What's new

Following Potential 2021 Draftees

Thon's Cousin MAkur Maker got a huge bump up the 247 rankings list, all the way up to #2 in the c/o2020. That means he's a far superior prospect than Thon. He's got a better frame too.

Also they bumped Ziaire Williams, who's one of the very best wings on the west coast, up to #6! I've been posting bout him here since he was like 40th..

Mark Williams a name to watch. Bout 6'10 or 6'11 with long arms and nice shotblocking potential. He's rated like 50th in the class right now but due for a big uptick and has bigtime potential...

Mark Williams is a legit 7-foot these days, and he's still very much a name to watch in this class. Despite being ranked around the 50's.

Jaden Springer deserves a shout. He is much better than I thought he was gonna be. Still 6'3", few years back, he was 6'3" and there was a claim that his doctor said he'd grow to 6'7", which seemed unlikely to me on the old eye test.

Nevertheless, this kid is good. He is a combo guard, but the way he's so strong and has a very nice handle does remind me, slightly, of Deron, who was obviously a true pg..

This kid is legit. 1st rd material for sure.

Spire's Isaiah JAckson IMO would be a spectacular fit next to Rudy. He is phenomenally athletic.

for a kid like this to be ranked 16th in the class, it speaks volumes..

Isaiah Todd is ranked 20th these days!!

** Todd's personality seems to rub ppl the wrong way, he is one of the top talents in this field but the rankings ppl appear to be actively trying to drop him as far as they can without it seeming too ridiculous.

While i'm flooding this thread, lemme give a 4-star shout out to 6'6" Earl Timberlake.

This kid is legit.

It's funny how disproportionate the hype will be for Makur and Thon Maker.. Makur is much better tho, it's not even close.

Lemme lodge a solid 4-star sleeper pick. #68 in Rivals rankings Ryan Kalkbrenner.

His arms are very long and his standing reach looks about 9'5" or more already... I bet he ends up 7'2 or 7'3"

Cade Cunningham is gonna go top-2 or 3 in this draft, possibly #1. Ben Simmons level talent, possibly better. He's a PG.

Oklahoma State just hired his brother as an ast coach...

This draftclass has a chance to have a truly special top-5.

My favorite 5 players in order are;

1a) Jalen Green - Worthy of being called a Phenom
1b) Isaiah Todd - Worthy of being called a Phenom

3) R.J. Hampton - I believe this kid is a rich mans Dante Exum btw

4) Jalen Suggs - Rich mans Monta Ellis/Austin Rivers fusion.. He's a true flamethrower and, he gets white hot.. Also a great quarterback..

5) Scottie Barnes - Epic Swiss Army Knife player.. This kid plays a victorious style of ball, he's both a warlord wing, and a floor general, he's quite honestly got some LeBron to his game. He's 6'7" well built with crazy long arms.

Don’t players usually get red hot? Or are you saying this kid is inefficient?

Don’t players usually get red hot? Or are you saying this kid is inefficient?
Players get red hot but someone like lets say Klay almost takes it to another level.. There are kids these years coming up that can really "get busy"

Classic NBA Jam style "On Fire", also known as "In the Zone", Prime Gilbert Arenas "Hibache" like when he dropped 60 on Kobes head.

That particular kid, Jallen Suggs has fallen a bit (from the top-10 to the teens), u made an old bump. This class, and players like Jalen Suggs, there's such a wealth of talent on wings 6'4"-6'6" that have been pushed down to the late-5star and early 4-star ranking --- there will be STARS from that group, for sure.The best guard fron Minnesota since Tyus, he's better than Tre easily.

Suggs is in that group but he is also more of a combo guard, he's also a 4-star ranked QB with major football scholarships... He's gonna play basketball tho, he'd be crazy not to. A pro for sure.

this draft is gonna be LOOOOOOOOOADED..

It seems the Jazz are gonna go for another win-now peice next year, but by 2021, it's probably back to finding a BPA project cuz there is gonna be some low-hanging fruit for sure.

Last edited:
There is another bigtime prospect from Minnesota in this class named Dawson Garcia 6'10 Stretch 4... This is just the type of skillset the Jazz would love to have here, next to rudy, obviously.

Players get red hot but someone like lets say Klay almost takes it to another level.. There are kids these years coming up that can really "get busy"

Classic NBA Jam style "On Fire", also known as "In the Zone", Prime Gilbert Arenas "Hibache" like when he dropped 60 on Kobes head.

That particular kid, Jallen Suggs has fallen a bit (from the top-10 to the teens), u made an old bump. This class, and players like Jalen Suggs, there's such a wealth of talent on wings 6'4"-6'6" that have been pushed down to the late-5star and early 4-star ranking --- there will be STARS from that group, for sure.The best guard fron Minnesota since Tyus, he's better than Tre easily.

Suggs is in that group but he is also more of a combo guard, he's also a 4-star ranked QB with major football scholarships... He's gonna play basketball tho, he'd be crazy not to. A pro for sure.

this draft is gonna be LOOOOOOOOOADED..

It seems the Jazz are gonna go for another win-now peice next year, but by 2021, it's probably back to finding a BPA project cuz there is gonna be some low-hanging fruit for sure.

How is the draft next year? Assuming we pick around 25, how is the class shaping up?

How is the draft next year? Assuming we pick around 25, how is the class shaping up?

There will be solidly polished 20 year old types on the board for utah that will be ready to crack the rotation no problem, which is actually what i think they'll be looking for.. I'd imagine Utah will want a SF in 2020 so you're again talking Jordan Nwora from Louisville, maybe a swingman like Marylands Aaron Wiggins or South Carolina's AJ Lawson.

U see the price of some of the picks in the 40's sold this year???? that 1st rd pick Utah holds is worth a whole lot more than when i first showed up here years ago talking bout 1st rd picks... thats for sure..

Once u start to venture into 2021 and beyond, the chances of players with true star power falling past the lottery seems to increase imo. there are some players with major firepowr on the horizon. 2020 has a select few guys that look like top-flight.

KEEP AN EYE ON 6'9" Wing Josh Hall.... This kid... Looks like a 1st rd pick to me... or he's got that sorta talent...

4star kid could be good... He's at least 6'4". soomewhere on the combo guard spectrum. interesting to see how he develops, nice touch around the rim good scorers insticnts.

6'4" PG Daishen "The Alaskan Assassin" Nix and 6'6" Jalen Terry (very explosive) who plays PG have surfaced in this class and are here to stay near the top of the rankings.

Even with Conley here those would be the very types of PG's i think that could still warrant being selected cuz their skillsets arent redundant at all, and they'd need plenty of polish..

6'4" PG Daishen "The Alaskan Assassin" Nix and 6'6" Jalen Terry (very explosive) who plays PG have surfaced in this class and are here to stay near the top of the rankings.

Even with Conley here those would be the very types of PG's i think that could still warrant being selected cuz their skillsets arent redundant at all, and they'd need plenty of polish..

Alaskan Assassin? Not cool. There was already one.