What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Just cause I’m bored, what are the chances LiAngelo Ball gets drafted?

It would only be a marketing ploy, the Satnam Singh pick by the Mavs years back in the late 50's was a marketing ploy pick and thats about his chances lol...The Warriors and Lakers did work him out, he's not a bad shooter either, the rest of his game is severely lacking and he's 6'5" with the game of a player you'd normally see 6'7" or 6'8".

Player like Dakota Mathias is way better and a way better athlete actually...

He;s also not nearly as bright as Lonzo.

It would only be a marketing ploy, the Satnam Singh pick by the Mavs years back in the late 50's was a marketing ploy pick and thats about his chances lol...The Warriors and Lakers did work him out, he's not a bad shooter either, the rest of his game is severely lacking and he's 6'5" with the game of a player you'd normally see 6'7" or 6'8".

Player like Dakota Mathias is way better and a way better athlete actually...

He;s also not nearly as bright as Lonzo.

LiAngelo is a great shooter isn’t he?

41.5% from 3 on 5.9 attempts per game is extremely solid.

LiAngelo is a great shooter isn’t he?

41.5% from 3 on 5.9 attempts per game is extremely solid.

He's pretty good... Had the China incident not occurred at UCLA he'd have probably taken a TON of 3's for them.

It's this quirky, elbows flailed out(not under the ball), release tho..

He's pretty good... Had the China incident not occurred at UCLA he'd have probably taken a TON of 3's for them.

It's this quirky, elbows flailed out(not under the ball), release tho..

Not any worse than Lonzo’s release though? I highly doubt he gets drafted but part of me really wants him to lol.

Jazz are in a full obfuscation mode right now. Not that they should do anything but that. Ugh, I both love and hate this time of year.

If we stay put, I think the pick is Donte D. The guy can do everything and can play off of Mitchell. I don't know if he is a guy with elite level anything, but he's also a guy without a single weakness. So his elite level skill is maybe not having a weakness.
He has weaknesses:
Undersized 2 guard
Not an adept playmaker
Doesn't get to the ft line

He has weaknesses:
Undersized 2 guard
Not an adept playmaker
Doesn't get to the ft line

Undersized 2 guard? - He's 6'5". He's as tall as James Harden and taller than Donovan Mitchell and Jrue Holiday.

Adept Playmaker? - Okobo, a PG, averaged 4.8 assists this season. Donte, a combo guard off the bench for the national champions, averaged 3.5 assists per game. Is Donte John Stockton? Not at all. Is he an issue as a playmaker? No. As we evolve and Mitchell gets better, he's going to have the ball in his hands as much or more than the PG. We just need a guy to compliment him.

Doesn't get to the FT line? - Jerome Robinson is known as a "fill it up" scorer who can attack from all over. He averaged 4.5 FT per game while shooing over 14 shots per game. Donte played less mpg and only took 7 shots per game, but attempted 2.7 free throws per game. To call this a "weakness" is lame.

The only thing "weak" about this post was your attempt to take a shot at a player I'm promoting. Donte is a pretty comprehensive player with no clear weakness.

Undersized 2 guard? - He's 6'5". He's as tall as James Harden and taller than Donovan Mitchell and Jrue Holiday.

Adept Playmaker? - Okobo, a PG, averaged 4.8 assists this season. Donte, a combo guard off the bench for the national champions, averaged 3.5 assists per game. Is Donte John Stockton? Not at all. Is he an issue as a playmaker? No. As we evolve and Mitchell gets better, he's going to have the ball in his hands as much or more than the PG. We just need a guy to compliment him.

Doesn't get to the FT line? - Jerome Robinson is known as a "fill it up" scorer who can attack from all over. He averaged 4.5 FT per game while shooing over 14 shots per game. Donte played less mpg and only took 7 shots per game, but attempted 2.7 free throws per game. To call this a "weakness" is lame.

The only thing "weak" about this post was your attempt to take a shot at a player I'm promoting. Donte is a pretty comprehensive player with no clear weakness.
6'6 wingspan and 8'1 standing reach aka the exact measurements of Trey Burke. Think before you respond next time.

I'm okay with Musa. He's really mobile and a good shooter/scorer. Overall his talent level is high. He's got some size, even if he's not a physical specimen.

FWIW, the best defensive players in our range are Okogie, Melton and Khyri Thomas. They'd fit right into our defensive system with length and speed on the perimeter.

My ideal would be JJJ. Doncic is really hyped and I'd be fine with that, too, but at the top of the draft I'd take JJJ. Further down, there's just something I can't get behind on Allen. KBD is kinda meh for me but would have no problems if that's who we took. Okobo is interesting, but I wonder if he's this guy who, like other guys we've hyped around here, lives up to being just okay. Musa is okay. Really like DD.

Any of the guys mentioned above (sans Allen), I'd not be upset with the Jazz drafting. I really don't know much about any other guys.

Bottom line: DD FTW.

Are you unaware that it’s much harder to get an assist in Europe than it is here? You must be.