What's new

Following Potential 2018 Draftees

no longer soured on Mikail Bridges. I got to watch some of the Nichols and Lafayette games and in the Nichols game. He was awesome defensively. 4 blocks and 5 steals or something like that. He doesn't force things on offense and lets it come to him,

If Utah's pick is in the 8-12 range, what SF's or PF's (Utah's positions of greatest need) would be of interest? Any very good 3&D players among the players projected in that range?

Brandon McCoy has unspectacular measurables for how tall he is, but damn, he has been dominating college basketball as a freshman thus far.

Holy crap. i'd never heard of McCoy. Hasn't really played anybody yet, but those numbers are ridiculous and he hasn't had a bad game. or even a less than good game.
I know Utah drafted Bradley, but would McCoy at ~10 be the BPA? And if he were, would you take him or would you go with perhaps a lower rated, but badly needed SF or PF?

I'd bet almost everything I own, Brandon McCoy will be a top 10 pick in next year's draft. Dude is going to start turning heads and climbing draft boards.

I doubt he'll be drafted after his freshman year at Arizona, but Emmanual Akot has the potential to be an NBA player. He went to high school at Wasatch Academy in Mt Pleasant, UT. If you've never heard or seen one of their games here in Utah, I highly suggest you do it. Unbelievable talent on their teams. The are the high school version of Duke in Utah (small, private school and dominate at a national level.)

I'd bet almost everything I own, Brandon McCoy will be a top 10 pick in next year's draft. Dude is going to start turning heads and climbing draft boards.
Highly doubtful. There are at least 3 centers who are better prospects, really regardless of how good McCoy's stats look. He just doesn't have the athletic ability or extreme length of dudes like Ayton, Bamba, or Robinson and the 4/5 tweeners like Bagley, Williams, and Jackson Jr. are probably more desirable center prospects.

I see him going late lottery at the earliest with his style. He will be competing with guys like Mietu and Carter.

Trae Young is an interesting prospect. steph curry wannabe (loves to take deep threes) plays a little out of control at times, but he's a talent. came into tonight leading the country in assists, set up his teammates beautifully and hit some threes. He's small, but he's good. should be fun to watch over the course of the season.

If you want a modern day PF look at Bonzie Colson from Notre Dame
I doubt he'll be drafted after his freshman year at Arizona, but Emmanual Akot has the potential to be an NBA player. He went to high school at Wasatch Academy in Mt Pleasant, UT. If you've never heard or seen one of their games here in Utah, I highly suggest you do it. Unbelievable talent on their teams. The are the high school version of Duke in Utah (small, private school and dominate at a national level.)

I thought Akot was from Canada how did he play in Utah.

Curious it does say Wasatch Academy pleasant grove ut.

Last edited:
Highly doubtful. There are at least 3 centers who are better prospects, really regardless of how good McCoy's stats look. He just doesn't have the athletic ability or extreme length of dudes like Ayton, Bamba, or Robinson and the 4/5 tweeners like Bagley, Williams, and Jackson Jr. are probably more desirable center prospects.

I see him going late lottery at the earliest with his style. He will be competing with guys like Mietu and Carter.
Robert Williams will be drafted higher too. Nowadays centers in the mold of Enes Kanter(haven't seen McCoy yet, but that's the impression I'm getting from what people say, is this wrong?) are not as valuable as they used to be. What teams are looking from their centers is defense-first, rim protection and rim rolls. Of course other things are nice to have but if you don't have the defense as a center you are almost unplayable against good offensive teams.

Robert Williams will be drafted higher too. Nowadays centers in the mold of Enes Kanter(haven't seen McCoy yet, but that's the impression I'm getting from what people say, is this wrong?) are not as valuable as they used to be. What teams are looking from their centers is defense-first, rim protection and rim rolls. Of course other things are nice to have but if you don't have the defense as a center you are almost unplayable against good offensive teams.

Yeah, I said Williams in the 4/5 tweener category.

So sounds like an easy win for you. What are we betting?

He might be a realistic option, although he's been showing more than expected and he might jump on draft day to the top 6-7...

Knox is not far behind Marvin Bagley as a prospect, imo. Knox needs to shoot the ball better, but of course so does Bagley. If Knox starts scoring more consistently, then yes, he's up there. Bagley's obviously a better rebounder and defender.

I've always been cautious of Bagley. He needs to show that he has the basic skill set of a modern NBA 4, and so far he hasn't done that at Duke. Right now he looks like an undersized 5 at the NBA level.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

Jaren Jackson is an interesting player. The hope is that he's the next Myles Turner. The fear is that he's the next Noah Vonleh. The reality is that he's likely something in between.