What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

I think Elie Okobo will be a solid player in the league. He'd be a good pick at #21. However, I think Anfernee Simons could be special. Simons' role ought to be as a scorer off the bench during his first couple years, much like James Harden early in his career. Simons needs to add strength and aggressiveness, and there's some risk that he won't do it, but his smoothness and ability to score the ball in different ways can't be overlooked.

Ok point break. Who you got for us this year? Who’s the diamond in the rough?

Haha, tough act to follow.

I was high on Donovan fairly early but it wasn’t until the last week that I was really sold on him being one of the best guys in the class. So, I reserve the right to still have not gotten there yet.

That said, the dudes I’ll live and die with where peeps here can @ me on in the future so far are:

-Mo: I think he, begrudgingly, will end up being Rudy with a better/smarter offensive game. It blows me away how undervalued Rudy is and here we are with Mo. He can change the game. Maybe not the peak defender Rudy is but I think he will be better offensively. His stroke is really nice and the kid is brilliant. I just don’t see how he doesn’t succeed, wildly.

-Okobo: I legit can’t speak/type my comp out loud because I’ve rolled my eyes lately at some of the insane comps and mine is right there. I think he has some “it” in him, as much as anything. I like his interviews contrasted with his fire on the court (staring dudes down after hitting a dagger). His shot percentages are impressive at the level and age he’s at. I normally wouldn’t be hyped on a dude this much at a position we aren’t super hard up in, but talent is talent and you take it when you have the chance.

-Huerter: I think he is SO much more than a shooter. I think he’s the kind of kid that does what’s needed to win. I think his ability to get to the rim is underrated and then pass out of those same situations to find the right person. Defense is a concern but he’s smart, just doesn’t have all the tools there.

-Okogie: I can’t help it. I see some dark horse “it” with him too. His team sucked and he was the focus of every defenses attention. Yeah, shot selection is questionable but I think a lot of that is back to his team. His length is awesome and his hyper competitive. I have less detail, other than the feeling of “it-ness”.

Others without detail:

-JJJ
-Luka (this should be obvious)
-Allen
-Wagner

Troy Brown working out for the Hornets. Seems like the Jazz have been his lowest workout. Very Donovan Mitchell-esque. Chose Utah as his first workout and didnt go below them. Must mean he will be ROTY.

I've given up on Troy Brown being in our range. He should realistically go around Knox, SGA and Robert Williams, imo. He also worked out for the Clippers who have 12 and 13. His name seems to be getting hotter and his draft stock is peaking at the right time. Denver is also a possibility for him.

I want to believe that Simons can be something special. His natural talent level may be up there with guys who have gone in the top 5 in years past. He's boom or bust.

Troy Brown working out for the Hornets. Seems like the Jazz have been his lowest workout. Very Donovan Mitchell-esque. Chose Utah as his first workout and didnt go below them. Must mean he will be ROTY.

I think it means Harry Giles wins ROY and Troy Brown becomes the people’s ROY.