What's new

Following potential 2015 draftees

This could be a crazy draft night. Payne, Looney, Lyles, Booker, Kaminsky, Dekker and Oubre each have a chance to go before 12.

Looney on fire!

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
Kevon Looney has six more teams in the lottery on his schedule and his camp is trying to find dates for two more.

That's good. Someone can take him before the Jazz make a mistake by taking him instead. I hope that means someone really good is gonna fall down to us at 12 as well. :cool:

I think I have Kaminsky back in my #1 spot. If turner is still on the board with him, it's going to be tough.

Anyone who would seriously want Kaminsky after we had Kanter is nutso. Even if Kanter was okay coming off the bench, his huge lack of defense would have been the biggest liability of the second unit. This exactly how it will be with Kaminsky. Defense wins games.

Kyler answering a question about Upshaw and whether or not he would have gotten into the late first round without the heart issue that has surfaced:

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA 2m2 minutes ago

I don't think you gasp the scope of his personal and drug issues -- this was a not guy smoking some weed

When are they going to just come out and say what the guy has done? This is becoming ridiculous. I feel like it's worse for him that this is hanging in the air and everybody is using code words and not willing to say what exactly were his personal and drug issues. What did he do?

Anyone who would seriously want Kaminsky after we had Kanter is nutso. Even if Kanter was okay coming off the bench, his huge lack of defense would have been the biggest liability of the second unit. This exactly how it will be with Kaminsky. Defense wins games.

Dirk is not a good defender. He won a championship. That didn't take too long to debunk.

Just because a player is a really good shooter and a subpar defender does not mean you can not win with that player.

I think memo even got a ring. (another poor defender that was good shooter)

I mean you would never want a player like reggie miller on your team right? Steve kerr was too sucky at defense to win a championship too

You also need scoring though. And the Jazz really need scoring. Kaminsky is a much better shooter than Kanter too.

You also need scoring though. And the Jazz really need scoring. Kaminsky is a much better shooter than Kanter too.

Better passer too.

Dirk is not a good defender. He won a championship. That didn't take too long to debunk.

Just because a player is a really good shooter and a subpar defender does not mean you can not win with that player.

I mean you would never want a player like reggie miller on your team right? Steve kerr was too sucky at defense to win a championship too

I have to disagree with you here, dirk was an above average defender when they won the title. Memo was not a great defender, i give you that. Im not sure about reggie tbh.

That said i think you can have average defenders on your bench. Enes Kanter is just a remarkably terrible defender.

I have to disagree with you here, dirk was an above average defender when they won the title. Memo was not a great defender, i give you that. Im not sure about reggie tbh.

That said i think you can have average defenders on your bench. Enes Kanter is just a remarkably terrible defender.
Ya my point was simply that there is a place on nba rosters for subpar defenders that are great on the offensive end. Im sure you could come up with many examples. You don't need great defenders at every position on your team........ especially when you have rudy gobert on your team.

And I don't think that dirk was an above average defender at any point in his career. We can agree to disagree.

Dirk was absolutely not "an above average defender" when Dallas won it. Dallas did everything in the playbook to hide him on that end, and they narrowly got away with it.

I'm honestly confused where the idea Kaminsky is a terrible defender is coming from, his potential is obviously lower than Towns/WCS on that end, but I though he held up just fine against everyone he played this year.

I've really been backing Sam Dekker but wouldn't it be amazing if Stanley Johnson fell to 12?? Just thinking about it made my loins tingle. At worst he'd be a good backup for Hayward, BUT! At best he could take over and start at 3 and Hayward could slide to the 2. Imagine this starting lineup...

Exum
Hayward
Johnson
Favors
Gobert

Such defense!!

I also really like Wright. Would be sweet if the Jazz could make a draft day trade involving Burke in order to get him. His defense and pass first game would be great for the second unit with Burks coming off the bench as the 6th man and Hood being one of the defensive anchors.

Don't see where he said you couldn't win with subpar defenders. He simply said defense wins games. Hard to argue that. And for the record Dallas had a very good defense the year they won the championship, in spite of Dirk. Tyson Chandler had a great year.

I've really been backing Sam Dekker but wouldn't it be amazing if Stanley Johnson fell to 12?? Just thinking about it made my loins tingle. At worst he'd be a good backup for Hayward, BUT! At best he could take over and start at 3 and Hayward could slide to the 2. Imagine this starting lineup...

Exum
Hayward
Johnson
Favors
Gobert

Such defense!!

I also really like Wright. Would be sweet if the Jazz could make a draft day trade involving Burke in order to get him. His defense and pass first game would be great for the second unit with Burks coming off the bench as the 6th man and Hood being one of the defensive anchors.

I've been trying to get on the Stanley train since there's a decent chance he falls to us but I just can't. His shot looks really weird and starts out really low. He measured shorter than expected and has trouble finishing at the rim. I'm having flashbacks of Chris Singleton. What am I missing here?

Exum
Hayward
Johnson
Favors
Gobert

Such defense!!

Iawtp.
I like Wright to compete for back up point guard. Hopefully he will be there for us in the 2nd round.

Johnson at 12 would be a dream come true...... He won't be there at 12 though

Unless someone unexpected falls to us, I really think Looney will be the pick.

I think he may have passed Portis for the Jazz. Better measurables, younger, more natural shooter, better handle and passing. He's in vogue as a prototype PF for today's game. If he gets stronger, he should finish inside a bit better. That's been my gripe with him.

Don't see where he said you couldn't win with subpar defenders. He simply said defense wins games. Hard to argue that. And for the record Dallas had a very good defense the year they won the championship, in spite of Dirk. Tyson Chandler had a great year.
He said don't take Frank cause he don't play defense (We don't even know that he won't play D)

I was saying that you can still take a player even if they are not great defenders silly

Analytical projections... not mock drafts. I don't remember if it was Vashro's projection or Pelton's or somebody else's but they generally had him ranked very low...

Just found it - 38th in Vashro, 56th in Pelton's. Analytics models didn't like Hood at all.

Pelton still doesn't like Hood that much.