What's new

Following potential 2014 draftees

Wow.... can't believe Coach Cal just turned down $80m... if true that's impressive commitment to UK...

Either that or he's trying to get the Lakers to offer more.

Yeah, I would take the Cavs job in a heartbeat. Worst case scenario is your disappoint and they fire you after 2 years, but you still get a paid in full.

Yeah, I would take the Cavs job in a heartbeat. Worst case scenario is your disappoint and they fire you after 2 years, but you still get a paid in full.

Yah this.

Your reputation won't even be dented that much cos the blame would probably be on that mad owner. He can prob. still go back to UK with $80m richer. No brainer.

I wouldn't give up next years 1st to move up for a player this year, regardless of pick, the Jazz are only a few injuries away from a really bad season. Its too much risk for me, id hate to see this site during a ****ty season with no draft pick.

Do the Elfrid Payton supporters think he will develop a better jumpshot than John Wall? Im not very confident in his shooting.

It took me a while to find a 1st round PG, with a 26% or similar 3pt shooting rate the season prior to being drafted. Even D. Rose, Westbrook, and John Wall were all around 33%

Rodney Stuckey could qualify, but hes really a SG. I keep seeing PG's i think might be near 26% but its not the case, even Mardy Collins shot 30%

The last PG i could find with that sort of % was Rajon Rondo in 2006, Their FT shooting #'s are both Mid 50's in college aswell

thats my main concern with over-drafting Payton, Rondo went 21st. I dont give 2 ****s about his turnovers compared to the shooting.

I wouldn't give up next years 1st to move up for a player this year, regardless of pick, the Jazz are only a few injuries away from a really bad season. Its too much risk for me, id hate to see this site during a ****ty season with no draft pick.

This.

We're kidding ourselves if we think we're gonna make the playoffs this year. I suspect it's another 'tank' year with the Snyder hire.

This.

We're kidding ourselves if we think we're gonna make the playoffs this year. I suspect it's another 'tank' year with the Snyder hire.

I could see us around the #9 spot (in the draft). I wouldn't expect another 'tank' year, we'd have to trade the whole team to get another top 5 pick.

I could see us around the #9 spot (in the draft). I wouldn't expect another 'tank' year, we'd have to trade the whole team to get another top 5 pick.

May be... Irregarlessly, I hope we'll see a busload of Gobert and whoever the #5 pick will get us.

That would have been 33 wins this year, so it's possible. I'd probably put the Jazz in the 35-40 win range. I thought Utah should have won 35 this year. But there was the Trey injury and the team just quitting for 2 months, I wouldn't be surprised if the Jazz came close to a .500 season. Won't make the playoffs in the WC, but it's going to be fun to see what the players can do under a new coach.

If Exum is there at #5 you don't waste a second and take him.

Smart and Oladipo in the backcourt together? Let them shoot all they want.

Jazz are going to win the lotto next year and draft that okafor kid that Jabari is friends with. They pretty much will have to after they get Jabari this year.

This.

I think we could make the playoffs. Having a new coach has a way of rejuvenating the players and lighting a fire in them giving the team new life. Throw in the fact that maybe QS is smart enough to no that Hayward isn't our first option, and Favors, Kanter, and Burks take a collective big leap forward, and Burke and Gobert improve...

Did anyone think the suns would be in contention for a playoff spot? The jazz aren't looking to tank. Offense should get better, and I don't see the jazz being the worst defensive team next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh to Exum.

Let him fall to the Lakers/Boston.

PKM, said he knows some very pronounced scouts who said Exum has the first step and quickness, with the fluidity of Steph Curry.

How would Exum fit into the Jazz plans though is the question.

Also do they draft Aaron Gordon as Gordon Hayward's replacement?

If Exum is there at #5 you don't waste a second and take him.

Smart and Oladipo in the backcourt together? Let them shoot all they want.

You take whoever Philly wants to complete the trade for Jabari Parker. Deal is in place ahead of time. If their guy slips, they get him at a reduced rate, plus assets. Jazz get their coveted #1 scorer. If you don't have that deal in place, you take Gordon. Not sold on Exum at all.

PKM, said he knows some very pronounced scouts who said Exum has the first step and quickness, with the fluidity of Steph Curry.

How would Exum fit into the Jazz plans though is the question.

Also do they draft Aaron Gordon as Gordon Hayward's replacement?
Aaron Gordon would likely play the 3 in Utah. Why would he replace Hayward, when the Jazz have made it clear that they see him as a 2?

Aaron Gordon would likely play the 3 in Utah. Why would he replace Hayward, when the Jazz have made it clear that they see him as a 2?

Think the Jazz have clearly been of the "We don't care about positions" stance for a while.

They have bigs, wings, and ball handlers.