What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Today is the deadline for international players to drop their names from the draft it seems. Here are some that are staying or dropping:

Who’s watched a lot of Knox?

Spent some time looking at him more this weekend and thought “damn....Bryant and Lang could really work with this kid”.

I think it all depends on where he goes.

Me.... I first saw him when he was still playing football and was much fatter than you see now. Knox is a high class development project, no doubt.

Sorry if I was unclear. I was saying that the player will have to have the ability to play defense not necessarily be a defender. So let me rephrase:

The FO will not draft a guy who is a defensive liability regardless of how great his offense is.

We got rid of a guy like Hood because we'd rather have guys like Crowder.

We got rid of Hood because of his contract and him not wanting to be here. It wasn’t just because of his defense.

We got rid of Hood because of his contract and him not wanting to be here. It wasn’t just because of his defense.
Yes, but I think part of the reason for not believing he was worth what he and his agent wanted is that Hood is a one-trick pony. He shoots 3's, albeit inconsistently, is oft-injured and the "D" is missing from the 3&D equation.

With 10 days to go feels like theres a big trade brewing in the top5. Ayton will go 1st but after that all bets are off. Bagley seems to be the slight favorite to go 2nd but the Kings have no 2019 1st and need depth everywhere.

I think one of the big reasons the Jazz traded Hood was his mental make up.

Ya but price is always a factor Rodney couldve behaved like rick james in the late 70's off the court but if he was willing to take minimum dollars they'd have kept him.

Last edited:
Who’s watched a lot of Knox?

Spent some time looking at him more this weekend and thought “damn....Bryant and Lang could really work with this kid”.

I think it all depends on where he goes.
I've seen him a ton and never really liked him. but with him, so much depends on his ability to shoot/score efficiently. was just always so inconsistent with his shooting at UK. But he's very young (one of the youngest in the draft) and has the physical tools - good length and athleticism. high risk, high reward guy in my opinion.

According to a user on RealGM Dzenan Musa has a workout scheduled with the Jazz. I don't know for when.

Edit: Here's the source:

Locke's current draft shtick is to downplay every prospect. Trade out hints?

He does seem to have a thing for Melvin Frazier tho.
He mentions Grayson Allen much more than I feel comfortable with. Also, Jalen Brunson... Eek!

But yah... he went as far as to **** on Mikal Bridges today. Lol...

Jalen Brunson would hold down the backup PG spot for a very long time if he's the pick. It's not bad value.

I could see his career playing something out like Darren Collison.

Locke is just covering the draft without really covering the draft. He doesn't want to give anything away, say to much about what he saw in workouts, or say anything either way about whether the Jazz have any trade options.

You know, the Nuggets have worked out a few guys that are clearly below their draft range at #14. They may well have a deal to trade down. Musa isn't the clearest example, as he could be in play at #14, but there have been a few others. One was Keita Bates-Diop. Others include Okogie, Aaron Holliday, Khyri Thomas, and Gary Trent Jr. Those are guys who will go in the 20s.

Sure looks like they're exploring a deal to move down to our range. They've got several bad contracts, not just Faried.

Locke is just covering the draft without really covering the draft. He doesn't want to give anything away, say to much about what he saw in workouts, or say anything either way about whether the Jazz have any trade options.

You know, the Nuggets have worked out a few guys that are clearly below their draft range at #14. They may well have a deal to trade down. Musa isn't the clearest example, as he could be in play at #14, but there have been a few others. One was Keita Bates-Diop. Others include Okogie, Aaron Holliday, Khyri Thomas, and Gary Trent Jr. Those are guys who will go in the 20s.

Sure looks like they're exploring a deal to move down to our range. They've got several bad contracts, not just Faried.

You have to think that Washington is willing part with #15 too. But is there anyone at 14 or 15 that is better than we can draft at 21?