What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

How Bam Adebayo measures at the combine will be critical for him. He plays like a center and it will be important to see if he's long enough to be a rim protector. Otherwise teams will want him to develop more skills further away from the rim and play PF.

Adebayo with 10 points and 9 rebounds at half on 5-6 shooting from the field. He is playing with a lot of energy and is really crashing the boards.

Fox never stops going he's going all out every second even on defense. Got to appreciate a player like that.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

The question with him is shooting.

I thought the Jazz only got two seconds and two firsts (I know, Lindsey is slacking).

2017 first round draft pick from Golden State
Golden State's 2017 1st round pick to Utah [Denver-Golden State-Utah, 7/10/2013]

2017 second round draft picks from Detroit and/or Golden State and/or New York (second and third most favorable incl. Utah)
Utah will receive the second and third most favorable of Detroit's 2017 2nd round pick, Golden State's 2017 2nd round pick, New York's 2017 2nd round pick (via Toronto) and Utah's 2017 2nd round pick; Philadelphia will receive the most favorable of these four picks and the more favorable of (i) the least favorable of these four picks and (ii) Atlanta's 2017 2nd round pick protected for selections 56-60 and Atlanta will receive the least favorable of these five picks (via Philadelphia's right to swap the least favorable of the four picks for Atlanta) (if the Atlanta pick falls within its protected range, then Philadelphia's swap right and Atlanta's obligation to Philadelphia will be extinguished and Philadelphia will receive the least favorable of the four picks) [Denver-Golden State-Utah, 7/10/2013; New York-Toronto, 7/10/2013; Toronto-Utah, 7/10/2014; Detroit-Oklahoma City-Utah, 2/19/2015; Philadelphia-Utah, 8/26/2016; Atlanta-Philadelphia, 2/22/2017]

OKC 1st too.

Brehs... Elijah Stewart on USC played an amazing game yesterday.. been hyping him here for a long time and have said I'd take him inthe 2nd this year.

I forgot to put him into my last mock..

so happy to see USC moving on tho. When the brakcets went live tv persona's directed their 'who shouldn't have got in' right at them.

Metu is the heart and soul of that team tho.. they go as far as he takes em.. 14 points on 5fga's in the win/ 2nd half comeback.

Creighton doesn't lose that game if their PG wasn't injured FWIW..

It's going to be interesting to see who stashes Fusek. He needs to gain more weight but he's 7'5 and moves well. He has a decent vertical for being so tall. Most videos I've seen are of him doing drills - only a few in-game videos of him blocking shots.

With four seconds we had better do at least one stash.

The video of him doing steph curry impersonations is absolutely hilarious. He'd be an awesome UDFA for Utah IMO..

Viny Okuou is an interesting possible UDFA giant too.. I'm not sure who I prefer, probably Viny.. Neither can hold a candle next to Isaac Haas at this point tho.

I still like OG Anunoby more than Tatum and Bridges. If he's there for us, I'd pull the trigger. The Jazz need another tough, athletic 6'8" two-way wing.

U have an interesting point with Bridges, I've toiled with that myself. Ultimately if Bridges keeps shooting well from 3 there's a strong case for him first..

Tatum there's no case for anymore. He's ascended to well out of range. To think he even falls past the top-5 at this point is a reach.

I was a tough grader on Tatum early in the season, but he's proven his mettle/competency (beyond a shadow of a doubt) IMHO. When you start to factor in team needs, clearly he's due to be one of the beneficiaries.

Bennie Boatwright would be a cool pick if he enters the draft. Probably wouldnt take him 1st round, but I like his stretch 4 potential.

Boatwright is a poormans Trey Lyles tho.. he's like really redundant..

He's a more natural shooter but pretty much Trey's got him beat at everything else.

Chemezie Metu and Elijah Stewart are the 2 USC players Utah could use IMHO.

(I know u've been repping Boatwright for a while --- I told you Metu's a better prospect!!)

I like Semi out of SMU but I'm not sure if he looks so good because he's 22 beating up on kids or if he's just really good.

He's legit. Old but legit. He's going to be appraised as a phenomenal lockerroom guy too. I mocked him to PHX to replace PJ Tucker (in the team needs apply mock) for that reason.

U gotta read about what kinda effort he's put in to getting his 3pt shot to where its at.

Buddy Hield level work ethic.

