What's new

Following potential 2014 draftees

So maybe Jabari has a predisposition to be a fatty if he does not work his *** off. But you know what else he has a predisposition to be? Tougher than hell. I have seen plenty of Polynesian kids take beatings like you would not believe, and not even be phased by all of it, and then go right back and beat the crap out if whatever gang/group they were in a fight with.

Dat kearns town life doe

Ask fishonjazz doe

Dunno.. may be it's Jabari's nice mormon boy image, but I just don't see a lot of 'fight' or 'beat the crap out of you' mentality in him.

Nah, like if you were to have a real fight, I think Randle would end up beating the crap out of Jabari.

Jabari wouldn't even last 1 round against Smart, IMO.

Doesn't seem like there are many people in the nba who would last that long against smart. Luckily the nba plays basketball though, and not mma

Doesn't seem like there are many people in the nba who would last that long against smart. Luckily the nba plays basketball though, and not mma

Randle vs Smart would make a good fight.

Back to the topic, Jabari's lack of 'fight' worries me a little... Asked by DX where he thinks he will be in 5 years time, Jabari's answer was "to be playing basketball 'somewhere'."

Hmmm... we keep thinking Jabari = Pierce lite.... but is that blinding us a little? Pierce is ultra competitive, I'm not sure how competitive Jabari's personality actually is. He's a "good" player, but is he destined to be "great"?

You've come across a lot of business people, sports people in your days... what do you think?

Hmmm... we keep thinking Jabari = Pierce lite.... but is that blinding us a little? Pierce is ultra competitive, I'm not sure how competitive Jabari's personality actually is. He's a "good" player, but is he destined to be "great"?

You've come across a lot of business people, sports people in your days... what do you think?

I actually believe in Jabari, totally. I think he comes off OVERLY humble but it's more a mktg ploy than a concern.
I do think he's humble.. but I don't think it's an unhealthy humble.

He's a Pierce.. but a rich man's Pierce, imo. I mean that.

But I also think Wiggins and Embiid both could be even better...

It's a great draft.

science is anything that can use the scientific method so suck it.

Jerry Sloan could still kick the a** of any one in this draft.

kkkkkkk head is so far up his ... never mind but that is why they call it talking out of your a**.

no one knows what genes were donated from his mom or dad or wether they are dominate or recessive so shut the **** up.

wiggins is #1 hands down
embiid, if his back is ok, #2. if not who knows
Parker is #3 but just by a little. (friend once told me it is ok to be fat as long as your are fat where it counts)
exum is the dark horse decent numbers at the combine could move into #2 on need (see Orlando)
Vonleh is next for me just for the reason that the reason I didnt like Paul George is the something I see in vonleh. passive but so talented don't want to make that mistake again. (not comparing them as a players so suck it)
Gordon just because I think he can play sf but you desperately need a shooter. pairing him with mcbuckets would be ideal
smart because of the fire
randle just because kkk has pissed me off about him.

"I'm ready to step in and take somebody's job," LaVine said when I asked about how prepared he is for the next level.

During shooting drills, he nailed 14-of-25 NBA three-pointers, 14-of-18 jumpers off the dribble from 15 feet and 21-of-32 shots on the move from the same range.

Maybe trade 35 and 23 for LaVine??

Yes. Can you make that happen?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Trashtalk

I actually believe in Jabari, totally. I think he comes off OVERLY humble but it's more a mktg ploy than a concern.
I do think he's humble.. but I don't think it's an unhealthy humble.

He's a Pierce.. but a rich man's Pierce, imo. I mean that.

But I also think Wiggins and Embiid both could be even better...

It's a great draft.

I'll reserve my judgement on Jabari... I remember that game vs Kansas in the beginning of the season, Jabari was GREAT in the 1st half, then for some reason he lost "it" and faded late in the 2nd half. Coach K actually sat him down the final 2 minutes Jabari was playing that poorly.

On the contrary, in the game against MSU, Randle was a no-show in the 1st half and came back strong in the 2nd. To me that showed grit and fight. He was also that inspirational leader for UK in the tourney.

Yeah talent wise Jabari > Randle, but fight counts for something and Randle has it in spades.

I'll reserve my judgement on Jabari... I remember that game vs Kansas in the beginning of the season, Jabari was GREAT in the 1st half, then for some reason he lost "it" and faded late in the 2nd half. Coach K actually sat him down the final 2 minutes Jabari was playing that poorly.

On the contrary, in the game against MSU, Randle was a no-show in the 1st half and came back strong in the 2nd. To me that showed grit and fight. He was also that inspirational leader for UK in the tourney.

Yeah talent wise Jabari > Randle, but fight counts for something and Randle has it in spades.

So would you rather have a player like Tracy mcgrady or Ronnie price? Ronnie price obviously had way more fight, but t Mac was the superior talent.

I think Jabari is going to be able to do a lot of what Kevin Durant does, not everything, but a lot---especially if he tightens his handle. I know Durant is longer, but Jabari is more powerful driving to the rim and scoring in the paint.

Durant and Parker have some of the same strengths and weaknesses.