What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Troy Brown doesn't have the athletic measurements but he's ultra coordinated.

The very first play he attacks the rim....

Just watched the entire video catch posted. Like 70% of that video is him driving into the paint.

Yes, driving into the paint. And then stopping short for some jab step move because he has no ability to attack the rim.

Yes, driving into the paint. And then stopping short for some jab step move because he has no ability to attack the rim.
I really have no idea what you are saying. He gets to the rim often, much more than Huerter, a guy you raved about because of his ability to "attack the rim".

Troy Brown is going to get much, much stronger. Maybe that will help alleviate some of what people are perceiving as awkward finishing?

I really have no idea what you are saying. He gets to the rim often, much more than Huerter, a guy you raved about because of his ability to "attack the rim".

In Brown’s highlights, please note the times he is able to truly lay the ball up or dunk after attacking. Not on a fast break.

If Divincenzo were 6’10” I think he’d make the perfect stretch four for us.

Or maybe Rudy could just shoot like Steph... would solve a lot of problems... they should try that.

Troy Brown would be a good fit with our development staff... he has enough to work with that if they gave him time and he worked hard he could be a really good player/fit. I would be very happy with picking him... though he has some flaws... all of those guys have some.

I think my realistic dream draft consists of us getting a good 3/4 combo forward prospect Troy Brown, KBD, Hutchison (kurucs or Jackson if it is second round) being the most realistic dudes available... and us getting one combo guard prospect (Okobo, Donte, Khyri or Robinson/shamet in the 2nd round). I'd really like that second pick because I think there are some guys with real potential to pop.

Would be happy with Heurter, Okogie, Smith, but see them more as 2s and think long-term that DM is more of a 2-guard than a point... can always play more wing/perimeter guys but would prefer to have guys with more size or ball handling.

I like Evans as a 2/3 with some playmaking ballhandling to operate as a de facto PG at times... like Joe Freakin Ingles.

Not a lot of ways to eff this one up... stay away from Wagner, Simons, and low upside guys like Brunson, Holiday, and Milton (at least in the first round).

I really think we could get the #26 pick for our 2019 pick (lotto protected). Philly has a roster crunch and could create some extra cap space... they have 2-6 international guys that want to come over, #10, #26, 38, & 39. We could also take Justin Anderson if they just want to clear his small salary and gain a roster spot. Could save them 3-4M in cap space between his salary and the caphold for the pick.

They can then go into FA and see if LBJ or PG are interested... if they are then the pick can be used to clear Bayless' salary. If not they have another first rounder.

They have roughly 10 guys under contract that they want to keep... they want to add a free agent or bring back JJ... or both. Add in the picks and they are at 14-15. They have international guys that want to come over and I think if they don't offer them a deal they may have to waive them (not sure on the rule, but I think it is true for first round guys which they have one)... Long and short they likely have to liquidate something and this would help them push the decision down the road a bit without costing much. Someone get Eric Jr. on the phone.

6 times in this video, 4 of them being makes.

Basically every one was a semi-struggle for him. Reminds me of Burke in college in that sense. Nothing was ever easy for him.

That said, I do really like his size, game, iq, and such. A lot. I’d probably rather have other guys at 21. I think offensively, he’ll find things even more difficult in the NBA, and defensively he could get shredded.

Or maybe Rudy could just shoot like Steph... would solve a lot of problems... they should try that.
I liked my idea of a genetic hybrid between Okur and Udoh, with the tenacity of Sloan implanted, as our stretch four.

Basically every one was a semi-struggle for him. Reminds me of Burke in college in that sense. Nothing was ever easy for him.

That said, I do really like his size, game, iq, and such. A lot. I’d probably rather have other guys at 21. I think offensively, he’ll find things even more difficult in the NBA, and defensively he could get shredded.

It's just so hard to judge guys playing college ball... outside of the size for a combo forward I really like that he seems like a smart player. Good assist numbers and seems to know the right things to do on defense (which is a big part of the battle). I think when you put him on an nba court with other smart players and more space that he could thrive. He's a great gamble at 21, but I think he goes late lotto.

I liked my idea of a genetic hybrid between Okur and Udoh, with the tenacity of Sloan implanted, as our stretch four.

Sloan's intensity would make the book club more interesting for sure.

I might be nuts but I still like Spellman for the Jazz. With his skills, if he were 230lbs right now instead of 255lbs where would he be projected? He has already dropped something like 50 lbs. I know some like Cy aren't high on him but I wonder how good he could be with the right development. He shot 43% from 3 which is better than most of his teammates including DD and Brunson. Admittedly I don't know what all the analytics say about him but he has a skill that should translate and who knows what else he could develop. He was a beast during Villanova's run this year.

That said, I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we took Troy Brown at 21.

He interests me at 52. There's likely to be better guys there but as a Favors replacement (sort of)...really long...athletic...defensive presence...and he shows upside with our coaching. Mitchell could speak on him too of course.

Watch 55 seconds, 1:51, 3:00, and 3:38. He also shows a solid move and counter move in there. Quite skinny yes at 215.4 pounds but I think he could get up to 225-230 without losing what makes him good.

Prob better as an undrafted guy doe.