What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

I mean, I think they both played about the same role they would in the NBA, Grayson is just going to have to do his off the bench. The difference is Donte was doing his in the perfect system, he really had nothing holding him back. Allen had to play with a lot of freshman and in a more antiquated two true big heavy lineups as well as next to a guard like Duvall who couldnt shoot at all.

Offensively they are going to be looked to be shot creators, shooter and to use screens to create just like they did in college. The big-time concern is who can they guard? Both are too small to guard most 2's. Are they quick enough to guard 1's? And if they are 1's why aren't we looking at big wings like the elite teams play?

Offensively they are going to be looked to be shot creators, shooter and to use screens to create just like they did in college. The big-time concern is who can they guard? Both are too small to guard most 2's. Are they quick enough to guard 1's? And if they are 1's why aren't we looking at big wings like the elite teams play?
I have to profess a certain level of ignorance to Grayson's defensive abilities. Donte does seem like the better prospect there, and that might be enough to put him over Grayson. But I really dont know. I have question with both of them given their size.

I have to profess a certain level of ignorance to Grayson's defensive abilities. Donte does seem like the better prospect there, and that might be enough to put him over Grayson. But I really dont know. I have question with both of them given their size.

Only know what I’ve read and that was that he’s not good. I think Donte moves better literally and has good fundamentals to guard most 1/2s.

I know dukes defense was awful but I believe it was more related to Bagley.

I didn’t look at how they tested athletically... I think both did well... from what I did watch I think Donte moves better.

I hope we just draft Okobo and think there are better options at 21 than Donte and Allen.

GA isn’t my first choice However, I wouldn’t hate it if we drafted him. I don’t see him as a starter, but off the bench. Assuming we resign Exum, he’d obviously guard sg’s while GA takes pg’s. Also I’m higher on GA then I am on DD. GA has played pg as his primary role on a good Duke team. Could probably play pg in a pinch or some pg here and there when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only know what I’ve read and that was that he’s not good. I think Donte moves better literally and has good fundamentals to guard most 1/2s.

I didn’t look at how they tested athletically... I think both did well... from what I did watch I think Donte moves better.

I hope we just draft Okobo and think there are better options at 21 than Donte and Allen.

Don’t know anything about Okobo. What’s his game like?

Okobo is kinda perfect imo. High upside guy with potential skill (shot creation) we need and don't have enough of at the pg spot. If he pops or shows potential we can choose between Ricky and Dante and allocate resources to other positions. Worst case I think he ends up as a good backup pg, but he could have a minor role this year as he gets up to speed.

Okobo is kinda perfect imo. High upside guy with potential skill (shot creation) we need and don't have enough of at the pg spot. If he pops or shows potential we can choose between Ricky and Dante and allocate resources to other positions. Worst case I think he ends up as a good backup pg, but he could have a minor role this year as he gets up to speed.

Seems weird to draft a backup pg when you have two good options in X and Rubio.

Duke's defense was good this year, so IDK what you are talking about. The whole issue surrounding Duke's defense is that they were bad in man 2 man D, but then switched to zone and became really good.

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/stat/defensive-efficiency

They were ranked 29th in the nation according to this metric. Villanova was 44th.

Scoring PG. Has some pullup dribble Harden potential. Can create but not a great athlete. I think he could create a bunch off the dribble and be a nightmare... he might end up being a bigger Jerryd Bayless.

Seems weird to draft a backup pg when you have two good options in X and Rubio.

You can play multiple PGs and he just started playing pg this year. I think he can play alongside all three of those guys... I'm not sure you want Exum and Rubio playing at the same time... I just think it would help fit the modern day skillset needed by ball handlers.

6'2 lefty with a george hill type of frame, reminds me a little of Randy Foye. He can shoot it off the dribble and has a decent 1st step and well rounded potential, he's a scoring guard tho. Don't expect any great ast/to ratio.

I think the Duke defense thing just became a big narrative because Duke usually doesnt play zone.

They were #2 in defensive rating in ACC play, only behind Virginia. So to say their defense was awful is just categorically incorrect.

You can play multiple PGs and he just started playing pg this year. I think he can play alongside all three of those guys... I'm not sure you want Exum and Rubio playing at the same time... I just think it would help fit the modern day skillset needed by ball handlers.

I thought Exum backed Rubio up?

I thought Exum backed Rubio up?

You could play Exum and Okobo... I think Dante may be better as more of a two anyway. I don't know if long term you want two ball handlers that don't shoot off the dribble. If both warrant getting paid you may want to pick one.

You could play Exum and Okobo... I think Dante may be better as more of a two anyway. I don't know if long term you want two ball handlers that don't shoot off the dribble. If both warrant getting paid you may want to pick one.

Rubio shoots well off the dribble. I think he’s a life time 45% shooter from midrange.

All I know is he seemed to get better the last half of his last season with the wolves, then after being acclimated to the jazz system had the best year of his career.