What's new

Following Potential 2019 Draftees

I think it'd be pretty cool if you made the next year's potential draftee threads each year right after the most recent draft ends. Could make it a spectacle - an event - something to look forward to.

True and a valid point but I think there's benefits to doing it ASAP too. The timestamps and looking ahead are fun too.. Every once in a while some spectacular player jumps off the radar and onto the scene and makes a major impression, I like to post about that.

Every comment I heard / read in the weeks leading up to the '18 draft about '19 is that it's terrible and reading or hearing these comments, I can't help but think, what do these people actually know about THE FACES INVOLVED in said draft? my intuition tells me that if their feet were put to the fire 99% of the time it'll turn out they know very little about the faces involved.....

I like to deal in specifics not blanket statements or generalizations and I am really pretty fair and mostly unbiased which leads me to prefer to post about things on a case-by-case basis...

Last edited:
This is my boy for nextyear

Luka Samanic | 6-11 | PF
Croatia | Age: 18.1

The MVP of the Adidas Next Generation Tournament in Spain last month, Samanic showed his immense talent level and some of his shortcomings. The big man is an intriguing prospect with his ability to step out and knock down open 3s, straight-line drive with long strides, finish dynamically off of one leg, playmake on the move and score in the post against switches, showing impressive balance and touch. He gets good rotation with his feet set, but continuing to develop into a more versatile shooter and ball handler are keys to opening up the rest of his game, as his deep crouch and somewhat slow release limit him a bit. Samanic, who has a slight frame at 210 pounds, figures to rely more on pass-dribble-shoot skill at the higher levels given his so-so physicality and average length (7-0 wingspan), and cutting out some of his avoidable turnovers will be important for his growth on the perimeter.

Samanic also can improve his intensity on the defensive end and on the backboards, as he doesn't quite have the reach to fall back on in the post. With that said, he has the feet to switch and guard the perimeter and impressive instincts in the passing lanes. Samanic is no stranger to NBA scouts, and he's had some excellent moments with Barcelona's second team in LEB Gold, most recently scoring a season-high 17 points in 25 minutes on Feb. 9. Samanic's agreement with Barcelona is up after this season, but it is appearing more and more likely that he'll return to the Spanish powerhouse before entering the 2019 draft, where he's viewed as a borderline lottery-level talent. -- MS

Good pick he and Simonovic, I want to try and catch some of their games.

I have a long list of favorites already in this draft LOL. Or Outperformers. I think I'll do a mock in the coming days.

I think it'd be pretty cool if you made the next year's potential draftee threads each year right after the most recent draft ends. Could make it a spectacle - an event - something to look forward to.

NAH Gilles needs to start threads about prepubescent 10 year olds.

True and a valid point but I think there's benefits to doing it ASAP too. The timestamps and looking ahead are fun too.. Every once in a while some spectacular player jumps off the radar and onto the scene and makes a major impression, I like to post about that.

Every comment I heard / read in the weeks leading up to the '18 draft about '19 is that it's terrible and reading or hearing these comments, I can't help but think, what do these people actually know about THE FACES INVOLVED in said draft? my intuition tells me that if their feet were put to the fire 99% of the time it'll turn out they know very little about the faces involved.....

I like to deal in specifics not blanket statements or generalizations and I am really pretty fair and mostly unbiased which leads me to prefer to post about things on a case-by-case basis...

There can certainly always be a thread about all the young basketball prospects of the earth. I do not intend to dampen your enthusiasm for this subject or discourage you from continuing to explore this arena. You bring a lot of information, passion, and value to the subject. It is always and only counterproductive to plea for justification.

Just offering up an idea that a rad, fresh OP and new thread following the draft for the year when people will actually post in it and make it become 500 or so pages long would reflect a great deal of selflessness and philanthropy. Posters may really appreciate and anticipate such an event.

How about Shaq's kid.

He's got a chance, it's unlikely he's a one-and-done 1st rd pick. UCLA's best incoming recruit is 7'1" Moses Brown though.

EJ Montgomery on UK is similar and IMO better.

Shaq's son IMO is kinda unlucky cuz a lot of the quality in these next few drafts is near his size/skillset.

UCLA is gonna be very good the next few years, he picked a good spot if he's gonna stay 2 or 3 years.

There can certainly always be a thread about all the young basketball prospects of the earth. I do not intend to dampen your enthusiasm for this subject or discourage you from continuing to explore this arena. You bring a lot of information, passion, and value to the subject. It is always and only counterproductive to plea for justification.

Just offering up an idea that a rad, fresh OP and new thread following the draft for the year when people will actually post in it and make it become 500 or so pages long would reflect a great deal of selflessness and philanthropy. Posters may really appreciate and anticipate such an event.

Just seems kinda..... arbitrary... to wait for one specific date.. There's a very long list of reasons why doing it yearly is better than one big thread. It's not like I am the one who started this. Dr Jones 2019 thread was started in 2015, this one was 2014, both had Marvin Bagley in the 1st post, who reclassified up and went 2nd in 2018....

Lets be real, what people appreciate and anticipate is coming to these threads to try to drum up some stupid ****ing off-topic conversation because their bored and boring, small-minded and self-amused.

