What's new

Following Potential 2020 draftees

I wanna speak on a certain type of player who gets 0 pub in these threads. There are players who seem to be draftable when you look on the court, but once you start to investigate further they seem like, for lack of a better term, morons...

This is why I still will never drop Cy's Evaluation of 18 year old Zach LaVine, because he was trying to frame the narrative that 18 year old Zach LaVine was one of these types of morons(and wouldnt take him at the bottom of the 2nd rd because of it). dismissed him as 'an and-1 player'

Id go as far as saying that at a BARE MINIMUM there's at least 5 guys like this going into every draft.

Lemme name 2 names that all hardcore NBA fans now know ----- Daniel House Jr and Kendrick Nunn...

House is a player I used to sit here and vouch for as someone who's not getting drafted but is good enough to, to me the deciding factor in him having little to no draft value was that he was very old.. and I still feel like that was the correct evaluation, he's an NBA player afterall. Big strong athletic player. I used to call players in his mold "warlord wings" and he's one of those after-all. He just seemed like solid value to me at the end of the draft.

Last edited:
Daniel House getting kicked out of the bubble for sneaking a woman into his hotel room while he's got a wife and kids at home

Thats one of those moments where I go "Ah HA!!!!! Now I understand!!!! He didnt get drafted because teams knew he was a moron!"

Last edited:
again with the Kendrick Nunn example, for those not in the know, he was dismissed from Illinos after being arrested for Domestic Battery.Which he later pleaded guilty to.

Back when I first brought him up here as a possible 2nd rd draft pick, that might just be underrated because he's 6'3" and not 6'4 or 6'5 (which is how i used to fram eit) that was actually before the incident... so actually i was rather on the money with him...

Last edited:
Lettuce not forget the story of 22 year old Jullian Jones, mother of 4, who was murdered by former first rd pick Javaris Crittenton.

Crittenton didnt even mean to murder her, or so the story goes, he was trying to retaliate against people who robbed him in 2011.

Users here like @JazzyBelle harass me over my evaluations, these teams with all these millions and all these experienced talent evaluators picked a future murderer, handed him guaranteed millions ... Did I ever do that? why are you harrasing me with your weak *** ad hominems? I'm here to talk basketball.

Thats how difficult this whole process is, The Lakers when they drafted Javaris Crittenton --- you think they had visions of murder in mind? or was it they were hoping they could get a 6'5 pg/sg?

choose my very worst evaluation i've ever posted on this site... It still pales in comparison to the LAKERS picking a future murderer 19th in the 2007 draft... does it not?

people throw around best/worst-case scenarios all the time... those worst case scenarios are far far far weaker than something like Javaris Crittenton ---- now thats a solid candidate for a worst case scenario... If you draft someone cuz u think they can shoot, and it turns out they can't, is that really a worst case scenario? no.

Last edited:
Y'all know the story of Aaron Hernandez? That dude was on the Patriots a management team "filled with geniuses" who've been a step ahead of their competition for years, who dont sleep and slave over film day and night...... With an owner who solicits prostitutes at a local spa...

They drafted and groomed him.

I'm the ******* though right @JazzyBelle ? and these people who've reached the precipice are ones i should be getting whiplash in the neck over having to look so far up at their accomplishments...

But I ask you, how are these geniuses, multi-millionaire talent evaluator EXPERTS drafting murderers?

Last edited:
You might look at me and say how does this guy have time to make these posts and watch all this stuff... he must be lazy... LMAO.. I literally sleep 4-5 hours a day and am vastly more productive than you could even possibly wrap your mind around. I can complete projects in 18-24 months by myself that'd take a motivated team the same time, and honestly my **** is way better looking, way more style and my improvement is still rapid... my skills are very very very very valuable and scarce, but their not for sale... and there is no asking price.. i could never put a price on my dreams and i still got time to come here and talk ****. **** you.

Aaron Hernandez was always one of the hardest working players on any team he ever was on...

The hardest working people on this planet are probably stuck in some 3rd world country without plumbing, walking past crocodiles to get their kids some water.. the common delusion people have about hard-work these days is the funniest thing about getting old. oh how bitter everyone is when you dont play it safe, and take a gamble and it hits. Thats the moment where you realize your friends are not really your friends anymore because their now firmly jealous of you. George Carlin calls a certain type of guy a "daddy pleaser" said their very common in the sports culture, and it's true.. Those friends I had who spent their late teens and 20s being a daddy pleaser all still have 20 years of work to do, they do meaningless tiresome frustrating work that they hate, dressing up and sitting in traffic, surrounding themselves with people they hate. This board is obviously filled with miserable daddy pleasers just like that, and it explains why u dont know basketball like me, you were too busy following your parents instructions.

