What's new

Following Potential 2025 Draftees

I dont like making pre-season declarations until I can see guys on as even level as possible, but I think it kind of is just a Flagg draft. Not that the other guys arent good to very good, but Flagg is the only player I'm confident in being a game changer. Bailey would be 2nd, but he also just seems like the classic disappointment Wiggins type (not fair to him, but just the vibe).

Right now if I had to guess my #2 (again, dont like doing this), I would say Egor Denim
See, I haven't even seen Egor Denim play. That's why I said early favorite about Edgecombe. A lot of basketball is yet to be played before the draft and I've got a lot of watching to do too..

My guess is we get 6 + all stars out of this draft, making it one of the goat draft classes.

There will be guys that disappoint throughout the season and other guys that rise up as well.

FWIW, this is the Flagg draft until it's not, but it's extremely easy for me to see one of the other guys taking the lead at some time this season. I definitely wouldn't bet on Flagg going number 1.
Agree 100% - this is a very good draft to tank in because of these reasons. We aren’t looking at a 14% of just one dude.

BTW here are Edgecombe's stats from the Olympic qualifyers:

4 games: 16.5 ppg, 5.5rpg, 3.8apg, 2spg, 0.5 bpg, 2.3 tov in 27.5mpg... shooting splits 57/39/81... His shot looks really pure to me. IMO he will be able to shoot it and shoot it in various different ways. He won't be just catch and shoot guy.

BTW here are Edgecombe's stats from the Olympic qualifyers:

4 games: 16.5 ppg, 5.5rpg, 3.8apg, 2spg, 0.5 bpg, 2.3 tov in 27.5mpg... shooting splits 57/39/81... His shot looks really pure to me. IMO he will be able to shoot it and shoot it in various different ways. He won't be just catch and shoot guy.

Extremely impressive. The highlights you posted show the variety of ways he was making shots as well.

This kid is special and he doesn't even turn 18 until August.

Agree 100% - this is a very good draft to tank in because of these reasons. We aren’t looking at a 14% of just one dude.

Yeah, I think you want to be bottom 3 in the NBA this year. That gives you a 67% chance of drafting top 5. By the end of the season there might be a top 7, so that would mean if you can get to a bottom 6 record you have a 75.7% chance of a top 7 guy. And that's probably my cutoff for the tank this year.

If we trade Lauri I'm looking for a bottom 3 record.
If we keep Lauri I'm looking for a bottom 6 record.

Yeah, I think you want to be bottom 3 in the NBA this year. That gives you a 67% chance of drafting top 5. By the end of the season there might be a top 7, so that would mean if you can get to a bottom 6 record you have a 75.7% chance of a top 7 guy. And that's probably my cutoff for the tank this year.

If we trade Lauri I'm looking for a bottom 3 record.
If we keep Lauri I'm looking for a bottom 6 record.
Bottom 3 or 4 regardless... figure out a way DA... with or without Lauri.

What's even more intriguing about this draft is just how young these guys will be as freshmen. Ace Bailey doesn't turn 18 until August and Cooper Flagg doesn't turn 18 until December so he is crazy young. Dylan Harper doesn't turn 19 until March. Nolan Traore doesn't turn 19 until May. Edgecome is the old man of the group turning 19 in July.

Top 2 is completely out of our hands. We can guarantee top 5, but at what cost?
3fd.jpg

lmao I just cant with these types of highlights since the Austin Rivers mixtape. They mean nothing.
Austin Rivers was an undersized sg with good athleticism. He was fun to watch but you could see the physical limitations. If you can't watch Bailey and see how special he could be then I really don't know what to say.

Austin Rivers was an undersized sg with good athleticism. He was fun to watch but you could see the physical limitations. If you can't watch Bailey and see how special he could be then I really don't know what to say.
lmao sure bud. Everyone and their mom watched the Rivers HS mixtape and thought he was going to be great until the Duke season happened.

I can do the same exercise with the Wiggins mixtapes pre-Kansas. They mean nothing. I can see Bailey is a long athletic kid, but that's about it, when watching these things. I know you are the captain hype train, so do you, but I'll wait.

Back