Last edited:
Just seems kinda..... arbitrary... to wait for one specific date.. There's a very long list of reasons why doing it yearly is better than one big thread. It's not like I am the one who started this. Dr Jones 2019 thread was started in 2015, this one was 2014, both had Marvin Bagley in the 1st post, who reclassified up and went 2nd in 2018....

Lets be real, what people appreciate and anticipate is coming to these threads to try to drum up some stupid ****ing off-topic conversation because their bored and boring, small-minded and self-amused.

Ain’t no thang... just throwing out ideas that may make you more tolerable and help to avoid excessive use of the pronoun ‘I’. You know that.

Ain’t no thang... just throwing out ideas that may make you more tolerable and help to avoid excessive use of the pronoun ‘I’. You know that.

I'm not here to be tolerable or make friends...LOL... There's ignore options, use em... I'm handsome, tall, self-made, funny and engaging IRL there's no reason that any dudes should like me..... My old man told me that bout 10 years ago and every year thats passed since only further reinforces the point.

Would you prefer I speak for everyone instead of myself? or perhaps 3rd person? Gilles de Rais will replace "I" with "Everyone Knows" so we can ****ing have 3 page discussions on semantics and qualifiers instead of basketball, would that be more to your liking?

*they’re

I'm not here to be tolerable or make friends...LOL... There's ignore options, use em... I'm handsome, tall, self-made, funny and engaging IRL there's no reason that any dudes should like me..... My old man told me that bout 10 years ago and every year thats passed since only further reinforces the point.

Would you prefer I speak for everyone instead of myself? or perhaps 3rd person? Gilles de Rais will replace "I" with "Everyone Knows" so we can ****ing have 3 page discussions on semantics and qualifiers instead of basketball, would that be more to your liking?

You do seem like a real cutie-pie, but not self-made - that’s impossible. People dislike you for other reasons than those things you mentioned - perhaps for lacking a respectable level of maturity and benevolence. Please do continue.

That was some really dumb advice from your dad. But maybe you hang out with dumb and/or immature people who deal with weird jealousy issues. No one is disliked for those things you listed. That is what makes most people likable.

But this is the guy who said it was a smart move for Sacramento to pass on Mitchell because he would have helped them win too many games.

You seem like you really know your pre college players. I cant fact check you on it because I dont really care about players pre NBA. NBA ideas from you seem a little more iffy.

That was some really dumb advice from your dad. But maybe you hang out with dumb and/or immature people who deal with weird jealousy issues. No one is disliked for those things you listed. That is what makes most people likable.

But this is the guy who said it was a smart move for Sacramento to pass on Mitchell because he would have helped them win too many games.

You seem like you really know your pre college players. I cant fact check you on it because I dont really care about players pre NBA. NBA ideas from you seem a little more iffy.

Alright well u continue the basketball forum Tony Robbins routine, hope its an enriching experience for you. i'm gonna continue to post on topic

6'7" Canadian prospect A.J. Lawson has reclassified to go to college next season, born 7/15/00 he'll be draft eligible. Good shooter, hes got finesse, and he's a good athlete, just skinny, 1st rd potential IMO.

I like this kid, seen him a handful of times always been impressed. He's gonna be at South Carolina, MAJOR PULL for Frank Martin.

Last edited:
Alright well u continue the basketball forum Tony Robbins routine, hope its an enriching experience for you. i'm gonna continue to post on topic
Uh, what you posted was not on topic. Hence how we got on the subject.

On topic you were one of the first to post about Mitchell on here, well done. You called him a borderline 1st round pick that could become a better shooting version of Smart.

Uh, what you posted was not on topic. Hence how we got on the subject.

On topic you were one of the first to post about Mitchell on here, well done. You called him a borderline 1st round pick that could become a better shooting version of Smart.

And what would your average Jazzfan have said about 2014 Donovan Mitchell? I'll tell you. A vast majority of the people who post in these draftees would've concocted all sorts of false narratives to justify why draftexpress wasn't giving him more hype and why he's not a 5-star recruit.. Lame asses would've started going thruu his stats and said he's too short and the standard way that they percieve a very long list of players they haven't seen a game of. they'd have called him way too short to play SG, they'd have called him old for his grade. Now y'all would kiss his *** if given the
opportunity.

I've been here long enough to know thats precisely what'd have happened.

My aptitude on this subject is beyond your comprehension level, you think talking in circles is gonna reveal otherwise? so be it. Run your mouth all u want, I'm better at it.

I percieve the lames who show up in this threads to hassle me like this as little kids threatening to hold their breaths to kill themselves. Thats how serious i take you and your posts.

and I'll whoop your *** in basketball.. LOL... Lets start a gofundme for a $100 buy in 1v1 jazzfans tournament ill fly cross the country and obliterate y'all day-job workers 1 by 1. If I win I'll never post here again either. I demand it's put on video too, when I'm crossing people at will and throwing down dunks, I'm stop in the middle of the game and ask one of you fools "You know this game better than me?" then blow past ya again for another ez bucket

Last edited:
What other things do y'all like to criticize that you know little about? foreign religions? the stock market? Im interested to know.

No way it's only basketball players... I can spot a bunch of wanna-be-know-it-alls a mile away, this behavior certainly manifests itself in more ways than just on a basketball forum.