What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Grayson Allen + Troy Brown's moves x PEDs = Donte Divencenzo.

Saw a mock draft that had us taking Aaron Holiday with Lonnie Walker still on the board. I just hope I don’t want to blow my brains out on draft night.

Maybe we should just steal Hutchinson from the Bulls. 3 and D baby.

I think I may want Okogie.

I like his super aggressive mindset and motor. That's tough to teach He has very solid length. He had the fastest 3/4 sprint at the combine, the 7th fastest shuttle, and solid lane agility. His vert leap and max vert leap were excellent. So he has (borderline?) elite athleticism, above average length and a very aggressive mindset. He also doesn't turn 20 until September 1st and therefore has perhaps major upside.

Statistically, he shot 74.7% from the line and then 82.1% this past season which indicates he could be an above average shooter. It also shows he developed significantly in that regard. Moreover he gets to the line a ton. 6.5 attempts as a frosh. 6.8 attempts as a sophomore. He also shot over 38% from 3 in both seasons. Lastly, he went up almost across the board in rebounding rate, assist rate and so forth from his freshman to sophomore year. And he did all this with mediocre coaching.

So what are the concerns with him? Shot selection? Defensive intensity? Can someone fill me in here?

Might he just be Burks 2.0? Burks stats in college, minus from the perimeter were pretty damn impressive. He also has underrated length and athleticism. So I'd be a bit concerned that this is a fair comp.

I have been high on Okogie through the entire process. He is a very aggressive player on both ends of the court. He is going to make you work on both ends of the court. He's the type guy you don't want to play against. If we are looking for a quality role player off the bench, he is a good choice because I think he will be a solid pro for a while. I don't think he's the guy for #21 because his value would be poor that high, but I think he will end up being a better pro than a number of the guys projected to go ahead of him.

Where I'm at right now, @ 21 I'm interested in Huerter, DD, Troy Brown or Elie Okobo

I'm worried San Antonio will take one of those, may move up ahead of them, especially if SGA falls.

Initial look at KBD (watched 1 youtube so i'm a qualified expert):

Too slow to play the 3 in the NBA and too small to play the 4 effectively. So.... NEXT

He's not too small to play the 4. Luc Mbah a Moute plays at the 4. So does Marvin Williams. Just don't expect him to be an explosive athlete. He's more fluid and skilled.

Initial look at KBD (watched 1 youtube so i'm a qualified expert):

Too slow to play the 3 in the NBA and too small to play the 4 effectively. So.... NEXT
And Mitchell is too small to be a 2 and can’t be effective at the 1. Blah blah blah.

Feel free to join us for 2018 NBA basketball anytime.

He's not too small to play the 4. Luc Mbah a Moute plays at the 4. So does Marvin Williams. Just don't expect him to be an explosive athlete. He's more fluid and skilled.

Yea but KBD didn't look to have much lift or play big enough to get away with playing the 4 - it takes special talent to be a small ball 4 - aint' seeing it in him.

And Mitchell is too small to be a 2 and can’t be effective at the 1. Blah blah blah.

Feel free to join us for 2018 NBA basketball anytime.

Who said that about Mitchell? Wasn't I. The 7 foot wingspan and elite vertical would tell anyone with a brain otherwise.

wow another excuse you could have typed it out in less characters

Still think we are trading this pick. DL has made a trade using our draft pick close to every year right?

Should I start a draft pick trade thread for people to post their ideas and suggestions? And no, this would not just be me and my ideas.

I am concerned about how thin/weak KBD looks. But I am really concerned about how slow he plays. Slow stepback into jumper. Slow drive into floater. Slow rotation on D. I just think he going to be too slow.