What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

What do you all think about Bates-Diop? Is he in our range? How does he stack up against Huerter and Okobo?

I like Keita. I think he can be solid defensive PF that can also stretch the floor and knock down threes. He should be a solid role player in the NBA. I wouldn't draft him over Okobo. I think Okobo has more upside. I probably wouldn't draft him over Huerter either. But if Keita was the pick I don't think I'd be upset. I'd understand the decision.

Last edited:
What do you all think about Bates-Diop? Is he in our range? How does he stack up against Huerter and Okobo?

I think he'll still be available when we pick. To me, Huerter and Okobo have more upside so I would rather have one of them. I don't think Diop would be a bad pick though.

Huerter has been my guy from very early. I don't think he is a primary scorer bit as a complimentary piece he is perfect fit.

Kbd I think would do well in the jazz system. He is also a complimentary piece.

Okobo can be an alpha and I worry how he would fit with Mitchell. Although if the jazz release their rights on Exum (we wouldn't know until free agency) to sign George Okobo becomes a much better fit

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Huerter has been my guy from very early. I don't think he is a primary scorer bit as a complimentary piece he is perfect fit.

Okobo can be an alpha and I worry how he would fit with Mitchell. Although if the jazz release their rights on Mitchell (we wouldn't know until free agency) to sign George Okobo becomes a much better fit

Huh?

Okobo can be an alpha and I worry how he would fit with Mitchell. Although if the jazz release their rights on Mitchell (we wouldn't know until free agency) to sign George Okobo becomes a much better fit

Exum?

I don't hate on Troy brown either I just don't think he is the next great thing. He could be a valuable piece, but I hate moniker, if he learns to shoot.

I am a big Chandler Hutchinson fan. I think he will come in being a decent bench scorer right off the bat.

my wife died over a year ago from complications caused by a car accident. I had to make the choice to unplug her from life support then watch her die. So yes i am entitled to miss her every now and again
Sorry to hear that. I lost my mother, my sister and nearly my son to three different car accidents. Losing a spouse would be extremely difficult.

going to post this knowing if i am wrong some one will repost it and throw it in my face

I don't like Simons i just dont like what i see in his work out videos. I dont think he has the IT or anything else
not a huge fan of Evans either. I know Cy likes him but I just dont see a guy who is going to give you much. He has a very low ceiling.
I want to like Trent Jr but i just can't

my wife died over a year ago from complications caused by a car accident. I had to make the choice to unplug her from life support then watch her die. So yes i am entitled to miss her every now and again

Damn. Life is brutal sometimes. Hang in there... great to have these distractions sometimes.

going to post this knowing if i am wrong some one will repost it and throw it in my face

I don't like Simons i just dont like what i see in his work out videos. I dont think he has the IT or anything else
not a huge fan of Evans either. I know Cy likes him but I just dont see a guy who is going to give you much. He has a very low ceiling.
I want to like Trent Jr but i just can't
I actually like Simons. I think he has great tools to work with. . . but he’s a huge project. My biggest concern is his release point. He needs to fix that if he’s going to get his shot off against NBA athletes. He’s not my first choice at #21, but I wouldn’t be mad if they got him either.

I don't like the way he takes his work out video so casually. He doesn't seem to have the fire to be good

I think that's just his demeanor. He's a quiet and laid-back kid. But Walt was saying that he needed to work harder in one-on-none workouts. His combination of length, bounce, shift and shooting touch make for a rare and potentially elite combination. It's the kind of mix you see in guys like James Harden, D'Angelo Russell, Bradley Beal and Markelle Fultz when they were rookies, and Simons may actually be a little more explosive than some of those guys. So for him it's a question of IQ, being able to make reads and being strong enough to defend somebody.

He already is good, btw, he was a top-10 prospect in his class.