What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Rep for Cy for putting his list out there.

I've only gone out to 15 myself, should go to 30 sometime.

1. Doncic
2. JJJ
3. Young
4. WCJ
5. Mikal
6. Bamba
7. Clark
8. Bagley
9. Ayton
10. MPJ
11. Shamet
12. Evans
13. Hall
14. Brunson
15. Jevon Carter

You have Carter a lot higher than most, but I think once mock drafts start coming out from the plugged in guys, he'll be in that late teens, early 20s range. He might fall because teams are going to gamble on upside, and then he'll fall to a really good team and people will be pissed. Watch him fall to GSW or HOU and become Patrick Beverly or something, people will lose their minds lol.

1. Doncic
2. JJJ
3. Young
4. WCJ
5. Mikal
6. Bamba
7. Clark
8. Bagley
9. Ayton
10. MPJ
11. Shamet
12. Evans
13. Hall
14. Brunson
15. Jevon Carter
You got Devon Hall 13th?

You have Carter a lot higher than most, but I think once mock drafts start coming out from the plugged in guys, he'll be in that late teens, early 20s range. He might fall because teams are going to gamble on upside, and then he'll fall to a really good team and people will be pissed. Watch him fall to GSW or HOU and become Patrick Beverly or something, people will lose their minds lol.

I don't usually buy into hyper competitive being a huge +, but with this guy I kind of see it.

My top 30 would look something like this---

Luka Doncic
Marvin Bagley
Jaren Jackson Jr.
Mo Bamba
Trae Young

Deandre Ayton
Miles Bridges
Michael Porter Jr.
Mitchell Robinson
Wendell Carter

Kevin Knox
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Colin Sexton
Lonnie Walker
Mikal Bridges

Elie Okobo
Robert Williams
Jerome Robinson
Troy Brown Jr.
Kevin Huerter

Zhaire Smith
Melvin Frazier
Keita Bates-Diop
Anfernee Simons
Josh Okogie

Isaac Bonga
Gary Trent Jr.
Donte Divincenzo
Moritz Wagner
Khyri Thomas

Last edited:
So I was just looking through draft rumors and came across the Chandler Hutchison promise rumor again. Kevin O'Connor of the ringer reported that he heard that the promise he had received was from a team in the 18 to 24 range. Woj has said that he heard that the team that made the promise was a team selecting after Utah at 21. If the promise is real and the information those two guys received is accurate then that leaves three possibilities, Chicago at 22, Indiana at 23 and Portland at 24. I don't think it would be Chicago. They have the 7th pick and MPJ or Mikal Bridges are possibilities for them there. With so many options I doubt that they would make promises. The Indiana front office doesn't seem like the promise type. My guess is that it was Portland. They need SF help and they seem like a front office who would make a promise.

I don't have a full big board yet. It's still under construction. But my current top 5 is

1. Deandre Ayton
2. Michael Porter Jr
3. Mohamed Bamba
4. Jaren Jackson Jr
5. Luka Doncic

NOLA is keeping Boogie and Mirotic or just Mirotic. There is no reason to trade him. They have to stay relevant for Davis. Trading Mirotic for a pick won't appease AD.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

So I was just looking through draft rumors and came across the Chandler Hutchison promise rumor again. Kevin O'Connor of the ringer reported that he heard that the promise he had received was from a team in the 18 to 24 range. Woj has said that he heard that the team that made the promise was a team selecting after Utah at 21. If the promise is real and the information those two guys received is accurate then that leaves three possibilities, Chicago at 22, Indiana at 23 and Portland at 24. I don't think it would be Chicago. They have the 7th pick and MPJ or Mikal Bridges are possibilities for them there. With so many options I doubt that they would make promises. The Indiana front office doesn't seem like the promise type. My guess is that it was Portland. They need SF help and they seem like a front office who would make a promise.
Pretty sure he has a pretty good, established relationship with Dame, too, which would lend some more credence to the theory.

Reactions: SCS

I'd be nervous if I was promised in the late 1st like that. What if Portland at 24 gives you a promise, but someone like Lonnie Walker falls to them. Then the teams from 25-30 might not be fans of you and then you're in the second round. I think something like this happened to Isaia Cordinier in 2016 and he fell to 44.

Reactions: SCS

Everyone seems to think Hutchison has a promise from Chicago at 22. Chicago purportedly wants a big who protects the rim with their #7 pick, and they hope at least Wendell Carter is still there.

Draft pundits also seem to think that Mitchell Robinson has a promise from the Lakers at #25. He's been working out in LA for the past couple months.

Everyone seems to think Hutchison has a promise from Chicago at 22. Chicago purportedly wants a big who protects the rim with their #7 pick, and they hope at least Wendell Carter is still there.

It just seems weird to me that it would be Chicago since they have 7 and 22. There are so many possible ways the draft could go for them. What if all the bigs are gone by pick 7 and they are stuck taking a wing like Doncic, MPJ, Bridges or Bridges? Would they really want to have a promise to Hutchison in that scenario? It seems to me like the team that would make a promise would be a team who doesn't have as many options available to them. Portland is up against the tax. They don't have very many tradable assets. I can't see them trading up because of cost and lack of ammo. And I can't see them trading out because a cheap rookie contract is valuable to them. The 24th pick is their only pick in 2018. They seem like they are in a situation where they would key in on a specific target and maybe make a promise. I could be wrong though.

It just seems weird to me that it would be Chicago since they have 7 and 22. There are so many possible ways the draft could go for them. What if all the bigs are gone by pick 7 and they are stuck taking a wing like Doncic, MPJ, Bridges or Bridges? Would they really want to have a promise to Hutchison in that scenario? It seems to me like the team that would make a promise would be a team who doesn't have as many options available to them. Portland is up against the tax. They don't have very many tradable assets. I can't see them trading up because of cost and lack of ammo. And I can't see them trading out because a cheap rookie contract is valuable to them. The 24th pick is their only pick in 2018. They seem like they are in a situation where they would key in on a specific target and maybe make a promise. I could be wrong though.

Uhh, taking two wings is a smart move.

Please name their wing players from last year.

I honestly can't. Paul Zipser is the only one I can think of and he barely played. I believe they played dudes like Denzel Valentine and Justin Holiday a lot. Holiday is good, but with his lack of strength he is more of a guard. Valentine is awful.

They need a lot of wing help. If they could get Hutch and Mikal then that's a fine draft that addresses two needs.

We need another guy who can break opponents down off of the dribble and create his own offense on a consistent basis. DM is really the only guy that we have

He showcases it all in these highlights. He can shoot the three in spot ups or off the dribble. He creates separation with jab steps, hesitations, crossovers. He finishes with creativity around the rim. He shows smooth athleticism and has good size.

@SCS @Eminence

impressive yall just set my draft strategy

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone interested in doing a deal with Denver for #14 and Faried? I think the idea would then be to play Faried as a back-up 5. Can he dribble and pass at all? He's only got one more year on his deal.
We don't have the capspace to absorb Faried.

1. Doncic
2. JJJ
3. Young
4. WCJ
5. Mikal
6. Bamba
7. Clark
8. Bagley
9. Ayton
10. MPJ
11. Shamet
12. Evans