What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

Josh Green doesnt get enough pub around here. He'd be a great pick, way way way better than Grayson Allen.

DL said he wants to get more athletes around Mitchell and Gobert... Green fits the bill with ease...

With all the hype about our player development coaches, it'd be a major facepalm if we pass on someone like Hampton (I'd say 50/50 he drops to 23) or Cole Anthony (very unlikely he falls to us) for another Greyson Allen type of pick. Wouldn't be surprised if Denver takes Hampton right before we pick. Good think we beat San Antonio the last game of the season... I think we have to swing for the fences this time.

Josh Green doesnt get enough pub around here. He'd be a great pick, way way way better than Grayson Allen.

DL said he wants to get more athletes around Mitchell and Gobert... Green fits the bill with ease...

I really like him too. Seems like he'll be one of those guys who rises out of our range before the draft though.

Is James Wiseman not the consensus number 1 pick because GMs don't want to take a big that high? Ball and Edwards have a ton of flaws and I think Wiseman could end up being a bit of a unicorn. The shot has promise. I get that he hasn't figured out the complexities of defense yet but good hell he's got physical tools, athleticism and skill. The stuff I've read says he's a good worker and a good kid.

If we did have to move Rudy I hope getting Wiseman would be part of that transaction.

New video of one of my favorite 2nd round guys. High chance he doesnt make it, but he's a really unique player who plays with a lot of creativity. His shooting is pretty horrendous and he's just an overall unpolished player due to how wild he plays. A lot of defensive potential and if he can shoot it he would be a very good fit in Utah.

This guy would be my homer pick if we ever did one. Just the way he attack spaces is would fit Quin's advtantage basketball so much. Just play him with Mitch or Bogey at all times.

Is James Wiseman not the consensus number 1 pick because GMs don't want to take a big that high? Ball and Edwards have a ton of flaws and I think Wiseman could end up being a bit of a unicorn. The shot has promise. I get that he hasn't figured out the complexities of defense yet but good hell he's got physical tools, athleticism and skill. The stuff I've read says he's a good worker and a good kid.

If we did have to move Rudy I hope getting Wiseman would be part of that transaction.

Because in the modern NBA if you arent exceptionally talented offensively or defensively you arent really worthy of a high pick as a center.

A guy like Hassan Whiteside is maybe the most physically talented center in the NBA, yet he sucks ***. A lot of it is about mental makeup and playing smart.

Wiseman's negatives are that he hunt blocks, has poor footwork, and has poor defensive awareness. Teams might be scared to draft him really high after only 3 college games when they didnt get to see how he worked on those things.

Some might prefer a guy like Onyeka (or however you spell his name) because he shows a higher defensive IQ and commitment on that end with a willingness to fill a role.

Last edited:
Because in the modern NBA if you arent exceptionally talented offensively or defensively you arent really worthy of a high pick as a center.

A guy like Hassan Whiteside is maybe the most physically talented center in the NBA, yet he sucks ***. A lot of it is about mental makeup and playing smart.

Wiseman's negatives are that he hunt blocks, has poor footwork, and has poor defensive awareness. Teams might be scared to draft him really high after only 3 college games when they didnt get to see how he worked on those things.

Some might prefer a guy like Onyeka (or however you spell his name) because he shows a higher defensive IQ and commitment on that end with a willingness to fill a role.
I’ve seen him compared to a high motor version of whiteside... but his jumper also looks solid. If I got a high motor whiteside that’s pretty good in this draft imo. If he also he could also shoot and hit a turnaround jumper that’s an all star. I just think some of those guys have a low floor... James seems like he has a solid floor, would be shocked if he isn’t a solid starting center, and has some good upside too. I get why Minny wouldn’t take him but outside of the wolves I’d think he’d be at the top of everyone’s boards.

I’ve seen him compared to a high motor version of whiteside... but his jumper also looks solid. If I got a high motor whiteside that’s pretty good in this draft imo. If he also he could also shoot and hit a turnaround jumper that’s an all star. I just think some of those guys have a low floor... James seems like he has a solid floor, would be shocked if he isn’t a solid starting center, and has some good upside too. I get why Minny wouldn’t take him but outside of the wolves I’d think he’d be at the top of everyone’s boards.
You've read different stuff than me then. He's said to have an inconsistent motor through sites like The Stepien and The Ringer. Also says he has bad shot selection (ie unwillingness to play in his role).