For what? for money? this money thats so ****ing simple to get? A smart man once said true wealth is never having to spend time with assholes.
I retired 4 years ago and only do what i love. Frank Sinatra once famously said the best form of revenge is massive success, and he wasnt lying.

Hard work though is how some of these DANGEROUS PSYCHOPATHS invade normal sections of life and keep their head to the pavement type of situation...

The actual answer to the question: How did these seemingly undisciplined maniacs fool these teams into handing them millions of guaranteed dollars? it's Hard work... The deceptions that easy... It turns out "smart" people are very very very easily fooled by hard-work... Especially when they can envision that hard work in concert with their greed (goals).... Its not much different than the mechanics of your average con-artist... Thats literally the moment of truth in the con, when you convince yourself "this guy is hard working, he knows better than me, It's a good idea to give him my money. Whats the risk really?"

Last edited:
If RJ Hampton, Tyrell Terry or Aleksej Pokusevski were on the board at #23, I'd draft one of them and not trade back.

At #27, I'd want Leandro Bolmaro, Jaden McDaniels, Tyler Bey or Paul Reed.

At #38, several guys would be in play for me, including Malachi Flynn, Reggie Perry, Elijah Hughes and maybe Jay Scrubb. Maybe Merrill is in that mix too.

Players projected to be available in the 27 range that I would be happy with:

Jaden McDaniel
Jahmi'us Ramsey
Leandro Balmero
Tyler Bey
Desmond Bane

At/around 38:

Paul Reed
Isaiah Joe
Jordan Nwora
Killian Tillie

Bey & Tillie are my dream scenario.

Still have no idea why you like Perry when he's a significantly worse prospect than Morgan or Brantley.

I like his size, offensive versatility and projectable role....assuming he's coachable and will play some defense. In terms of potential, I like him better than Eric Paschall last year.

I like his size, offensive versatility and projectable role....assuming he's coachable and will play some defense. In terms of potential, I like him better than Eric Paschall last year.
But he's a bad defender from a physical standpoint and a mental standpoint. The stuff you are projecting him to do is stuff he isnt even good at. He has super poor awareness. He's a guy who wants to be a playmaker, but just isnt.

I'm really into Tyrese Maxey as well. The height elitist will scoff at his pedestrian measurements (think he 6'3 w/ a 6'6 wingspan) for a combo guard, but he's the best on-ball guard defender in the class.

He had a super bad 3pt shooting season, but he was a good shooter before this year and he made 83% at the FT line. The consensus thought is that his release point is too low and that is what led to such bad shooting numbers against increased competition.

Doubt he falls to 23 because of the UK pedigree w/ the recent hype behind Herro and how all UK guards are hidden at UK.

Athletic new Mock has us taking McDaniels.

Most of the usually talked about targets were already gone at that point. McDaniels definitely intrigues me with the Jazz development staff.

Athletic new Mock has us taking McDaniels.

Most of the usually talked about targets were already gone at that point. McDaniels definitely intrigues me with the Jazz development staff.

It’s going to be a crapshoot no matter what. McD could bust, but has some skill.

It’s going to be a crapshoot no matter what. McD could bust, but has some skill.
I'd need to know the kid is a worker. Already has an uphill battle imo so I'd need to think he was up for the task.

There are like 12-15 guys I really like around our range. There are a couple that make my penis so soft... This feels like the Trey Lyles draft... I can't wait to spend a couple years turning Tre Jones into a competent backup pg.

Also, saw some stuff about more guys not being willing to take two-ways this year and that the G League may have an altered season or just basically no season... some of those second round picks could go for fairly cheap. Would think a second in a later draft and a little cash could net a pretty solid pick. Specifically the sixers have 21, 34, 36, 49, 58 and a coach that doesn't like playing rookies. Does a future second get you 34 or 36? What about Niang and a future second for 34/36?

I know Niang has many haters but he is a legit nba rotation player and has one of the most sought after skills in the league... shoots the piss out the three on a large volume of shots.

Kings have 35, 43, 52. Boston also likely consolidates some picks.

Ringer updated their stuff just now too.

Maxey to the Jazz.
I'd probably prefer Bey or Woodard, but I'd be excited about Maxey... just don't think we'd get a chance to see him this year unless Conley or JC are moved. I just like the chance at instant gratification on a pick showing some promise in their rookie year.

Anyone else intrigued by Mason Jones as a mid-late second round guy? Might end up undrafted. Has an interesting story in that he didn't start playing basketball until his senior year of high school. Not very athletic, but very productive and skilled.