What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

Former FSU Center Michael Ojo, who got mentioned in the draftees threads years back has died of a heart attack playing in Serbia. RIP.

Poku would be my favorite in the 1st, but I'd like Josh Green/Paul Reed as well. Could Nesmith drop?

Try to move into the 2nd to get Tillman? I think he could be a really really solid backup big for us.

I also support showing the fans some love buying a late 2nd and seeing if Merrill can get his shot off in the pros.

I don't think Nesmith drops. Every team can use a knock-down shooter at the wing. It's possible that Tyrese Maxey, RJ Hampton or Theo Maledon drop. There are just a bunch of guards in this draft.

I think we might be picking at #20 by the time this Orlando fanfare is over. Even though there is a glaring hole in our frontcourt, I could still see the Jazz draft Josh Green, Theo Maledon or Leandro Bolmaro.

Edit: We might have a shot at #19, if the Sixers win enough of their remaining games. At #19, we'd be looking at guys like Maxey, Hampton, Lewis Jr, Bey and Poku possibly.

Bey would be ideal at this point.

I don't think Nesmith drops. Every team can use a knock-down shooter at the wing. It's possible that Tyrese Maxey, RJ Hampton or Theo Maledon drop. There are just a bunch of guards in this draft.

It's impossible for Maxey and Maledon to "drop" to us. They aren't top 20 prospects. Either a team is going to reach on them or they will be available. No drop involved.

NBAdraft.net shows that the Grizzlies have our pick. But that is definitely not the impression I get from this thread.

What exactly are the details of that deal?

There are weird protections on the pick. It only conveys if the Jazz's pick is in the 8 - 14 range, or something like that.

It's impossible for Maxey and Maledon to "drop" to us. They aren't top 20 prospects. Either a team is going to reach on them or they will be available. No drop involved.

Hampton is easily at top 20 prospect in this draft. Maxey probably is too when it's said and done.

Jay Scrubb is a really intriguing prospect. I'm surprised he's not higher on boards. 6'6 with a 6'9 wingspan, athleticism pops on film, legitimate ball skills.

I think Malik Fitts is being slept on too. Which isn't as surprising because he's 23. But he has NBA size and he can shoot the 3. He's someone the Jazz should look at if they can get a 2nd.

Tankathon's mock draft showed the Jazz picking at #20 yesterday and taking Kira Lewis Jr. They've had Pokusevski going at either #16 or #19.

Precious Achuwia up to #10 on ESPN's best available list.

JALEN SMITH WHO THEY HAD OUTSIDE OF THE TOP 60 WHEN THE GAMES WERE LIVE - sits at #20....

YAM MADAR at #46 tho!!

Precious Achuwia up to #10 on ESPN's best available list.

JALEN SMITH WHO THEY HAD OUTSIDE OF THE TOP 60 WHEN THE GAMES WERE LIVE - sits at #20....

YAM MADAR at #46 tho!!

ESPN is lower on Kira Lewis, Jr. than some others. They have him at #25. It's sounding as though some teams have Kira as high as 10 - 12 on their boards. ESPN is also not high on Paul Reed, putting him at #50 right now. Not sure what the deal is.

ESPN is lower on Kira Lewis, Jr. than some others. They have him at #25. It's sounding as though some teams have Kira as high as 10 - 12 on their boards. ESPN is also not high on Paul Reed, putting him at #50 right now. Not sure what the deal is.
25 is probably the bottom of their range on Kira Lewis. There's just no way that NBA playoff teams start lining up to pass on a kid like that.

Paul Reed is in a different spot. That skillset he has, I feel like teams don't like to gamble big on players like that in the draft and prefer to pay them on their 2nd contracts when their sure they can produce consistently.

Just wanna say I used to hate on Jabari and praised TJ Warren as a lotto talent in the 2014 thread..

That was the draft Cy and the Aaron Gordon fanclub really tried to fight me tooth and nail over everything too(Including Zach LaVine which went catastrophically wrong for Cy in hindsight, he even at one point said LaVine should go undrafted and shouldnt be in the top-60..). If you look back I had a lot of the gems pegged as favorites.. Dinwiddie was a player I talked about here for years.. I was a big Jordan Clarkson, and also Dwight Powell fan.. Swore up and down Jerami Grant was a 1st rd talent, and a better value than Aaron Gordon. always liked Capela and Bogdanovic too.

and tbh a player i redflagged as an obvious dud, Adreian Payne who some thought was lottery-bound, fizzled out rather quietly..

Last edited:
Just learning who these people are for the first time. But I would definitely want precious over Poku.

You're assuming that Precious learns how to dribble, pass and shoot? Or...

I think Precious is mostly a defensive 4/5 in today's league. I could see the T'wolves draft him to play next to Towns or maybe the Celtics to play him at the 5.

Last edited:
You're assuming that Precious learns how to dribble, pass and shoot? Or...

I think Precious is mostly a defensive 4/5 in today's league. I could see the T'wolves draft him to play next to Towns or maybe the Celtics to play him at the 5.
Defensive stopper with size intrigues me more than lanky overseas guy with a crappy % even in Euroleague.

I don’t expect you to engage with me. I have done no homework at all. I would just always choose the Precious archetype over the Poku one.

Poku (the potential at least) doesn't really have an archetype imo. There's nobody his size in the league (maybe in the world) that moves like he does coming around screens and whatnot.

Poku (the potential at least) doesn't really have an archetype imo. There's nobody his size in the league (maybe in the world) that moves like he does coming around screens and whatnot.

I think he's like Keith Van Horn with some of Chandler Parson's handle and passing game. What's rare is that he's a 7-footer with a handle who attacks and plays downhill. There's a question about how much of that really translates to the pros, or how much of that a team would want him to do in a game, but a team has to look at that potential.

Point Center. Mobile Jokic.