller to disappear in tomorrow's game. I want people questioning his motor.

I honestly believe that D Miller will have a successful career in the NBA as a role player/back up. He can play multiple positions, defend multiple positions and he is athletic with a good shot. If a team like OKC, Chicago, Miami and especially the Spurs get him that it will hurt the Jazz.

Just wanted to get that out there.

I'd consider it. I'm pretty honed in on Marshall at this point, though. Just watching his last 10 games...he was always the best player on the court. Then watching UNC without him? Nothing clicked for them. I feel like the Jazz are the same. We have all the talented pieces, but no one to put it all together and make it work on a nightly basis. If we get Marshall, I think we'll begin to see more than just glimpses of what our young core is capable of.

And with Marshall, I would expect him to learn the offense and run it well within his first year just because UNC's offense is similar and how high is BB IQ is. With Lilliard, I imagine it taking more time....like it has with Harris.

And with Marshall, I would expect him to learn the offense and run it well within his first year just because UNC's offense is similar and how high is BB IQ is. With Lilliard, I imagine it taking more time....like it has with Harris.

Yeah, and I think Lillard is an even worse passer than Harris. I don't expect him to ever do more than run the pick n' roll, and make easy passes to jump shooters. Marshall on the other hand will get a player the ball the second there is an opening, no matter where they are.

Jason Kidd couldn't hit a shot when he came in the league. But he could pass. AND defend.
Marshall looks like his offense might be getting better so there's some reason for optimism there. And he can pass. But he can't defend.

Then again, Hayward wasn't known for defense when he came out and now he's awesome on the defensive side of the court.

........I want Rondo.

Jason Kidd couldn't hit a shot when he came in the league. But he could pass. AND defend.
Marshall looks like his offense might be getting better so there's some reason for optimism there. And he can pass. But he can't defend.

Then again, Hayward wasn't known for defense when he came out and now he's awesome on the defensive side of the court.

........I want Rondo.

If Rondo can be had for a decent price (say, Al + GS pick) then I'd be all for it. If not, I'm more than fine with Marshall.

........I want Rondo.

Niether was Burks.

Same with Kidd, right?

Sure, Kidd was very fast and had good size for a PG.

Not saying Marshall can't develop into a good defender, I just don't think there's as much reason to expect him to do so like there were with other poor defenders coming out of college.

Not saying Marshall can't develop into a good defender, I just don't think there's as much reason to expect him to do so like there were with other poor defenders coming out of college.

If it's bad defender in college because of physical tools instead of being a physical talent, but missing the right culture or motivation (Kanter, Burks), yeah, it usually gets worse...

kopfschmerzen1-240x300.jpg

Really, it's anyone's guess who will be better out of Lillard and Marshall. Such intriguing skill sets, pros, and cons in contrast to one another.

If it's bad defender in college because of physical tools instead of being a physical talent, but missing the right culture or motivation (Kanter, Burks), yeah, it usually gets worse...

Chances are he won't ever be a great defender, but I wouldn't say there's no chance. Defense is effort and desire more than anything else. So if he gains that, along with great defensive fundamentals, he could be decent on that end of the floor. We'll see.