I think the fear with Wiseman is that you're getting a guy who wants to be a PF instead of doing the things that centers have to do in the modern NBA to be great.

You've read different stuff than me then. He's said to have an inconsistent motor through sites like The Stepien and The Ringer. Also says he has bad shot selection (ie unwillingness to play in his role).

I think the fear with Wiseman is that you're getting a guy who wants to be a PF instead of doing the things that centers have to do in the modern NBA to be great.
The ringer comped him as a high energy whiteside... and said he has a high motor, but it was in reference to chasing rebounds.

He has some warts but it isn't like they are things you can't work with. The warts with Ball and Edwards would be much more concerning to me.

The ringer comped him as a high energy whiteside... and said he has a high motor, but it was in reference to chasing rebounds.

He has some warts but it isn't like they are things you can't work with. The warts with Ball and Edwards would be much more concerning to me.

They do those dumb blurbs just for fun, that or they are just basing it off 3 games. When they actually wrote about him they called it an inconsistent motor.

They do those dumb blurbs just for fun, that or they are just basing it off 3 games. When they actually wrote about him they called it an inconsistent motor.
I just think a lot of the things he gets knocked for are things I'd expect almost every 18 year old to get knocked for. Shot selection and chasing blocks when you are the All American HS player are understandable. Most coaches will cater to the kid. The small college sample isn't big enough to make a huge judgements.

Wish we had like 15 games in college to judge him a bit more... he reminds me of DeAndre Ayton... if he figures it out it could be really good, but if he doesn't I think he's still pretty productive albeit at a position that is deep. Ball and Edwards would terrify me in the top 3.

I just think a lot of the things he gets knocked for are things I'd expect almost every 18 year old to get knocked for. Shot selection and chasing blocks when you are the All American HS player are understandable. Most coaches will cater to the kid. The small college sample isn't big enough to make a huge judgements.

Wish we had like 15 games in college to judge him a bit more... he reminds me of DeAndre Ayton... if he figures it out it could be really good, but if he doesn't I think he's still pretty productive albeit at a position that is deep. Ball and Edwards would terrify me in the top 3.
I mean, if you want to draft someone just based on physical potential alone, then go for it. Im just telling you why he isnt consensus #1.

I would be very upset if the Jazz passed on Hampton at 23. One of the higher potential players in the draft to my eye.

Too much Dante PTSD to take him. Looks just like him. Plays faster and looks more fearless and doesn’t look awkward but every time I see him I’d see Dante... IDK I guess at 23 you don’t find a lot of guys with big upside.

Hampton is a much, much better prospect than Exum. He has an athletic presence and swagger that few players have--almost like John Wall or Russell Westbrook. He has better handle, body control and timing with the ball than Exum. He's a much better finisher at the rim. He has the potential to be an elite slasher and a solid defender, and I think the shot will happen eventually. He just isn't a point guard.

I think he's easily a lottery talent in this draft. Unless he has real problems with awareness/IQ and work ethic, I don't think there's anyway he really busts. A year ago, he was considered by many to be a top-5 range prospect in this class.

Last edited:
Hampton is a much, much better prospect than Exum. He has an athletic presence and swagger that few players have--think John Wall or Russell Westbrook. He has better handle, body control and timing with the ball than Exum. He has the potential to be an elite slasher and a solid defender, and I think the shot will happen eventually. He just isn't a point guard.

I think he's easily a lottery talent in this draft. Unless he has real problems with awareness/IQ and work ethic, I don't think there's anyway he really busts.
His face looks like Dante's face and I don't know if I could get past it.

You draft him for his measurables, athleticism and the fact that he's shown some handle and shooting. He should at least be able to be a high-level rebounder (like Deandre Jordan and Hassan Whiteside), and he has good enough hands to catch the ball and finish on rolls. He's not quite as long as Rudy, but he's more explosive vertically. He thinks he'll be able to play out on the floor and face up like Chris Bosh.

The thing you worry about with Wiseman is whether he has half the competitive drive that Rudy has. Does he want to dominate the league, or does he just want to show up and be like Deandre Jordan and Andre Drummond. He'll make a lot of money either way.

Last edited:
Not that it matters, but I think the prospect with the highest floor plus one of the highest ceilings is Isaac Okoro. Offensively, he's like Corey Magette. Defensively, he's like Mario Elie. If he learns to shoot, he's an All Star.