What's new

Following Potential 2019 Draftees

I think the Jazz are going to hone in on a 6'10" or 6'11" stretch big who can both play next to Gobert as a 4 or ideally play a stretch-5 in an alternative 5-out line-up. I think the Jazz would be drooling to have a guy like Lauri Markkanen on the roster, while Mitchell, Exum, Royce and Ricky attack the gaps. I was reaching to try to project Jontay Porter into that kind of role, though Porter is really just a 5 (like a Frank Kaminsky) unless he markedly improves his athleticism this year.

The Jazz are likely to be drafting in the mid-20s this year, so they're going to have to be resourceful to bring in meaningful talent.

Keep a watch out for Aric Holman from mississippi st

Darius Bazley has decided not to play in the G League this season and will instead train and prepare himself for the 2019 NBA Draft.

Bazley decommitted from Syracuse in March.

“Talking about it over with my group, we felt confidently that the G League wasn’t going to be needed and now I can use this time to work on my craft,” Bazley told The Athletic. “It’s mainly me talking to [agent] Rich [Paul], he knows so much, and whenever he speaks my ears perk up. When Miles [Bridges] was in Cleveland for his predraft workouts, whenever he got a chance to work out in front of NBA teams, I was working out in the gym, too. So that played a part in it, me playing well in those workouts for us to say there’s no upside in the G League. If you play well, it’s expected. If you don’t play well, you’re not NBA-ready. That’s what they’ll say. For me, working out and preparing is the best route.

“The G League is the only league where winning might not be everything. Development is the most important aspect, but guys are playing for the team and at the same time trying to play for themselves. That’s not the type of guy I am. For me in those settings to just get mine, I’ve never been brought up that way. I feel basketball is a team sport and everybody is supposed to eat. In the G League, that’s not the way it is. Everyone is trying to get an opportunity to go to the NBA.

“I take pride in my decision. There are no regrets at all. At the end of the day, people are going to do what they want to do. Whether it’s going to college, whether it’s skipping college to go to the NBA, whether it’s quitting basketball altogether — people will make their choices. This decision is what I wanted to do, and I embrace that. It’s my life, my decision, my path and my journey.”

Bazley would have had to sign a G League contract and enter the draft in October because he has not been part of the NBA draft. He was expected to be the No. 1 pick in the G League draft.

Sucks for the G-League affiliate, he would've been no doubt about it the #1 pick in that draft.

6'10 21y/o soft shooting bigman. Taurean Thompson a player to watch for sure. Sat out last year x-ferring into Seton Hall.

Also he's a Brewster academy kid like Donovan Mitchell...

Last edited:
This kid has the potential to be a nice sleeper... AJ Edu 6'10 Freshman Big at Toledo. He's an import, you wont find him on any recruiting lists but he's got a chance..

Our pick will be late late first.....

Keep an eye on, (what a great name this is btw) --- Ayo Dosunmu. 6'5 Freshman PG at Illinois. The best guard from Chicago in years...

He's not this good of a shooter but just went 3/4 tonight, and is at 42% from 3pt distance going into the game (~4 attempts per)..

Nowhere to be found on mocks just yet, if he continues this play though, just wait for it.... His stock is super explosive... he's a dynamo at getting to the rim, extremely difficult to contain off the dribble and he's got defensive potential.