What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

Miles Bridges is the kind of athlete we need at the 3 between Mitchell and Gobert, and he might be in our projected draft range. I just can't quite get on board with him for some reason. He settles for a lot of long jump shots unnecessarily and doesn't often get all the way to the rim. He's also not much of a ball mover right now.

Do you think his jumpshot is projectable? I kind of don't trust it yet. I want to see him shoot well over larger sample... and I want him to raise his FT%

He's a very fun player to watch though... I wonder if their lack of size(Mitchell/Sexton) combo would hurt our D.
His midrange shot looked very smooth in the UTA game. His 3pt shot wasn't, but I don't have any worries about that. His FT's looked fine too.

Miles Bridges is the kind of athlete we need at the 3 between Mitchell and Gobert, and he might be in our projected draft range. I just can't quite get on board with him for some reason. He settles for a lot of long jump shots unnecessarily and doesn't often get all the way to the rim. He's also not much of a ball mover right now.
Miles Bridges would be a very average 3.

He could be a good 4 though.

Miles Bridges would be a very average 3.

He could be a good 4 though.

I don't know if I can agree with this. He has awful measurements to play the 4. If I was coaching against Bridges at the 4 I would punish him in the post.

If he had a decent wingspan I would say sure but he has average arm length. Maybe a little above but nothing that would allow him to guard the 4.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't know if I can agree with this. He has awful measurements to play the 4. If I was coaching against Bridges at the 4 I would punish him in the post.

If he had a decent wingspan I would say sure but he has average arm length. Maybe a little above but nothing that would allow him to guard the 4.

Sent from my Z981 using JazzFanz mobile app

Look at how most stretch 4's play now. Having a giant wingspan is a plus, but it isn't necessary. And I said *could*. I'm not sold on him in any way, but his highest potential is a 4. He would be a very average 3.

For comparison's sake, he has a nearly identical to build to Joe Johnson, and he works fine at the 4 in the modern NBA. If Bridges can hit the 3 like JJ, but bring the defensive/hustle intangibles, then he is a pretty good modern 4. Yeah, you might have trouble guarding some teams, but most of the top teams dont play a true 4, or at least a true 4 who is a huge threat to exploit size mismatches.

Last edited:
Look at how most stretch 4's play now. Having a giant wingspan is a plus, but it isn't necessary. And I said *could*. I'm not sold on him in any way, but his highest potential is a 4. He would be a very average 3.

For comparison's sake, he has a nearly identical to build to Joe Johnson, and he works fine at the 4 in the modern NBA. If Bridges can hit the 3 like JJ, but bring the defensive/hustle intangibles, then he is a pretty good modern 4. Yeah, you might have trouble guarding some teams, but most of the top teams dont play a true 4, or at least a true 4 who is a huge threat to exploit size mismatches.

The amount of fours that actually post up is much less than the ones that play on the perimeter.

Even so bridges is a freaking brick house. He’s a four all the way.

His midrange shot looked very smooth in the UTA game. His 3pt shot wasn't, but I don't have any worries about that. His FT's looked fine too.
It looked a bit hitchy to me, especially from 3 or on stepbacks. That's why I ask. His 3p% is good this year but I just don't trust it right now. It doesn't look right to me. We'll see I guess. Too early to tell.

The amount of fours that actually post up is much less than the ones that play on the perimeter.

Even so bridges is a freaking brick house. He’s a four all the way.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Post ups are on their way out and even when they are used they are generally not great possessions. Very few players in the league can actually punish you in the post. For example I would prefer opponents post up Bridges than run their regular offense and get spot ups, cuts, pnr finishes, etc.

Miles Bridges is similar to Aaron Gordon and similarly to him he will be subpar 3 IMO and might be a good 4.

Brandon McCoy has unspectacular measurables for how tall he is, but damn, he has been dominating college basketball as a freshman thus far.

Holy crap. i'd never heard of McCoy. Hasn't really played anybody yet, but those numbers are ridiculous and he hasn't had a bad game. or even a less than good game.

impressed with Grant Williams of Tennessee. goes about 6'7" 245, big wingspan, good athlete, strong, can score inside and out - should be able to guard multiple positions in the Association.