What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

Who are the guys that you believe in to actually be rotation guys in the NBA?

I'm still working on my list but these guys are on it for sure...

Anthony Edwards
Onyeka Okongwu
James Wiseman
Devin Vassell
Isaac Okoro
Obi Toppin
Jalen Smith
Paul Reed
Precious Achiuwa
Grant Riller
Elijah Hughes
Devon Dotson

You mean guys who have a high enough floor that they are surefire rotation players?

Tyrese Haliburton
Killian Hayes
Patrick Williams
Aaron Nesmith
Saddiq Bey
Tre Jones
Theo Maledon
Tyler Bey
Jahmius Ramsey
Desmond Bane
Jordan Nwora
Corey Kispert
probably Zeke Nnaji
I like Reggie Perry too, but not everyone agrees with me.

I'm confident in those guys playing meaningful minutes. They're more or less ready for the league right now.

I also believe in the other guys in my signature, though they're probably not going to do much in their first 1 - 2 seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: SCS
You mean guys who have a high enough floor that they are surefire rotation players?

Tyrese Haliburton
Killian Hayes
Patrick Williams
Aaron Nesmith
Saddiq Bey
Tre Jones
Theo Maledon
Tyler Bey
Jahmius Ramsey
Desmond Bane
Jordan Nwora
Corey Kispert
probably Zeke Nnaji
I like Reggie Perry too, but not everyone agrees with me.

I'm confident in those guys playing meaningful minutes. They're more or less ready for the league right now.

I also believe in the other guys in my signature, though they're probably not going to do much in their first 1 - 2 seasons.

Our lists are completely different lol.

I almost had Tre on mine. Probably should add him. His on ball defense is great. It's hard to imagine him not sticking as a backup PG unless he just can't knock down a shot.

I'm almost there with Bane too. My only pause is that I don't buy his shot *as much* as some other people do. He's a good shooter no doubt but he has a low elevation/low release which is gonna be a little bit harder to get off in the NBA. I think he's gonna be a 36/37% shooter which is fine but I'd need more to lock him in because I think he'll be reliant on the shot to succeed.

I'm kind of out on Ramsey. I just don't buy his shot at all. That thing is a line drive with no touch. His off ball D is bad too. And he's smallish for a wing.

I like Nnaji too. He's somebody we haven't talked about much. He's got a high motor. Soft touch/shooting potential.

I see a bunch of people that like Theo Maledon and Tyrese Maxey a lot. I just can't get there with either personally. I don't really see a high ceiling or a high floor with either.

Deni Avdija is another one I should probably add to my list. His combination of passing, rebounding, size, work ethic should help him stick. Great team defender too. I don't buy the shot but he does other things well enough.

Our lists are completely different lol.

I almost had Tre on mine. Probably should add him. His on ball defense is great. It's hard to imagine him not sticking as a backup PG unless he just can't knock down a shot.

I'm almost there with Bane too. My only pause is that I don't buy his shot *as much* as some other people do. He's a good shooter no doubt but he has a low elevation/low release which is gonna be a little bit harder to get off in the NBA. I think he's gonna be a 36/37% shooter which is fine but I'd need more to lock him in because I think he'll be reliant on the shot to succeed.

I'm kind of out on Ramsey. I just don't buy his shot at all. That thing is a line drive with no touch. His off ball D is bad too. And he's smallish for a wing.

I like Nnaji too. He's somebody we haven't talked about much. He's got a high motor. Soft touch/shooting potential.

I see a bunch of people that like Theo Maledon and Tyrese Maxey a lot. I just can't get there with either personally. I don't really see a high ceiling or a high floor with either.

I agree with your list too for the most part. I was just adding to your list. There are a bunch of quality rotation players in this draft, pretty much through the mid 2nd round. There just aren't many players with bonafide star potential.

Reactions: SCS
I'll list some players here that I think could have real star potential, even if they also have a low floor or bust potential. If I were the Jazz, these are the guys I'd want to draft.

