What's new

Following potential 2017 draftees...

With the 1st Pick in the 2017 NBA draft, The Utah Jazz (via GSW) Select...

Thon Maker - University of Utah

Thon-Maker-2016_390_550_imagesvwatermark-sml.png_300_200_30_r_b_-11_-11_rot270_550_390_061df1133d2dcfac_rot90.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SD0PMUEEC4

I think he will reclassify, could probably get drafted in 2016.

Attention Dalamon

Who to watch - Jamal Murray

TORE UP the Nike Hoops Summit as an underclassman to everyone else on the court. He's sensational.
Don't hate him because he's Canadian.

This is from a year ago when he was a sophomore in HS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12g8OQfLs4Q

This past game with 30pts and 5asts. Still only a junior in HS. (!)

TORE UP the Nike Hoops Summit as an underclassman to everyone else on the court. He's sensational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12g8OQfLs4Q

Man. Talk about Canada and basketball these days. Sheesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Junior in HS story is only semi true. He's 18 years old right now(February 97 is bdate). So if he were to be in the '17 draft class, he's be 20 years old and change.

BUT he is Canadian. And he's not going to school in the USA as far as my quick research revealed. So basically the 1 year removed from high school rule shouldn't count for him and he should be able to use the 19 year age limit like other international prospects and declare in 2016. This Hoop Summit performance and practices should be enough for scouts to spend a top20 pick on him. It worked for Dante this way...

lol i will be eligible in 2017 draft

draft berk tunc from istanbul turkey

6'5 pf
undersized
slow
poor ball handling
poor athletiicsm
Tenacious rebounder and rebound leader of his age in hic competition

Sent from the JazzFanz app

what changed in one year;
6'6
good muscle
pure hustle
rebounding well
no athleticsm
no vertical
but i am sure my legs are stronger than karl towns'

draft me

The Junior in HS story is only semi true. He's 18 years old right now(February 97 is bdate). So if he were to be in the '17 draft class, he's be 20 years old and change.

BUT he is Canadian. And he's not going to school in the USA as far as my quick research revealed. So basically the 1 year removed from high school rule shouldn't count for him and he should be able to use the 19 year age limit like other international prospects and declare in 2016. This Hoop Summit performance and practices should be enough for scouts to spend a top20 pick on him. It worked for Dante this way...

No it isn't. It's 100% true.

Well age wise he isn't your usual junior. he's one year older than others. And I read something about him considering reclassifying. That way he'd be draft eligible in 2016.

That's more like it. Way better verbiage than saying what I said was semi-true.
/slander

That's more like it. Way better verbiage than saying what I said was semi-true.
/slander

Yes. I just thought the emphasis that he's a Junior when he's in fact the same age as all the seniors that didnt flunk classes...(not saying he did)

Thoughts on Ayton from the '17 class ('18 draft)?

I've been following him for years, I remember when he was ranked like 8th or 14th or something dumb like that. Back then I thought he looked like a young Patrick Ewing, there's obvious star power.

He'd dominate in college right now IMO, and it should be near-impossible to knock from that top spot. I wouldn't be surprised if he led the NBA in rebounding eventually, nowadays he looks like a young David Robinson and could play PF easily. Phenomenal instincts. He's basically going to set up shop, and opponents will have to deal with him and not the other way around. He can legitimately face-up quick and concisely. Plus all this time he has until college will have him polished vs double teams.

That class HS 2017 looks LOADED with bigs. I really like Jarred Vanderbilt, Wendell Carter, Mohammad Bamba and Zach Brown's chances to be impact players too. I suspect 2017 and 2018 are both exceptionally strong classes. Which Is a reason Im glad to be a Jazz fan because I'd bet my local teams, the Knicks and Nets will still be tanking for these kids.

I've been following him for years, I remember when he was ranked like 8th or 14th or something dumb like that. Back then I thought he looked like a young Patrick Ewing, there's obvious star power.

He'd dominate in college right now IMO, and it should be near-impossible to knock from that top spot. I wouldn't be surprised if he led the NBA in rebounding eventually, nowadays he looks like a young David Robinson and could play PF easily. Phenomenal instincts. He's basically going to set up shop, and opponents will have to deal with him and not the other way around. He can legitimately face-up quick and concisely. Plus all this time he has until college will have him polished vs double teams.

That class HS 2017 looks LOADED with bigs. I really like Jarred Vanderbilt, Wendell Carter, Mohammad Bamba and Zach Brown's chances to be impact players too. I suspect 2017 and 2018 are both exceptionally strong classes. Which Is a reason Im glad to be a Jazz fan because I'd bet my local teams, the Knicks and Nets will still be tanking for these kids.
Thanks. I agree with everything you said.

A scout (recruiting/ranking services not NBA) told me Ayton is the best kid in HS right now regardless of class. That's high praise.

Thanks. I agree with everything you said.

A scout (recruiting/ranking services not NBA) told me Ayton is the best kid in HS right now regardless of class. That's high praise.

Honestly think he's neck and neck with Bagley. I can't really argue with Ayton being #1 though, he's the safest pick.

Ayton has the more imposing frame, figures to grab more boards and blocks - he's a classic can't-miss bigman. Bagley seems like the prototype PF the NBA is moving towards and like Ayton, will be polished vs constant double teams. Bagley really flashes some extreme skill and versatility, dude's got a step-back jumper that's filthy and he's an adept passer that can handle on the break. His wingspan isn't super elite but his lateral quickness and overall explosion/anticipation are, plus he's obviously still growing. I'm presuming he sharpens his ball skills, shooting and passing to end up a triple-threat nightmare. That's what it'd take to put him in the same class with Ayton, I dont think its all that far-fetched though.

I wouldn't dismiss 2019 Center, Chol Marial from this discussion. I've seen enough giants over the years to know that kid is very far removed from the norm. I'm expecting those initial Thon Maker type of reviews, jam-packed with superlatives, once these services start really publishing their initial notes on 2019.

Also, while im speculating, lemme get one share of Jaedon LeDee in c/o 2018. who I have a pretty good feeling will end up special, he reminds me of Tyreke Evans right now.

Peeks I've gotta ask. What do you make of Jonathan Isaac from the Bronx?? He seems to fit the mold of the Elite SF thats escaped Coach Cal.

I didn't know much about him til just a few months ago but he seemed legit and primed for 5 stars. Now these services continue to confirm this tailwind momentum.

Is there any chance he could usurp Tatum or Jackson ??

Peeks I've gotta ask. What do you make of Jonathan Isaac from the Bronx?? He seems to fit the mold of the Elite SF thats escaped Coach Cal.

I didn't know much about him til just a few months ago but he seemed legit and primed for 5 stars. Now these services continue to confirm this tailwind momentum.

Is there any chance he could usurp Tatum or Jackson ??

Love Isaac. I don't see him overtaking Tatum (even though Tatum will be a dukie).. but I like him a lot.