What's new

Following potential 2012 draftees

Chances are he won't ever be a great defender, but I wouldn't say there's no chance. Defense is effort and desire more than anything else. So if he gains that, along with great defensive fundamentals, he could be decent on that end of the floor. We'll see.

From what I've read and also seen (to a smaller degree, admittedly), he's not lacking fundamentals or effort from what I can tell.

Some other notable names:

Rivers to the Nuggets @ 17
Q Miller to the Nets @ 16
D Miller to the Kings @ 36
White to the Grizzlies @ 20
Moultrie to the Magic @ 25
Lillard to the Suns @ 13
Tony Mitchell to the Warriors @ 27

Those are just some of the names that have been discussed on this thread.

Draftexpress.com just updated their mock draft:

https://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2012/

It has the Jazz getting PJ3 and Marshall. That would be a steal of a draft IMO.

Lillard to the Suns @ 13

Team needs have not been accounted for yet. Seems like there are a lot of good fits for teams on this mock.

Rather have Zeller than PJ3.

At this point Utah has the luxury of drafting a questionable big man like PJ3 and being patient with him while he either develops into the player that he has the potential to be, or until he turns into a bust. He certainly would not disappoint as a 4th or 5th big for the Jazz.

Lillard to the Suns @ 13

Those feel pretty right to me. I'd probably move Rivers, Moultrie, and Mitchell up a bit, but it's splitting hairs.

Very interesting. A poll of UK fans was asked, "Down 1 with 25 seconds and the ball, who do you want taking the shot for the win?"

Overwhelming majority said ...... Darius Miller.

Very interesting. A poll of UK fans was asked, "Down 1 with 25 seconds and the ball, who do you want taking the shot for the win?"

Overwhelming majority said ...... Darius Miller.

Like I have said before, I want him to fall the Jazz in the 2nd round. He would be a perfect bench player.

I know people are down on PJ3 but he's got great talent and he's a nice kid. I can root for him. I'd be very happy if the Jazz got him.

Jazz have FOUR starting calibre bigs right now. How on earth does drafting a PF that's a comatose, all-universe talent make sense?

Three words sum up Perry Jones III career to date. This is a quote after their loss to UK.

Q. This is for Perry. The second half was a different game, mainly, I think, because you played so well. Where was the aggression in the first half?

PERRY JONES III: I don't know.

I still say Zeller because he has enough size to be a center, and would be a good fit with either Kanter or Favors down the road. He would make Al or Sap expendable right away because he would be ready to contribute right away.

PJ3 is too passive. I don't think he would fit well alongside either of our guys. He is strictly a 4, and a stretch 4 at that. Zeller is a 4/5, with ability to hit the midrange jump shot and rebound.

PJ3's passivity is a concern even for me, but his natural talent is more impressive than Zeller's conservative talent. Higher upside. I think the Jazz' offense will be better for him than Baylor's. Also, I'm still not convinced he can't play the 3. His outside shot is good. He can also post up if need be. His length is great. He's not the fastest at the position but he's not slowest. He's probably better at the 3 than AK was. Certainly better offensively.

Maybe more will be learned in workouts but I won't close the door on PJ3 at the 3 until I learn more. The guy's just too talented - and at pick 9 it's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned.