What's new

Following Potential 2022 Draftees

I just completely reject the idea that the fans would all of a sudden not support the product if they had a super young team around here.. n that if they sold assets like donovaN MITCHELL, gobert, and gordon hayward to other teams, to the highest bidder, when their trade value was peaking..

The type of scenarios i bring up, we'll never see anything close to them either, so people have an attitude of well its not gonna happen so im gonna pretend its a bad idea... meanwhile its the ****ing best idea possible..

You must snowball your assets to win the championship... I'm not the one who made it that way, thats just how it is.. The stakes are high... n Utah's F/O is like a child who becomes enamored with a shiny new toy for too long, and then they hold onto it long enough and overvalue it..

They coulda got a big return for Paul Millsap back in the day, they balked. They coulda got a monumental haul for Hayward, they balked, and hamstrung the franchise for the better part of a decade over it..

The cycle continues...

Lets say that on the night of the 2019 draft they traded Dononvan Mitchell to Cleveland for the rights to Darius Garland and other assets... THOSE ARE THE TYPES OF MOVES THAT WOULDA TAKEN THEM TO THE NEXT LEVEL... convince me otherwise...

instead they pay lame duck mike conley 200 million to drive this franchise to another 2nd round exit where they get stomped.. and Mitchell 200 mill.. In the scenario i just laid out you have Garland here on the 3rd year of his rookie deal... meaning u have a ****load of $$$$$ to pay for rental;s or to pay to clear other teams bad deals to take in more primo draft picks...

n the argument against that is "We'd lack an identity, we'd just be a placeholder" but thats what you've got right now(for 150mil per szn)!!!!! This is infact the "escape to victory" (terrible movie but its got Pele in it)

Ayton is better than Rudy... Devin Booker is better than Mitchell... CP3 better than Conley... U have a team sitting around basically hoping the competition gets injured, which is some sucker ****..

and while the Jazz sit around n hope the compeittion gets injured, the opposite is happeneing... Wiseman is gonna return... Klay Thompson is back.. It's fking half-assed plan theyve got here..

Look at 2 teams people sat around in these draftees threads cracking jokes at for years, The Grizzlies and the Cavaliers... Utah coulda been in a position like that.. they had the assets n chose to sit on their hands..

Look at the Raptors they went from 50 wins every season, they do a controlled burn.... and bounce right back... hows Utah's doggy paddle compete with that?

Look at the bulls with an average age of 26... after 4 pitiful losing seasons, and really when u inspect the roster u have DeRozan and Vucevic in their 30's but on relatively short deals, and then u have the core of the team thats between 20-26 and on buncha rooklie deals, plenty of flexibility.

and right Utah's big gamble pays off when it comes to them vs Denver, maybe, sorta, but only because Michael Porter Jr and Jamal Murray got injured... or they'd be looking up at them too...

and they are gonna get cleared soon, n we'll see how they can affect things...

Its just preposterous... the whole idea is like we're gonna surround our 2 stars with players that can shoot!!! Have you had a look around? all the good rosters have buncha players who can shoot...

It's like they didnt account for the landscape to change.. which is what i've been banging the drum about here for a long *** time, anyone could see it, it's a natural consequence of competition..... n morons line up trying to downplay all the drafts the Jazz didnt have picks or high picks in and then when its like Exum time they get enamored with Aaron Gordon, whos a glorified roleplayer as well..

I remmeber seeing Darius Garland when he was like 5'8" shooting the lights OUT, little *** kid he musta weighed 100 lbs, n thinking damn this kid would absolutely destroy me in a shooting competition, (n i can shoot the rock, and i can still dunk)..

The competition was always gonna get super duper thick for Utah, they needed to snowball the assets better, plain and simple, that was the only way to really compete...

you really think your gonna beat the best teams in the NBA with Bojan, and Mike Conley and Jordan CLarkson as your 3rd 4th and 5th fiddle? No... Your gonna get smacked in the 2nd rd..

You coulda maybe competed with teams from a decade ago like that, but the league has changed..

n paying Rudy and Mitchell 80 mil per season is preposterous as well.. your paying deep-run-playoff dollars for a regular season team... simple and plain... might as well go back to the drawing board..

Listen I always liked Rudy and Mitchell but not for those prices.. Mitchell is a 6'2" SG who shoots 34% Rudy is a richmans Tyson Chandler... who are you actually gonna beat like that?

Lets say a miracle happens and they make it out of the west.. Do you think Utah could even beat Philly in a series? Rudy is gonna outplay Embiid and Mitchell is gonna outplay Harden? Does that seem plausible to you?

whats gonna happen if they play the Bucks? their gonna put Bojan on Giannis? hows that gonna go?

Whats gonna happen if they run into the Nets in the finals? how can they possibly deal with a frontline of Ben Simmons and KD and Andre Drummond???

It just doesnt add up... This team is running on fumes, they shoulda snowballed assets a long time ago, they'd be in such a healthier spot, than having to rely on 6th man types to put up starter level performance vs bigtime players.