What's new

Following potential 2013 draftees

Uhh... then whey is he going back? Wishing Wiggins suffers a season ending injury?

Because he's not confident. His family has plenty of money, he's always been honor roll and commented early on that he'd prefer to get his degree (and he meant it, imo), and he wants to practice everyday against the best of the best and get better. Bottom line is he got overwhelmed by the add'l speed and athleticism of college vs. HS .. and is afraid of jumping too early to the next level. He thinks too much.. but I appreciate his honesty.

Because he's not confident. His family has plenty of money, he's always been honor roll and commented early on that he'd prefer to get his degree (and he meant it, imo), and he wants to practice everyday against the best of the best and get better. Bottom line is he got overwhelmed by the add'l speed and athleticism of college vs. HS .. and is afraid of jumping too early to the next level. He thinks too much.. but I appreciate his honesty.

Btw.. Wiggins hasn't even chosen a school yet...

OK .. fair enough.. was just playing devil's advocate.

I know you don't do it, but I wonder if Wiggins goes to UK, may be Alex could use a change of scenery? May be change to a school where he can thrive as an alpha male with his teammates relying on him to score, etc.

The way Cal subs is interesting. Whoever is best and plays hardest starts. Then they sub themselves in and out when they need a breather. They have to make a pretty big mistake for him to pull them out. Wiggins could play 40 minutes if he wants to.. but Poy would get Wiggins' bench minutes, but that's it.

Would he? If Wiggins commits to UK and Goodwin returns, I don't know how Poythress sees much time when you've also got Aaron Harrison and James Young. It sounds like he'd be the 5th wing option?

OK .. fair enough.. was just playing devil's advocate.

I know you don't do it, but I wonder if Wiggins goes to UK, may be Alex could use a change of scenery? May be change to a school where he can thrive as an alpha male with his teammates relying on him to score, etc.

That would be way dumb. He would have to sit out a year, not log a single minute, rather than play against the best every day and have a great chance to get a ring.

Would he? If Wiggins commits to UK and Goodwin returns, I don't know how Poythress sees much time when you've also got Aaron Harrison and James Young. It sounds like he'd be the 5th wing option?

Andrew/Aaron
Aaron/Young/Goodwin
Wiggins/Poythress/Young
Randle/Lee/Poythress
WCS/Johnson/Lee

*I believe Wiltjer will transfer to the Zags.. and would be a GREAT get for them.

That would be way dumb. He would have to sit out a year, not log a single minute, rather than play against the best every day and have a great chance to get a ring.

Ah, that's true. Actually practicing against Wiggins would be fun. You practice your defense against the best and learn some new moves/mentality too.

If he's not ready he's not ready. Some scouts might view it as a positive sign he wants to get better rather than a player who want to make a quick one time cash grab. Besides he is low teens right now, not a whole lot farther to drop given a player of his athleticism.

Wow.. I don't see how Goodwin will get much min.

If this ends up being the line up... MASSIVE if.. considering Poy, Archie, and WCS could all leave and Wiggins could certainly choose elsewhere..

Anyway, yes, Archie could have a hard time logging minutes.. but Cal will run waves of studs and play balls to the wall knowing he's 10 deep with 1st rounders..

Say somehow we win the lottery and get a top 3 pick. Who would you guys want us too take? Name your 1, 2, and 3.

S/T Al and the top-3 pick

for

Ben Gordon's ****ty ***, BIYOMBO, and their Blazers* and Pistons** picks.

*top 12 protected in the 2013, 2014, and 2015, and unprotected in 2016
**top 14 protected in the 2013 draft, top 8 in 2014, top 1 in 2015, and unprotected in 2016

for

Ben Gordon's ****ty ***, whatever pick they get this year, BIYOMBO, and a 2014 1st rounder (they own a Pistons pick with top-8 protection, then top-1 in 2015, then unprotected in 2016).

Well.. I agree with trading it for something. I'm certain we could get something better in trade. Well, almost certain..

for

Ben Gordon's ****ty ***, BIYOMBO, and their Blazers* and Pistons** picks.

*top 12 protected in the 2013, 2014, and 2015, and unprotected in 2016
**top 14 protected in the 2013 draft, top 8 in 2014, top 1 in 2015, and unprotected in 2016

Dude, that RIPS.