What's new

Following potential 2014 draftees

Everybody is lying this time of year. The draft is a crapshoot, but if there is one thing we can count on is that Nba teams are full of crap leading up to the draft. Good to know the Jazz are actually high on Randle and Smart. I like both players.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Unless they want you to think that and they are actually high on Vonleh and Gordon!

Everybody is lying this time of year. The draft is a crapshoot, but if there is one thing we can count on is that Nba teams are full of crap leading up to the draft. Good to know the Jazz are actually high on Randle and Smart. I like both players.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

I dont know man... lindsay has been way more transparent then koc ever was... they were right on snyder leading the pack way before the news broke etc...

I think Vonleh has always been >>> Randle. Even if Exum drops, I'm not so sure they'd take him at #5, especially since he refused to workout for Utah. I think the decision does come to Vonleh or Gordon.

Dude. This is just silly. Seriously.

Unless they want you to think that and they are actually high on Vonleh and Gordon!

Oooohhhh
The ol' double reverse psychology manuever

I think they need to think that we think that they think they are high on a Gordon and Vonleh.

In other news it was rumored today that Sacramento was interested in Dennis Schroeder and Brandon Knight both of whom are under contract with other teams. Sacramento is desperate for a starting pg if they think they could get Smart or Exum by jumping the Lakers and trading for the Jazz pick. The Jazz pick could fetch a nice price and still end up with a nice player at 8.

Dude. This is just silly. Seriously.

Did it influence the choice of Deron over CP3?

Exum has acted a bit like a prima donna. We initially heard he had a list of "preferred teams," then he limits his workouts to just the top-4. Sorry, but he's the one guy that teams know the LEAST about. If Utah has a chance to trade up, I hope it's NOT for Exum. Caveat emptor, IMO. He MIGHT be a great player, or he may have been over-hyped by the media on the basis of one good game and a really good agent.

Reactions: MVP
Did it influence the choice of Deron over CP3?

Exum has acted a bit like a prima donna. We initially heard he had a list of "preferred teams," then he limits his workouts to just the top-4. Sorry, but he's the one guy that teams know the LEAST about. If Utah has a chance to trade up, I hope it's NOT for Exum. Caveat emptor, IMO. He MIGHT be a great player, or he may have been over-hyped by the media on the basis of one good game and a really good agent.

When your biggest selling point is mystery and intrigue why would you workout for a lot of teams?

I think they need to think that we think that they think they are high on a Gordon and Vonleh.

In other news it was rumored today that Sacramento was interested in Dennis Schroeder and Brandon Knight both of whom are under contract with other teams. Sacramento is desperate for a starting pg if they think they could get Smart or Exum by jumping the Lakers and trading for the Jazz pick. The Jazz pick could fetch a nice price and still end up with a nice player at 8.
They must think they'll lose Thomas as a RFA. He averaged 20/6; that's pretty good.

I'd hesitate to trade down to #8. I think there is another drop off after #7 when you then get to the likes of Randle, McDermott, Stauskas and Saric.
Top 3 (+1) - Embiid, Wiggins, Parker (in some order), then Exum
Next 3 - Vonleh, Gordon, Smart (in some order)

I want the Jazz to end up with any of the above seven.

When your biggest selling point is mystery and intrigue why would you workout for a lot of teams?
That's EXACTLY my point. Exum may be a Marvin Williams type pick. He's a tweener that could struggle at each position. He could be good, but just never live up to his draft position. His agent is smart having him work out for just a few teams.

Not worth it. Move along, there is nothing to see here.

The Jazz should not move back to 8.

They should move up to 8 though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Trashtalk

They must think they'll lose Thomas as a RFA. He averaged 20/6; that's pretty good.

I'd hesitate to trade down to #8. I think there is another drop off after #7 when you then get to the likes of Randle, McDermott, Stauskas and Saric.
Top 3 (+1) - Embiid, Wiggins, Parker (in some order), then Exum
Next 3 - Vonleh, Gordon, Smart (in some order)

I want the Jazz to end up with any of the above seven.

This.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Trashtalk