What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Feel like Miles Bridges could either climb up into the top 6-7 or fall as far as 17-18 with a bad showing at workouts.

I really don’t like him as a player. And I’m a Sparty fan.

Would 21, Bradley and Burks’ expiring be enough to get a crappy contract with two years left and move up to say 11 to get Mikal Bridges?

I know the thought is to keep money available for 2019 but if we can get Bridges, I don’t know.

Too lazy to search but am I an idiot for liking Hutchison for us?

I really like Hutchinson also. I think his 3 pt shooting will translate and that is always needed in the NBA. My biggest concern with him is will he be able to play good enough defense at the next level?

Would 21, Bradley and Burks’ expiring be enough to get a crappy contract with two years left and move up to say 11 to get Mikal Bridges?

I know the thought is to keep money available for 2019 but if we can get Bridges, I don’t know.

I have never understood the "let's keep are space until 2019" if an opportunity to presents itself to make your team better you do it.

AS for moving up to #11 it would come down to who is there and other factors. After the lottery we will have a better understanding of the possibilities.

Its enough to get into the lottery but it wont happen. That type of move is far more risky than you realize. After spending all these 1st rd picks to find a pg they will either draft development projects or a Keita Bates Diop type of player who can vie for a rotation spot with little prep time.

They like Ingles and Mitchell -why would they trade up for a swingman...

Its enough to get into the lottery but it wont happen. That type of move is far more risky than you realize. After spending all these 1st rd picks to find a pg they will either draft development projects or a Keita Bates Diop type of player who can vie for a rotation spot with little prep time.

Now if the Jazz became enamored with Wendall Carter or a Kevin Knox maybe

Now if the Jazz became enamored with Wendall Carter or a Kevin Knox maybe

Wendell Carter Jr remains the ultimate trade up target for Utah. He can start at PF from day 1 and post a ton of double-doubles as a rookie, he can also stretch the floor better than Favors and will save a ton of $$$/capspace.

U'd never hear Karl Malone give a greater vote of confidence to a rookie big either it'd take one workout and ud get a rave, jaw-dropping type of review.He'd probably say something along the lines of Icant believe how far along he is at that age. Wendell's damn strong he couldve been in the league this szn ez., he's smart with a great personality too, he's very hard on himself and supremely focused

Last edited:
I think they need more fire power at the 4.

Anfernee Simmons IMO compares to Sweet Lou Williams, except he's 2" taller and jumps higher. His middle-name might as well be firepower. He works in all combinations with their guards. Simmons has game-breaker potential - he's a "microwave" player who can get scorching hot in a second and can remain "in the zone" for long stetches. The longterm rammifications of grabbing him in the 20's could be truly awesome and eventually pay huge dividends. It could only take a year or two and fans will say' how did he fall so far, and why did my team pass on him!'

Last edited:

Because Bridges has great length to play the 4 that Ingles doesn’t have. He very well could be the 3/4 combo we sorely need.

Reading Simons is very close to Mitchell too. Damn.

I’d be really interested in trying to trade our 2nd and something else to move back into the 1st so we have two 1sts.

Simons was committed to Louisville....He was their highest rated recruit in a LONG time.. Pimpin Pitino and his team of ho's recruited him to sit on the throne Donovan Mitchell vacated, he was next in line to be their lead guard, those shoes were far to big for any of their guards to fill this past szn but Anfernee Simons wouldve hit the ground running in a full sprint. His offensive repitoire is far too potent/advanced to blend in in college.
Reading Simons is very close to Mitchell too. Damn.

I’d be really interested in trying to trade our 2nd and something else to move back into the 1st so we have two 1sts.

Last edited:
Because Bridges has great length to play the 4 that Ingles doesn’t have. He very well could be the 3/4 combo we sorely need.
Im not crazy about this idea but vs certain lineups it'd work great. Ive compared him to Shawn Marion since last szn, sounds like you think so too.

To justify the cost of the trade up he would need to play SOME 4

I wish Wilkes were a more explosive athlete, but he's a confident volume shooter/scorer as a 6'8" freshman. He'd replace much of what Hood gave us, both good and bad.

Conventional wisdom agrees with you, though the Jazz played Thabo some at the 4.

I think there are 3 trains of thought on how to build a winning team

Do what the best team is doing. this means small ball and lots of 3 pointers. The problem is I don't think you can beat GSW playing their style of basketball

counter what the best team is doing. Develop length to stop their shooters

Create you own game plan and make people adjust to you.