James Wiseman: could be prime Deandre Jordan, but needs good coaching and a PG to set him up
Anthony Edwards: He could be great, or he could be Shabazz Muhammad. It's hard to tell.
Killian Hayes: could be like D'Angelo Russell with better driving skills, but needs to become a better shot maker to open up his game
Obi Toppin: could be the PF version of Karl Anthony Towns, just a force offensively
Tyrese Haliburton: could be the next SGA
Isaac Okoro: multi-positional defender who slashes like Corey Magette
Devin Vassell: could score like Allan Houston and defend like Rip Hamilton
RJ Hampton: could be like 80% of John Wall, but needs to learn how to lead a team and it's not clear that he'll get there
Patrick Williams: could be an All Star wing like Jimmy Butler
Aleksej Pokusevski: could be like Keith Van Horn with a better handle and passing, but needs 20+ lbs.
Tyrese Maxey: Could be a slightly more athletic Coby White if he shoots consistently
Aaron Nesmith: Could be Buddy Hield with a touch more driving ability
Jaden McDaniels: Has the raw talent to be like 80% of Paul George, but has a ton of work to do across the board; a middling scenario for him could be something like Kelly Oubre. He could also bust.
Leandro Bolmaro: Could be Gordon Hayward-meets-Ricky Rubio, but needs to fill out his body and settle on a shooting motion to make it consistent.
Paul Reed: Could be like Josh Smith with more IQ and playmaking, but needs to fix his shot.
Corey Kispert: He's pretty much Joe Harris already, but he could be more than that. He might get drafted higher than you think.

Last edited:
I agree with your list too for the most part. I was just adding to your list. There are a bunch of quality rotation players in this draft, pretty much through the mid 2nd round. There just aren't many players with bonafide star potential.

Yeah I agree

Chris Smith is a guy who keeps moving up my board the more that I watch. He's a big wing who has shown improvement every year at UCLA. He still needs some development time to his all around game but the scoring potential is nice. He dropped 30 on Colorado and was defended by Tyler Bey most of the game.

Last edited:
Chris Smith is a guy who keeps moving up my board the more that I watch. He's a big wing who has shown improvement every year at UCLA. He still needs some development time to his all around game bit the scoring potential is nice. He dropped 30 on Colorado and was defended by Tyler Bey most of the game.

Isn't he going back to school?

I think I would have Hayes and Pokusevski on top of that list tbh. Idk maybe Avdija 2 ahead of Poku. Depending on the day and how frisky I'm feeling about Poku

I havent looked at the prospects much but Jalen Smith is a guy who I think just looks like a NBA player that could be available when we pick.

KSL and the Deseret News have BYU's Yoeli Childs 6'8" 225 lbs as a second round pick. He had great numbers at the Y except for free throw percentage.

Another possible UDFA target for the Jazz... Nathan Knight out of William and Mary. 6'10, 253 pound Senior. Averaged 20.7 PPG and 10.5 RPG this year on 52.4% from the field, 30.5% from 3, 77.3% from the line.

I havent looked at the prospects much but Jalen Smith is a guy who I think just looks like a NBA player that could be available when we pick.

I like him. He'd be a great value at 24. I think he's likely a pure 5 and I think we need a big thats more versatile personally. But in terms of value it would be a nice pick imo.

Justinian Jessup might not get drafted. He can really shoot it and is 6'7. 40.8% from 3 on volume over 4 seasons. 83% from the FT line over 4 seasons (95.9% this season). I could see him getting a two way.

Another possible UDFA target for the Jazz... Nathan Knight out of William and Mary. 6'10, 253 pound Senior. Averaged 20.7 PPG and 10.5 RPG this year on 52.4% from the field, 30.5% from 3, 77.3% from the line.

I've actually been posting about NAthan Knight for many years here. Ima big fan, he seems to be getting into the right shape too.

Chris Smith is a guy who keeps moving up my board the more that I watch. He's a big wing who has shown improvement every year at UCLA. He still needs some development time to his all around game but the scoring potential is nice. He dropped 30 on Colorado and was defended by Tyler Bey most of the game.

big fan of chris smith! nba player for sure.