What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

If Simmons really develops i think he could start at PG. He reminds me of Jeff Teague but more like Lou Williams.

You mean Anfernee Simons right? He's a bit bigger than Teague and Sweet Lou (who list at 6'2" or 6'3"). He's thin and lacks strength, but his scoring instincts, versatility and explosiveness with the ball remind me of a young Jamal Crawford when he entered the league with the Bulls. If Simons can really be a combo who sets other guys up and doesn't just hunt shots, he stands out as a prospect in our range. Upside could be real.

I like him. Definitely one of the best shooters in the draft and does enough else well were you think he has a shot of sticking in the NBA. Last summer he measured 6'6 in shoes with a 6.75 wingspan. He seems bigger than that though. Definitely not inspiring measurements.

Hah!

I see you're commenting on the thread where I heard about him on twitter.

I like Kaiser. He has some really out there takes, but he has some good info too.

You mean Anfernee Simons right? He's a bit bigger than Teague and Sweet Lou (who list at 6'2" or 6'3"). He's thin and lacks strength, but his scoring instincts, versatility and explosiveness with the ball remind me of a young Jamal Crawford when he entered the league with the Bulls. If Simons can really be a combo who sets other guys up and doesn't just hunt shots, he stands out as a prospect in our range. Upside could be real.

Lou Will's 6'1 he was super skinny when he entered the league straight out of HS, thats part of why he was a2nd rd pick and he's still like 175 lbs.

Simons has a chance to grow also as she turns 19 just before the draft

If he keeps growing and developing, without losing his speed, he could be amazing. A 6'7" version of Anfernee Simons could be real trouble.

Last edited:
Anybody got an opinion on Dzanan Musa?

I've seen him play a fullgame like 10x the past few years and he ALWAYS puts up LeBron 25-7-7 like statlines. He's put ina lot of work in the weight room and improved his posture. Good kid, plays the game the right way, with fire in his eyes. I think he can play some SG at 6'8.

He's far and away the best wing prospect bosnia has ever produced.

I've seen him play a fullgame like 10x the past few years and he ALWAYS puts up LeBron 25-7-7 like statlines. He's put ina lot of work in the weight room and improved his posture. Good kid, plays the game the right way, with fire in his eyes. I think he can play some SG at 6'8.

He's far and away the best wing prospect bosnia has ever produced.

Is his shot as good as advertised?

Is his shot as good as advertised?
I like his shot selection and most everything he does on offense is done with a confidence beyond his years. Reports on his shooting from workouts could definitely affect his percieved value, definitely worth keeping an eye on in the coming months, he'll be fine though. He's got the type of game thats suited for all settings, he's a natural leader.

The $64,000 question with Musa and Utah is can he play some SG, cuz if he's just a SF they'll pass IMO, could be seen as redundant with Ingles.

Stacking 6'8 white dudes with avg wingspans at SF In todays western conference doesn't seem like a recipie for success IMHO.

I hope they bundle a few picks and other assets and pull in a proven player. I hope we don't just settle for a draft pick this year.

The $64,000 question with Musa and Utah is can he play some SG, cuz if he's just a SF they'll pass IMO, could be seen as redundant with Ingles.

Stacking 6'8 white dudes with avg wingspans at SF In todays western conference doesn't seem like a recipie for success IMHO.

Ingles has a long wingspan but yeah I don’t want too many white guys. Kidding.

I like Musa but not sure how well he will fill out. He seems like a mature hard worker and if he’s there at 21 I’d be super happy with him. Ingles may get old some day and we may be drafting his eventual replacement.

I'm just wondering about bpa when the jazz pick. Another guy off the bench who can hit shots and plays w fire might be bpa.
Thanks for the feedback.

I worry a bit about Musa's ability to handle the physicality of the NBA game. He's a very slight build and could get a bit overwhelmed, reminds me a bit of Furkan Korkmaz. If he'll hold up he could be really good as a mobile, crafty shooter who comes off screens and curls like Klay Thompson does.

I worry a bit about Musa's ability to handle the physicality of the NBA game. He's a very slight build and could get a bit overwhelmed, reminds me a bit of Furkan Korkmaz. If he'll hold up he could be really good as a mobile, crafty shooter who comes off screens and curls like Klay Thompson does.
Nah, Musa is a legitimate on-ball threat. He isnt like Korkmaz or Thompson. He is more like Rodney Hood, but with much better athleticism. A lot of Hood's weaknesses stemmed from his inability to attack the basket in a variety of ways. Musa has a bigger set of moves.

But yeah, Musa's weakness is his body.