What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Curious listening to DL on the radio on my way home from work today they things that he said the Jazz need to address in the off season. (This is not an inclusive list as I was driving)

Defense when Rudy is on the bench. Curious as Udoh and Bradley are his back ups.
Ball handling especially turnovers. Now a lot of this can be done internally
Depth for potential injuries. Staing that sprained ankles are gunna happen.
Importance of bringing back and coming to terms with him earlier rather then later
Getting more scoring

Now some of those every team needs and are just fluff but the one that stuck out the most to me is the Rudy one because it specific. I wonder if they are not huge fans of what Bradley brings to the table defensively. Udoh tyo me seemed like he was great defensively but never saw playing time in the playoffs. I was also curious because Favors seems to have been the primary back up maybe he is out the door.

Not a lot of players that I see that could be impact full in the 21 slot

Mitchell Robinson seems the best option
Chimezie Metu maybe
Jontay Porter
Austin Wiley i like a lot
Sagaba Konate

any way it was curious

Curious listening to DL on the radio on my way home from work today they things that he said the Jazz need to address in the off season. (This is not an inclusive list as I was driving)

Defense when Rudy is on the bench. Curious as Udoh and Bradley are his back ups.
Importance of bringing back and coming to terms with him earlier rather then later
Getting more scoring

Now some of those every team needs and are just fluff but the one that stuck out the most to me is the Rudy one because it specific. I wonder if they are not huge fans of what Bradley brings to the table defensively. Udoh tyo me seemed like he was great defensively but never saw playing time in the playoffs. I was also curious because Favors seems to have been the primary back up maybe he is out the door.

Chimezie Metu maybe
Jontay Porter
Sagaba Konate

any way it was curious

Interesting note but trying to fill needs with rookies is a bad idea. I think Bradley is fine but is young and young bigs generally aren’t defenders.

We draft bpa... get a guy like Evans and I think he can handle spot minutes if there are injuries and fills a lot of long term holes (like Ingles getting old) if he develops.

One thing I’ve considered is if we think Favs walks we could use our unguaranteed guys to take on Tyson chandler or Marvin gortat and get draft assets for doing so. Could also swap AB for Lopez or just keep Udoh... he lacks heft in some matchups but is great on the perimeter while providing rim protection.

I am going to give Gilles de reis (or what ever) for bring him up before (along with the other 100 players) but I like what I am seeing. He kind of has a Draymon Green type of attitude out there. He has some range on his jump shot but in no way is he a stretch anything but man he swallows up shots at the rim. He is already built like a tank. The question is; is he a first round pick or an early second?

Interesting note but trying to fill needs with rookies is a bad idea. I think Bradley is fine but is young and young bigs generally aren’t defenders.

We draft bpa... get a guy like Evans and I think he can handle spot minutes if there are injuries and fills a lot of long term holes (like Ingles getting old) if he develops.

One thing I’ve considered is if we think Favs walks we could use our unguaranteed guys to take on Tyson chandler or Marvin gortat and get draft assets for doing so. Could also swap AB for Lopez or just keep Udoh... he lacks heft in some matchups but is great on the perimeter while providing rim protection.

I was just saying what I heard the rest is speculation. I do like the Mitchell Robinson idea as he has a ton of potential. there where a lot of other options but personally I got the idea DL is not enamored with this draft and our position. He says they got lucky with the draft and Mitchell they had no idea he would be this good so quickly. He mentioned the luck of draft Rudy late in the first round and he said jokingly "Didn't i mention that walt perrin is running the draft this year."

I still like my guy Justin Jackson and think he is the perfect fit on this team.

Konate profiles as a player who could go in the top 40 picks, he's got more polish offensively than you might realize after a quick glance. He's got a good back to the basket game and pretty good touch. He's young compared to his class iirc too.

That is my thinking to just stating what I heard from DL on the radio. I found the comment odd

U are onto something with Austin Wiley too. He'd be a good project to develop, eventually has major "who the hell is that guy" power he reminds me of Jeremy Tyler but bigger and tougher, he's younger than most of these freshman too..

Upgrading defense when Rudy is on the bench doesn't necessarily mean they are looking to upgrade at backup center. It could just mean upgrading as a collective group defensively when Rudy is not on the floor. Which means defense will be a priority which is isn't surprising because it's been a priority ever since DL and Quin got here.

Upgrading defense when Rudy is on the bench doesn't necessarily mean they are looking to upgrade at backup center. It could just mean upgrading as a collective group defensively when Rudy is not on the floor. Which means defense will be a priority which is isn't surprising because it's been a priority ever since DL and Quin got here.
Good thoughts. Maybe the defense changes a bit because they don't have their rim protector. If Favs doesn't return, maybe they do need a vet center as a backup. Udoh was a fun experiment, but he's worthless on offense. And Bradley is likely another year, maybe two away. He was drafted as a project, so no expectations of him being ready for rotation mins next year.

Getting more scoring

Chimezie Metu maybe
Jontay Porter
Sagaba Konate

any way it was curious
Robinson or Porter the only 2 on this list I like. Wiley to much of a stiff and missed out on the year. I like Metu but not as a defensive player. He going be an offensive spark plug. Could see him as a Taj Gibson like. Hasn't around the league way longer then anyone thought

I was just saying what I heard the rest is speculation. I do like the Mitchell Robinson idea as he has a ton of potential. there where a lot of other options but personally I got the idea DL is not enamored with this draft and our position. He says they got lucky with the draft and Mitchell they had no idea he would be this good so quickly. He mentioned the luck of draft Rudy late in the first round and he said jokingly "Didn't i mention that walt perrin is running the draft this year."

I still like my guy Justin Jackson and think he is the perfect fit on this team.

He is an undersized 4 man. Can't play the 3. He is a 4 and 5 at best. Should of went backh to school.