What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

I don't know Swanigan very well. Anyone want to try to compare him to Boris Diaw (the heavier version)?

No one compares to Diaw. Swanigan is pretty unique. He is long, can pass, rebound, and shoot. He is going to be a terrible defender and he doesnt have exceptional center size to make up for it. Not a guy I would take in the 1st, at least not in this draft.

I don't know Swanigan very well. Anyone want to try to compare him to Boris Diaw (the heavier version)?
nah Boris Diaw is not an apt comparison. Swanigan is an Ike Diogu style big but shot the ball lights out from 3 this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3MyU_NCyu0

He's tough, the hope is that he'd benefit from NBA spacing. Much better prospect than Johnny O'Bryant from LSU a few years back. There is a weight concern, tho he's done a fine job prepping for the draft, will he keep the weight off tho?

I feel like one of Rabb, Giles, or Anigbogu will fall to Utah if they all stay in. Ford had Giles going 13th to Denver and Rabb 22 to Brooklyn via Washington.

Venzenkov is too one dimensional for my taste. He can shoot it but I'm not sure what else he brings to the table. And I don't know which position he plays. I'm not sure he's athletic enough to play SF or strong enough to play PF.

I have to repeat my vote for Frank Mason III with the later picks, how is he not coveted when he handles the ball like a demon and shoots above 45% from 3pt land?

I get he's older but we don't need any more 19 year olds!

I like Mason. He would be a solid second round pick at PG. Or Marcus Keene. I really like him as well.

Kennard would be a good pick for Jazz at #30. He should be gone by the early 2nd rd if not sooner.

At 30 I think I'm probably on board. I've soured on him a bit since his two awful performances in the tourney. Dude got absolutely locked up by Thornwell.

If Frank Jackson, De'Anthony Melton, Donovan Mitchell and Andrew Jones pull out of this draft effectively a whole tier of PG's will vanish from the talent pool and all the next tiers of PG's will be bumped up accordingly.

Jalen Adams is an under the radar, end of the 2nd rd interesting PG. I'd probably take him over Mason if no redflags pop up in his workouts/medical tests. He's 6'2" and considerably more athletic than Tyler Ennis or Trey Burke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYG8j_j84ik

He's clutch. Just a Sophomore but he's an old Sophomore.

Word is Kobi Simmons won't be back at Arizona next year and is hiring an agent. I'd prefer him over Frank Mason. He's really an exceptional athlete to grab late in the 2nd, he's raw but young and talented, send em to the d-league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1U2lDUopig

6'5" CG with a 6'5" wingspan and explosive.

@EvanDaniels
Source: Arizona big man Chance Comanche will test the NBA waters, but won't initially sign with an agent.
7:02 PM - 5 Apr 2017 · Tualatin, OR

Keane is a sleeper pick considering his scoring ability

Blossomgame is so frustrating. I can seem to figure out why his 3pt % dropped so poorly. It is almost like his ego took over and he started taking bad shots again.

Kennard would be interesting with the 30th pick. Not sure I would take him sooner.

PJ Dozier is still a pick I like. Especially if the all those pg pull out.

Having now watched some videos of Wagner he is very interesting. He is pretty mobile for a 6-10 he also plays with emotion which Lyles doesn't.

Ike would be a nice project pick as a future good bench player.

Hartenstein would be an amazing draft if the jazz could get him but he is late teens now.

I say don't sleep on Jeanne either. He could create a nightmare front line with Rudy. He reminds me a lot of Rudy at this stage (less defense more offense version) I just don't know if he has Rudy's work ethic to become like him. I keep telling myself that Rudy can rub off on him.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

You guys talk at all about Dwayne Bacon from FSU? The Jazz could use a tough, quick athlete like that with a shooting stroke.

Is he expected to go in the 2nd rd?

https://www.nba.com/da-big-board-shooting-guards-2017-draft

excellent read lots of indepth stuff and takes from scouts.

“He has great bounce, he’s skinny as hell, but he’s playing in (bleeping) Australia,” a Southeast Division executive said. “I heard Dante Exum was a point guard. No, he’s not. He has no left hand. He’s not a great shooter by any stretch of the imagination, and he’s not a creative player as a point guard. He was a perfect concoction of the trends of the day -- he was young, he was long, he had some athleticism, and he was the mystery man that nobody wanted to miss on. And now, he’s a backup on a team (Utah) that’s good. And they’re good. But they’re not good because of him.”

Damn, that executive really tore down Exum.