What's new

Following Potential 2025 Draftees

Maybe someone has already mentioned this but I just realized Hansen Yang is playing for the Chinese summer league team.

Yeesh, Egor in the 2nd round is wild.
Malauch at 30 for now also likely wild but I can see him sliding fast if he’s raw. The top of this draft is just so damn intriguing.

If I am guessing how the tiers start to shape up here... I'd guess

1- Cooper

2- Harper, Bailey, Edgecomb, Traore

3- Hugo

I could see Bailey and Hugo flipping spots. I get the feeling there are some Wiggins vibes with Bailey purely based on how some talk about him. It maybe more like Brandon Miller though were they didn't love the shot selection or whatever and in college things are different.

there are a lot of guys to like outside of the top 6 of course... 1 or 2 may pop.

If I am guessing how the tiers start to shape up here... I'd guess

1- Cooper

2- Harper, Bailey, Edgecomb, Traore

3- Hugo

I could see Bailey and Hugo flipping spots. I get the feeling there are some Wiggins vibes with Bailey purely based on how some talk about him. It maybe more like Brandon Miller though were they didn't love the shot selection or whatever and in college things are different.

there are a lot of guys to like outside of the top 6 of course... 1 or 2 may pop.
I can guarantee that the top 5 will not be chalk from what it has been for most pre-season hype. One of those 5 will really let down and someone outside it will really surprise

I feel like Harper and Bailey are going to have letdown seasons mostly due to the fact they chose Rutgers. I just don't understand these elite prospects not going to proven places with in place talent/coaching that will elevate them.

I'm probably missing someone obvious, but when was the last time top 5 guys went to a lackluster program and succeeded as a one and done?

Props to them if the succeed, but its such an unnecessary risk

I can guarantee that the top 5 will not be chalk from what it has been for most pre-season hype. One of those 5 will really let down and someone outside it will really surprise
Probably not. I do think those guys are all strong strong candidates to be top 6-7. Yes someone will jump up and likely someone disappoints. I just think top 7 ish will be abnormally strong this year.

I feel like Harper and Bailey are going to have letdown seasons mostly due to the fact they chose Rutgers. I just don't understand these elite prospects not going to proven places with in place talent/coaching that will elevate them.

I'm probably missing someone obvious, but when was the last time top 5 guys went to a lackluster program and succeeded as a one and done?
Agree... I think they could cannibalize each others production/volume as well. I'd guess Ace would be the one that potentially suffers but he does have physical tools advantage.

Agree... I think they could cannibalize each others production/volume as well. I'd guess Ace would be the one that potentially suffers but he does have physical tools advantage.

Speaking from watching Harper and Bailey playing literally twice, I think they will be fine. Harper goes hard no matter what and so he's always going to stand out and pop off the screen. Bailey is just so long and athletic that even if he doesn't put up crazy numbers, I can't imagine him falling too much.

I can see what Cy is saying though, and that's why it will be interesting how this college season plays out. I'm still bummed that Traore decided not to play for Gonzaga.

I mean, there will be plenty of touches for both because the team around them is terrible unless they got some nice transfer recruits I'm unaware of. Rutgers has one other top 100 recruit from last year's recruiting class and that's it.

Speaking from watching Harper and Bailey playing literally twice, I think they will be fine. Harper goes hard no matter what and so he's always going to stand out and pop off the screen. Bailey is just so long and athletic that even if he doesn't put up crazy numbers, I can't imagine him falling too much.

I can see what Cy is saying though, and that's why it will be interesting how this college season plays out. I'm still bummed that Traore decided not to play for Gonzaga.
Not suggesting they drop that far, but I wouldn't be shocked if both aren't consensus top 5 after the season is done.

I mean, there will be plenty of touches for both because the team around them is terrible unless they got some nice transfer recruits I'm unaware of. Rutgers has one other top 100 recruit from last year's recruiting class and that's it.
Right but guys can get lost in the morass that is college basketball and the season is short. Ace won't go Justin Edwards or whatever but just thinking of some of the guys who's production was a bit disappointing and its usually wings.

Harper and Traore also may slide a spot or two if teams at the top have established good young point guard prospects.

Right but guys can get lost in the morass that is college basketball and the season is short. Ace won't go Justin Edwards or whatever but just thinking of some of the guys who's production was a bit disappointing and its usually wings.
I don't think either will have bad production, but they might have terrible efficiency and lose a lot. They are both going to get a ton of shots.

Back