What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

JJ Jr is my guy as well, but I have a sick feeling he's going to move up out of Utah's range. This team has been screwed over by injuries for so long, it's about time those bitches worked in our favor for once.

Haven't watched as much as I'd liked to, but I watched a bit of Kevin Knox. I've heard people comparing him to Tobias Harris, but I'm not seeing it. Does he remind anyone else of Justin Jackson (UNC)? Shaky jumper, but has all the moves (pull up, step back, etc) that don't quite translate into scores. Can both stop on a dime with a great floater game but tend to settle for jumpers. Knox is obviously younger and has a better frame though.
Kyle Kuzma...? KK 2.0

Knox is just raw. I dont think people realize how hard playing the 4 is in the NBA. There are a lot of fundamental things you have to be able to do (like boxing out, making weakside rotations, guarding up and down positions). I think the transition is harder for Freshman who are 3/4 tweeners, especially if they arent playing it in college (a lot of college teams, like Kentucky, still opt to play big lineups).

Im not really a fan of Knox.

I still like Knox. I think his shooting will be there sooner rather than later. I think he'll go lottery, but if the Jazz can get in the top 9 or 10, I don't think Knox is a priority. Knox will be a good player, but his chance of being an out-and-out star isn't that high unless he really learns to attack the rim. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander seems to be UK's best player right now.

BTW, a do-it-all guard like Gilgeous-Alexander would fit very well next to Mitchell. He can play on or off the ball, guard wings, score inside and out, finish at the rim, and make the right play in almost any situation without stopping ball movement. He's got some George Hill appeal. He'd actually fit better than a 2-guard like Walker.

Last edited:
Yep. Jaren Jackson Jr. has a very strong argument for being in the top 5. If Porter Jr.'s medicals are hazy, it's going to be hard for a GM not to take Jackson Jr. A team that's committed to their PG might also take JJJ ahead of Young.
I could honestly see MPJ falling out of the top 5. Ayton, Bagley, and Doncic will 100% be selected ahead of him; Young, Bamba, and JJJ all have a legit shot to go ahead of him too.

Come on, DL, get this team to lose and we might be lucky enough to land MPJ.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

With MPjr, a lot will depend on his health. If he's healthy he could go #1 as he wows teams with his length, athleticism and shooting in solo workouts, while teams can't pick out his warts like with the others who are playing the season.

With MPjr, a lot will depend on his health. If he's healthy he could go #1 as he wows teams with his length, athleticism and shooting in solo workouts, while teams can't pick out his warts like with the others who are playing the season.
He can't go #1 lmao. I really think the only person who *could* go over Doncic is Ayton. Anyone else doesnt have a chance.

Knox is just raw. I dont think people realize how hard playing the 4 is in the NBA. There are a lot of fundamental things you have to be able to do (like boxing out, making weakside rotations, guarding up and down positions). I think the transition is harder for Freshman who are 3/4 tweeners, especially if they arent playing it in college (a lot of college teams, like Kentucky, still opt to play big lineups).

Im not really a fan of Knox.

I’m out on Knox too. Seems like the kind of guy that could be good but will take too long to get there. I think I’d rather have him on his second contract rather than his first.

Hoping we are high enough in the lotto to get one of the bridges in the worst case scenario. I prefer Mikal by a lot but would settle on Miles.

Michael Porter Jr can go #1, he's gonna be the heavy favorite to win ROY too.... A team like the Kings could do it.. He's not gonna be out of commission til the draft.. questions about his health will be answered by then.

I still standby saying that MP Jr is better than Jayson Tatum... Who was obviously good enough to go #1...

I'd be okay with either Bridges. But yeah, I wouldn't have Knox in my top 10, nor do I expect the Jazz to land outside the top 10, so he's pretty irrelevant to me.

Michael Porter Jr can go #1.... A team like the Kings could do it..
Yep. The NBA loves athleticism and length. Not to mention shooting, which he'll look good doing in an empty gym. Just takes one team to get enamored with what he brings in a workout.

Yep. The NBA loves athleticism and length. Not to mention shooting, which he'll look good doing in an empty gym. Just takes one team to get enamored with what he brings in a workout.

Even more than all that, the NBA loves '1st option scorers' and thats what Porter Jr is, IN SPECTACULAR FASHION, and why he could go #1 easily... and why he's gonna be the favorite to win ROY..

Michael Porter Jr is a way better prospect than Donovan Mitchell... if he lands in Utah Mitchell will almost immediately be displaced to 2nd gun to Porter Jr..

People here trying to marginalize his talent are talking way out of their depth...

Those marginalize -rs are quick to forget that when MP Jr and Trae Young played together MP Jr was so dominant that Trae Young's talent was often marginalized as a consequence...

Michael Porter Jr can go #1, he's gonna be the heavy favorite to win ROY too.... A team like the Kings could do it.. He's not gonna be out of commission til the draft.. questions about his health will be answered by then.

I still standby saying that MP Jr is better than Jayson Tatum... Who was obviously good enough to go #1...
I like him better than Tatum and Ingram. But I do think the injury makes him a risk, and most GMs will opt to take other high-potential prospects who aren't as risky (Ayton, Bagley, etc.)