What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

Sissoko should be solid but he’s kind of limited skill wise. Probably just a rim runner at the next level.

What a horrible injury to Ayo Dosunmu last night... reminds me of Edmond Sumner few years back.. IDK how he's gonna get drafted now.

none of the wasatch kids that went to these big schools has done anything in college. All average like 4-5 ppg. Kind of interesting.

Tristan Enaura should have a much better season next year at Kansas. He's got 1st rd talent IMO, just needs to strengthen up.

Sissoko is ok but MSU's frontcourt should be packed again next year and he'll probably get squeezed for minutes.

The kid you wanna keep an eye on at Wasatch is the 5-star PG Richard 'Ricky' Isaacs..

Oh also former 5-star from Wasatch, Emmanuel Akot, is sitting out x-ferring to Boise St this season. Really hope he can close his college career with a bang. Though his stock has obviously plummeted already.

Last edited:

This kid is already one of my favorites simply for wearing John Stockton shorts.

Kuminga's expected to reclassify up and challenge for the top pick in 2021. He started his HS career around my way. He's particularly impossible to guard on the fastbreak..

Obviously, as you can see in this video, it's kind of absurd for him to be playing against kids his own age... College even seems silly IMO.. He's one of those kids that makes the 1-n-done rule look dumb..

If he was eligible for this draft he'd probably go #1...

Sam Vecenie put out a new mock draft. Let me know if there's anyone y'all are curious about

24. Utah Jazz

Zeke Nnaji | 6-10 forward/center | 18 years old, freshman | Arizona

Nnaji remains a remarkably productive big man with great fluidity and touch around the basket. He’s averaging 16.2 points and 8.9 rebounds on the season while shooting over 60 percent from the field. And even in Pac-12 play, he’s still ripping down 15-point, 10-rebound appearances even if the efficiency has dropped a bit. He moves his feet well on the perimeter, and he has some potential to shoot.

However, what teams keep asking me is simply: “What is his NBA role?” He’s an undersized center who is skinny and probably isn’t a good enough rim protector to play the 5 consistently. However, can he develop enough of a perimeter game on offense to become a legitimate option at the 4? He’s a bit of a tweener. Still, the Jazz seem like a team that could actually value this, because they basically have true centers and true wings on the roster. They might be able to use a player like Nnaji who can connect the rest of the roster a bit. I’d put his draft range somewhere in the post-lottery to No. 35 area.

Cy mentioned Wieskamp and Perry

45. Boston Celtics (via BKN)
Joe Wieskamp | 6-7 forward | 20 years old, sophomore | Iowa

Over the last two months, Wieskamp has been arguably the most underrated player in college basketball, and maybe the most underrated draft prospect in the country. In that time, he’s averaging 18.3 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.8 assists while shooting over 48 percent from the field and 39 percent from 3. And at 6-foot-7 with real wing size, there’s reason to buy into him as an awesome floor-spacer at the next level. I expect him to be a draft riser over the course of the next month, especially if Iowa makes an NCAA Tournament run with him and likely Euro basketball star Luka Garza.

57. Charlotte Hornets (via BOS)
Reggie Perry | 6-10 center | 19 years old, sophomore | Mississippi State
Perry was good at both the G League Combine and the NBA Combine last year, and then went to the U19 World Cup this summer and won the MVP by averaging 17 points. All he’s done this year is something similar, averaging 17 points and 10 rebounds with over a block and a steal per night. He’s in the running for SEC Player of the Year. So why is he lower on the board for teams? NBA teams just aren’t sure what position he is. Because he’s not a shooter, it’s going to be tough to play him at the 4. However, he’s not quite big/long enough to be a true rim protector and interior presence. He is a potential backup big man who will need to keep developing the jumper to stick, even if he’s this productive.

Recent ESPN Insider mock has us taking Robert Woodard at 24. He was #43 on Sam Vecenie's recent mock.

A guy that might be worth our lousy 2nd round pick or brought to summer league as undrafted is Justian Jessup a 6'7" wing from Boise State. A scout at the SDSU game called him "Perhaps the next Kyle Korver." He dropped 22 on SDSU the No. 4 ramked team with 5-10 from 3.

A guy that might be worth our lousy 2nd round pick or brought to summer league as undrafted is Justian Jessup a 6'7" wing from Boise State. A scout at the SDSU game called him "Perhaps the next Kyle Korver." He dropped 22 on SDSU the No. 4 ramked team with 5-10 from 3.

Do we have a 2nd round pick or did it get traded?

Tre Jones is such a Jazz pick. I hate it
Still seeing a lot of Tre Jones in different mocks. Does indeed feel like a typical Jazz pick. Gives me Jacque Vaughn vibes. His scouting report should make the Conley haters happy:

'Jones took another year of college to develop his outside jump shot which was very inconsistent. Other than his shaky jumper his game is all around and can be seen crashing the boards, getting the ball up quickly and making the right plays. He is expected to be a shorter version of Delon Wright but if he gains a very much needed outside game, he has the potential to be like Mike Conley.'

Started looking at the draft a bit... there are lots of interesting guys... will be curious to see what happens as draft boards kinda narrow in... seem to be all over the place right now.

Even with the two we got for Favors?

I don't think that kicks in this year, maybe next year. Our 2nd rd this year went to Dallas but was then traded to Golden St.

Our 1st rd pick is protected 1-7 and 15-30. If it doesn't convey, it'll probably turn into 2 2nd rd picks several years later.

Still seeing a lot of Tre Jones in different mocks. Does indeed feel like a typical Jazz pick. Gives me Jacque Vaughn vibes. His scouting report should make the Conley haters happy:

'Jones took another year of college to develop his outside jump shot which was very inconsistent. Other than his shaky jumper his game is all around and can be seen crashing the boards, getting the ball up quickly and making the right plays. He is expected to be a shorter version of Delon Wright but if he gains a very much needed outside game, he has the potential to be like Mike Conley.'

Jacque Vaughn is a great comparison IMO. They're sneaky-crafty getting to the rack.

Jacque Vaughn is a great comparison IMO. They're sneaky-crafty getting to the rack.
Unfortunately they're also comparable in that they can't really shoot. I'd be fine with Tre Jones if he'd be a better shooter (but then he'd be a higher pick). He may get better, but there's not a lot of minutes in the league for a guard that can't shoot (and isn't Russell Westbrook or Demar Derozan).