What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

I understand Hampton being a good value pick if available at 23. But his FT% worries me as far as developing a jumper and he doesn't really have the size we should be looking for.

Barely taller than Donovan with a smaller wingspan.

In that Ringer mock Tyler Bey went a few picks later, and I'd prefer him even with less upside.

Not that it matters, but I think the prospect with the highest floor plus one of the highest ceilings is Isaac Okoro. Offensively, he's like Corey Magette. Defensively, he's like Mario Elie. If he learns to shoot, he's an All Star.
Hes not like Maggette on offense. Hes extremely unnatural on that end and highly uncomfortable.

At best he takes some kind of Jimmy Butler development path, but its going to be through a lot of hardwork.

I understand Hampton being a good value pick if available at 23. But his FT% worries me as far as developing a jumper and he doesn't really have the size we should be looking for.

Barely taller than Donovan with a smaller wingspan.

In that Ringer mock Tyler Bey went a few picks later, and I'd prefer him even with less upside.
Honestly you sound like you dont know what youre talking about.. This post ranks high on the disillusionment scale.. RJ Hampton doesnt have the size? size for what? what position do you think he is?

Nice video on Patrick Williams. Out of our normal range, but still would be a great pick for the Jazz if they can move up.

I'm actually starting to like quite a few prospects in our range... only a few I don't like which means we likely take one of them... so I am prepared for the Nico Mannion, Tre Jones, or "boring center with great advanced numbers but not able to defend the paint or shoot" pick.

I have a hard time thinking guys like Woodard and Bey won't at least be rotation players in the league. There are some interesting guys like Terry and even McDaniels that could be higher upside guys I could talk myself into.

Is shooting the main reason Robert Woodard II isn't ranked higher ?
I've been on here saying Woodard is underrated since 2016 so I dont wanna undermine that whole point but I guess the answer to your question is yes, just because if he was a stronger shooter surely he'd be closer to the lottery...

Robert Woodard is, and has been for many many years, a well-rounded player... reports on him way back from Team USA is where I first realized he was gonna be legit..

generally speaking tho I'd say Woodard isn't ranked higher just because he's lacking polish.. that MSU team was a mess from top to bottom.. one could make a strong argument he didnt have the best cast to showcase his skills... probably was stuck doing a bit too much dirty work...

I wouldnt be surprised if Woodard ends up out of utah's reach.. I feel like he could make a strong impression on teams in workouts

Anyone else feel like Saddiq Bey could be a faller? Seems like someone the commentariat/draft nerds like more than teams. I see him in the late lottery in a lot of mocks.

Anyone else feel like Saddiq Bey could be a faller? Seems like someone the commentariat/draft nerds like more than teams. I see him in the late lottery in a lot of mocks.
He could but I doubt he falls out of the teens. Wing from a good program... might go late lotto because of those two things alone.

Is James Wiseman not the consensus number 1 pick because GMs don't want to take a big that high? Ball and Edwards have a ton of flaws and I think Wiseman could end up being a bit of a unicorn. The shot has promise. I get that he hasn't figured out the complexities of defense yet but good hell he's got physical tools, athleticism and skill. The stuff I've read says he's a good worker and a good kid.

If we did have to move Rudy I hope getting Wiseman would be part of that transaction.

If his shooting comes together, he could be like a slightly bigger Chris Bosh. If his shooting doesn't come together, then he's like a Deandre Jordan.

I really like Xavier Tillman... think he could be a nice backup center and give us a little different look. Might be able to develop that jumper a bit. Not sure he lasts into the second round... I’d take him at 23 but would love him in the second. Would require us to acquire a pick in that 30-45 range.

How does that pee wee league allow that kid to play with those other kids. When I played if you were not a certain weight you moved up a class. That kid is light years physically ahead of those kids. When I was 10 i was too big for my age group so I played with 11-13 year boys. I would have killed some kid in my age group. I would also be upset if the Jazz passed on RJ Hampton at 23. I have like him for a while and he was the main reason why I was pissed the Jazz lost the coin toss.

I really like Xavier Tillman... think he could be a nice backup center and give us a little different look. Might be able to develop that jumper a bit. Not sure he lasts into the second round... I’d take him at 23 but would love him in the second. Would require us to acquire a pick in that 30-45 range.
Xavier Tillman is just such a "oh we settled for ____"plain/vanilla/blah type of pick IMO, at 23 a la Grayson Allen... I truly believe utah should have its sights set higher... Tillman is destined to be a backup or 3rd stringer.. I feel like utah is far from an ideal spot for Tillman too cuz that'd pretty much seal his fate...

He doesn't warrant being selected that high... Especially like, lets see his combine numbers first(we wont get them I guess, the combine is gonna be scuffed this year... ), i cant stress this enough I cuz I bet those combine #'s would cause some second guessing around here... I dont think he's that athletic, at all, he's always looked rather anchored to the ground to me......

I know it sounds bizarre because its not the same position but look around in these playoffs... big strong 240lb forwards are getting the job done (not all the time but enough where mostly its viable), taking Tillman over Robert Woodard, I just dont see how it makes sense... Utah needs to be fishing for players who can possibly give them a few years of major performance (starter-quality) for cheap.. Tillman is not that guy, he's a Malik Rose type of solid-rotation guy..

Hampton is a much, much better prospect than Exum. He has an athletic presence and swagger that few players have--almost like John Wall or Russell Westbrook. He has better handle, body control and timing with the ball than Exum. He's a much better finisher at the rim. He has the potential to be an elite slasher and a solid defender, and I think the shot will happen eventually. He just isn't a point guard.

I think he's easily a lottery talent in this draft. Unless he has real problems with awareness/IQ and work ethic, I don't think there's anyway he really busts. A year ago, he was considered by many to be a top-5 range prospect in this class.
Exum was a better prospect. Faster with more size. You're using a lot of hindsight