His skillset is built for the NBA game too. He;s got the agility to play SF or he'd be a bottom of the 2nd type.

SMU could've made a run tbh. That was a damn good team all year. they got an awful draw with USC.. USC has pro's up and down the lineup.. Ojeleye can't dominate Metu/the paint like he normally does.

He looks great doing it too... seems like a totally different player than we saw at Kentucky.

Coach Cal kinda did his draft stock a disservice, I'd argue he definitely did.

Ultimately it might've been the best thing that happened to the kid tho, I can't really say.

Thats the player(+progress) that I first saw in HS tho..Check this out. Video uploaded in 2012!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUr8QP71Ivg

All year even with the perceived weaknesses and 'psychological red-flags' w/e u wanna label em, I was always steadfast that If he played next to Rudy or Favors that stuff would pretty much be a non-issue or it'd be hidden.

OKC 1st too.

Thats for next year. A player that'd be a homerun with that pick is current HS sr. Jaren Jackson Jr. headed to MSU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m7zf4fmUj8

perfect match for the frontcourt IMO. He can play next to Lyles eventually. He's got potential up to the lottery. he's 6'10 - 6'11 ish with a 7'4ish wingspan and possibly still growing.

Jaren Jackson Sr. was an NBA player and there's a lot of evidence that suggests Jr.s going to be better.

More talented than Andray Blatche!

If they were to get him I'd take back a bunch of the bad things I said about the value returned from the Kanter deal.

Jeffrey Carroll isn't the reason OK St. lost yesterday.. just look at his stat line: 6/8 fgs, 3/4 from3.

Add Derrick Walton Jr to the list of PG's i'd take over Rugby Briscoe. He thoroughly outdueled Jawun Evans in this one.

D.J. Wilson with 4blocks and 19 points.. Some team could reach for him, he's not your standard variety of 2nd rd pick..He might measure as a prototype PF too.

Yet another monster game from Sindarius Thornwell.. My 2nd rd is already ridiculously overloaded with wings but he could easily get drafted..

29pts 11rebs, 2ast, 3stl, 2blks 1to..

I used to mention him here years back.. nBadarft has long been a fan.

Svi looked particularly sharp in the kansas game yesterday tho thats not the story the boxscore tells.

he's an interesting player to ask the question "how would he do on a smaller team in a bigger role?" I think he'd be legit.. I still think the joe Ingles comp is kinda legit, he's obviously more explosive tho.

WSU won but their NBA prospects Landry Shamet and Markis MacDuffie has sub-par games for their standards and will need to play MUCH better to hang with UK

I'm considering putting Deng Adel in the top-25. Solid ****ing player, he'd fall in line quickly here IMO.

He understands his place in the game well. Steps up at the right time. It's definitely understated just how good of a player he is.

The video of him doing steph curry impersonations is absolutely hilarious. He'd be an awesome UDFA for Utah IMO..

Viny Okuou is an interesting possible UDFA giant too.. I'm not sure who I prefer, probably Viny.. Neither can hold a candle next to Isaac Haas at this point tho.

It is funny. I'm wondering how many takes it took. He also has a half-court shot which looks effortless. I wanted to see more game footage of him. Based on the fact he's 7'5 and can move and doesn't lumber gives me the impression he will be drafted in the mid-2nd.

Haas weights more than Ostertag did for most of his career, which is impressive. Lane-cloggers like him don't come around too often.

It is funny. I'm wondering how many takes it took. He also has a half-court shot which looks effortless. I wanted to see more game footage of him. Based on the fact he's 7'5 and can move and doesn't lumber gives me the impression he will be drafted in the mid-2nd.

Haas weights more than Ostertag did for most of his career, which is impressive. Lane-cloggers like him don't come around too often.

Don't even mention Ostertag with Haas.. Isaac is a giant but he's really a legit basketball player with coordinated moves and a good feel for scoring around the rim.

Viny Okuou is potentially more of an oaf like Ostertag.. He's built like Shaq in his early 20's tho, not like Ostertag.

If Fusek doesn't drafted it's because of his age. No doubt if he was born in late '97 some team would take a flier. Thing I like about him is he's clearly improved a good bit in the last few years.
He's so skinny tho, he's gotta be a stash. U cant put these dudes out there so skinny, teams will go small and it's not the same as Rudy out there, or anywhere close..