What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Anyone watch Killian Tillie play? Curious

He's not Lauri Markkanen but I think he might be similarly safe to draft over whatever the consensus ends up.. If y'all remember Lauri was projected around 8 which led to many people categorizing him as a top-10 talent, i was staunch his talent level ws in the top-5.

to me he's sorta like what I'd describe as a Nuggets type of big guy, the ones they have now.... I find his game to be extremely entertaining to watch, he is very good at the game of basketball..

I have a sneaking suspicion that if the Jazz trade into the late first or early second round, they'll take Moritz Wagner from Michigan to be our stretchy 4/5, basically our poor man's version of Lauri Markkanen. He doesn't really rim-protect, and I'd like to see him average another rebound or two, but he should be a legit stretch shooter with some versatility off the close-out, if that's something the Jazz want.

He's over 6'11.5" in shoes, has a 9-ft standing reach and 7-foot wingspan. If we picked him up, he'd likely play back-up minutes at both the 4 and 5, with some minutes next to Gobert at the 4. That would leave room to add another starter at the 4.

Last edited:
D'Marcus Simonds and Georgia State on ESPN2 tonight. He's probably gonna try to drop 40... 39 in the last game..

Considered one of the great mid-major prospects in the Nation... 6'3" PG...

If the doomsday news of the recent findings on college basketball corruption are true, could this draft be the deepest 2nd round in draft history? If a lot of programs go under w/ sanctions/fines/players being suspended, wouldnt more of the typical bubble draft (the guys who are 2nd round picks w/ potential to be first rounders in coming years) declare for the draft?

Is Anthony Lawrence Jr. for University of Miami a 2nd round prospect? Heard him mentioned on the Ringer's draft podcast.

Is Anthony Lawrence Jr. for University of Miami a 2nd round prospect? Heard him mentioned on the Ringer's draft podcast.

Yep. As I said when I first returned there is quite clearly this back-log building with the SF's and it's gonna push talent back to the 20-40 range and then ofc there will be further trickledown from 40 all the way to undrafted...

Matisse Thybulle should get more love here.. I used to compare him to Raja Bell and there's something to that comp... He averages 3 steals a game and 1.4 blocks and he's like 6'5 or 6'6....

He dropped 19 on Kansas in that upset. 5 3's. He is a prototypical 3'n'D.. Very nice value in the 2nd...

Even thru all the "Fultz has no one on his team" comments, I used to always say this kid Thybulle has a chance, and he's shown extremely well all season.

Caught Oklahoma vs Texas. Young was quiet even with the scoring, shot clearly off. They don't do enough things off ball to get him open. Everything about their offense still runs through him though. Bamba looked great - dominated the glass, intimidated Oklahoma from going at the rim, and defended well enough in space.

As far as Killian Tillie goes I have watched a lot of Gonzaga this year. Here are a few things I have noticed watching him

- He will should have a reliable 3 pt shot in the NBA
- He will have a great pump fake 1 dribble and 2 steps to the basket drive. He strides like Gobert. this should be his bread and butter play but he will need to make sure that team respect his 3 point shot.
- Needs to add strength in his legs if he wants to rebound and play solid defense.
- He has a lot of room for growth but at times he looks like joe ingles out there

I have a sneaking suspicion that if the Jazz trade into the late first or early second round, they'll take Moritz Wagner from Michigan to be our stretchy 4/5, basically our poor man's version of Lauri Markkanen. He doesn't really rim-protect, and I'd like to see him average another rebound or two, but he should be a legit stretch shooter with some versatility off the close-out, if that's something the Jazz want.

He's over 6'11.5" in shoes, has a 9-ft standing reach and 7-foot wingspan. If we picked him up, he'd likely play back-up minutes at both the 4 and 5, with some minutes next to Gobert at the 4. That would leave room to add another starter at the 4.

I really wanted to like Mo Wagner. He Idealizes Dirk Nowitzki and tries to pattern his game after him but he just doesnt care on defense. He puts all his effort into offense.

Vanderbilt looks really weird... Is he still injured or is his footwork just not advanced at all?

I think it is interesting all these people that are so up for draft bigs, 5s/4s or 4s/5s. I think there might be a good chance the Jazz re-sign Favors and we already have a project in Bradley that the Jazz made a move up the draft 2 draft him. Actually traded away 2 players i really liked (Hart and Bryant). I am with Cy on this one that the best player or players to fill in at the 3 would be a 3/4 or a 4/3 some one like Kurucs, Alize Johnson, Justin Jackson types.

This is an NBA of position less basketball and the Jazz need more versatile players. Of course I will always say BPA but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I want to like Gary Trent Jr but he just seems slow footed and his shot is slow. I worry about him getting it off against bigger faster defenders in the NBA.

I wish Bruce Brons shot didn't betray him this year because him and Mitchell would have been a devastating tandem in the back court with their defense

After the lotto this year there seems to be a lot of fluctuation in projections on when guys go. Think some good players could be up for grabs in the early 2nd.

Tremont Waters gets my Tyler Ulis award this season, They different but I'm telling ya for sure --- this kid has too much skill and heart to be denied... Whatever hurdles they put in front of him, he's gonna clear em with ease..

That kid is a proper sharpshooter, rich mans Eddie House... Marksman, whatever u want to call it, Eagle Eye.... and he's a demon off the ball, he's actually on some Rip Hamilton **** off the ball --its that serious.........

Cassius Winston gets honorable mention too tho... MSU's PG is WAY underrated,, how does such a ****ing thing happen? LOL, obviously thats rhetorical and I coud explain it in depth but I'll spare ya's.....

Sometimes Izzo says nothing in the huddle and Winston tells everyone what to do, it's glorious actually....

Surely JJJ has been mentioned here 100x, has Winston ever been ?? He's sorta like a Monte Morris type, super efficient.

Last edited:
After the lotto this year there seems to be a lot of fluctuation in projections on when guys go. Think some good players could be up for grabs in the early 2nd.

Oh this 2nd rd is gonna be loaded, especially with SF's..... This was actually signed sealed and delivered once the withdrawals from the 2017 draft were finalized.