What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Michael Porter is out for the season. This gives us hope that he might fall to us even if we pick out of the top 3...

https://twitter.com/MizzouHoops/status/933050756189638656

Ha... posted at the same time. I think he falls to 5-6 unless Bamba, Ayton, or Bagley disappoint. Could see the kings going Miles Bridges... just seems like a Kings type of pick.

At very least it may open up a potential trade to move to #4 to get him.

Ha... posted at the same time. I think he falls to 5-6 unless Bamba, Ayton, or Bagley disappoint. Could see the kings going Miles Bridges... just seems like a Kings type of pick.

At very least it may open up a potential trade to move to #4 to get him.
I hope so. He's one of my can't miss prospects in this draft. I hope the risk is too much for 4 teams when they have comparable talent with Doncic, Bagley, Ayton, Bamba and we should really make a push to be the 5th.

You think he still comes out? The thing that gives people pause is that he's 19 and already having back surgery. It could become a medical red flag that drops him several spots. Not as serious as Harry Giles, obviously, but a bit similar. Maybe more like Embiid's situation.

You think he still comes out? The thing that gives people pause is that he's 19 and already having back surgery. It could become a medical red flag that drops him several spots. Not as serious as Harry Giles, obviously, but a bit similar.

Even more likely... he will be a top 10 pick no matter what. Stay a year and work with less competent training and have issues then maybe people say he's just completely broken.

You think he still comes out? The thing that gives people pause is that he's 19 and already having back surgery. It could become a medical red flag that drops him several spots. Not as serious as Harry Giles, obviously, but a bit similar.
He comes out 100%. I don't think this is in the same universe as Giles' injury. Giles had multiple knee injuries and didn't look great when he played. Porter cannot risk re-injury/poor performance after surgery. I think he gets drafted in the top 5 still... similar to Embiid.

I hope so. He's one of my can't miss prospects in this draft. I hope the risk is too much for 4 teams when they have comparable talent with Doncic, Bagley, Ayton, Bamba and we should really make a push to be the 5th.

Sam Vecenie brought up an interesting scenario... he can keep teams from seeing his medicals. I think that prospects and agents would send their kids our way but maybe he won't send medicals to the Kings, Bulls, or Cavs... would guess the Mavs and Hawks would get the medicals.

Sam Vecenie brought up an interesting scenario... he can keep teams from seeing his medicals. I think that prospects and agents would send their kids our way but maybe he won't send medicals to the Kings, Bulls, or Cavs... would guess the Mavs and Hawks would get the medicals.
Yeah, I read that. That's similar situation with what Embiid did. He didn't give his medicals to Philly AFAIK. They still drafted him. But it is something that could happen and something that could affect the decisions of teams.

Yeah, I read that. That's similar situation with what Embiid did. He didn't give his medicals to Philly AFAIK. They still drafted him. But it is something that could happen and something that could affect the decisions of teams.

I think the Bulls and Kings would have a real problem if his reps didn't send the medicals and if I was his reps I wouldn't want him there. Bulls have Lauri anyway so it's not the best fit anyway.

I think the Bulls and Kings would have a real problem if his reps didn't send the medicals and if I was his reps I wouldn't want him there. Bulls have Lauri anyway so it's not the best fit anyway.
Quin might still have sources and connections in Mizzou... just saying...

Markis McDuffie, SF, Wichita State
A 6-8 forward, Wichita State’s Markis McDuffie is another college prospect who potentially fits the 3-and-D mold. Playing primarily as a small-ball power forward, McDuffie helped lead the Shockers to one of the nation’s top defenses in 2016-17. He possesses the size, strength and toughness to battle against larger players on the interior and sufficient athleticism to keep up with guys on the perimeter. McDuffie also led Wichita State in steals last season, a sign of his defensive intelligence.

Much of McDuffie’s NBA potential hinges on his jump shot. He’s been a career 35.5 percent 3-point shooter so far, but his improvement as a foul shooter last season — he shot 81.9 percent on 144 attempts — suggests an improving and more repeatable stroke. At this stage, McDuffie is mostly a spot-up option rather than someone who can shoot on the move, but his ability to beat closeouts with straight line drives adds some diversity to his offensive game.

The 20-year-old has yet to play this season due to a stress fracture in his foot, so how he responds to the injury will be something worth watching as will how well he handles playing against the tougher competition of the American Athletic Conference on a regular basis. If McDuffie’s able to put everything together, though, he could be an intriguing second-round option should he opt to leave school early in the spring.

Sexton is pretty good. Looks better than I anticipated. Wiry strong athlete. Definitely someone the Jazz would have to consider if they are picking outside the top 5.

College basketball is so annoying. The 5 foul rule is so brutal. Hervey been in foul trouble all game and has barely been able to play to get a rhythm back.

College basketball is so annoying. The 5 foul rule is so brutal. Hervey been in foul trouble all game and has barely been able to play to get a rhythm back.

College refs are brutal too... I wish they had the same set of rules as the pros.