What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Yes, his last season in college.

K... his first season he was 32.4%... Troy was 29%... I get it mechanics are better. Was just really commenting on the comparison and PGAB saying they aren't good comps cuz Middleton was "lights out".

Your math is flawed and reliant on small sample sizes which are far more volatile than you seem to realize, ask lonzo ball. Post some khris middkleton college highlights u will see him splashing in 3's, he was playing out of position there too.

It's not "my math"... its math. He shot 32% from three 75% from the line his freshmen year... Brown was 29% and 74%

I understand sample sizes

I’d be fine with Troy Brown at #21. I’ve got guys I like better, but if they’re off the board it’s a decent roll of the dice.

I’m a big fan of Anfernee Simons. The more I look at the kid, the more I like him. I think he could be a major swing for the fences pick. I’m not sure what his range is though.

Warming up to the idea of swapping the non-guaranteed guys for a move up to get a guy DL wants. Start with Denver at #14 (Farried), Washington at #15 (Gortat), Phoenix at #16 (Chandler) and finally Milwaukee at #17 (Dellavedova) and hope that you can get a guy you covet.

If u watched khris middleton shoot in college it was pure coming out of his hand with nice arc and tight rotation, Troy Brown's 3 is not that far along

Troy Brown's role and stats at Ore. are similar to Jaylen Brown's at Cal. (Same conference) Both were 29% 3-pt shooters that need a year or two to improve. Jaylen is the better athlete, but Troy can do more with the ball in his hands.

Troy Brown's ceiling would be as a point forward in the mold of a Paul Pierce, imo.

You guys are right... other than having a similar physical profile, similar numbers their freshmen year, and other reputable sites (like the ringer) listing Middleton as a comp they are nothing alike guys... their misses are so different that it is one of the worst comps ever...

Troy Brown's role and stats at Ore. are similar to Jaylen Brown's at Cal. (Same conference) Both were 29% 3-pt shooters that need a year or two to improve. Jaylen is the better athlete, but Troy can do more with the ball in his hands.

If Troy has a similar mental makeup and work ethic as Jaylen I'm all in.

I think Troy goes before we pick. I want him, Evans, Musa, Bates-Diop of the guys mocked around where we are picking.

Would love to get a pick in the 30s to get my guy Donte.

Shake Milton's lack of burst and inability to change speeds with the ball make him look like a 2nd-round prospect. Not sure how much he can improve on these things.

I have several guys pegged ahead of him.

Comps are tough in general. Middleton was the better shooter... Brown a better passer. I think there are similarities there though.
Yeah, but every Ringer comp feels like someone said a prospect's name then 3 guys immediately said the first name that comes to mind and they just stuck with it.

I’d be fine with Troy Brown at #21. I’ve got guys I like better, but if they’re off the board it’s a decent roll of the dice.

I’m a big fan of Anfernee Simons. The more I look at the kid, the more I like him. I think he could be a major swing for the fences pick. I’m not sure what his range is though.

Warming up to the idea of swapping the non-guaranteed guys for a move up to get a guy DL wants. Start with Denver at #14 (Farried), Washington at #15 (Gortat), Phoenix at #16 (Chandler) and finally Milwaukee at #17 (Dellavedova) and hope that you can get a guy you covet.

I could see the Jazz facilitating a sign-and-trade for Favors. Teams like Milwaukee and Washington could use him, but don't have cap space. We'd be doing Favors a solid if it helps get him a better pay day.

Problem is the deal would need to be agreed to by Favors and that discussion can't happen until July 1st. So it probably wouldn't help us in the draft.

Jazz could trade the non-guaranteed deals and take back salary though.

Another mock by Jonathan Wasserman

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-leads-the-pack-after-lottery-results#slide12

Here's the Jazz part:

1. No. 21. Utah Jazz: Keita Bates-Diop (Ohio State, SF/PF, Junior)

Bates-Diop would give the Jazz another versatile combo forward, one who's mature, physical and skilled enough to log minutes right away if Derrick Favors leaves in free agency. At 6'7" and 235 pounds, he averaged 1.9 threes and 8.7 rebounds per game this past season. Utah's coaching staff will try to unlock the defensive potential tied to his size, strength, length and mobility.

So, pre-Combine, the consensus top 5 seem to be: Ayton, Doncic, Jackson, Bamba and Bagley.

The next group of five is probably: Porter, Carter, Sexton, Mikal Bridges and Trae Young (let's say).

The next 5-6 would likely include: Walker, Miles Bridges, Gilgeous-Alexander, Zhaire Smith, and probably Robert Williams and/or Kevin Knox.

So that would put us at 16.

Then the draft seems to flatten out. The next group likely includes: Mitchell Robinson, Troy Brown, Musa, Bates-Diop, Jacob Evans, Jontay Porter, Jerome Robinson, maybe Hutchison, Simons, Okobo and Khyri Thomas.

So that looks to be our group.

I think realistically we're looking at both Robinsons, Porter, Brown and Bates-Diop.

Last edited:
Suns - doncic. I know everyone is saying ayton but can the sun's pass on a player that would already fit their new game plan? Doncic, Booker and Jackson is a great core. They can then offer a Max to capela

Kings - ayton drops into their lap.

Hawks - Jackson is a better pairing with Collins and plays defense.

Griz - what a steal when they get bagley at 4

Mavs - Bamba Dallas has wanted a shot blocking center for a long time.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23515689/2018-nba-draft-combine-help-hurt-their-stock-most

Not locked by espn insider!

High school post-graduate Anfernee Simons declared his intentions to enter the NBA draft back in November, and he has been scouted extensively all season by teams, though perhaps not by GMs. The league initially asked him to compete in the 5-on-5 sessions, but his representation understandably balked at that, as he'd likely be woefully overmatched physically against the many NCAA seniors in attendance.