What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

Andy Larsen on The Weekly Run podcast said today is the first time he thinks it's more likely that the Jazz deal the pick over keeping it. Said that the trade to Memphis would probably involve pick 23 and a future heavily protected FRP that probably turns into 2 2nds.

Said the Jazz are rumored to really like Jordan Bone. Think he's a great athlete and underrated as a ball handler and playmaker/underrated compared to Admiral/Grant Williams. Said if he's there at 53, don't be surprised if the Jazz keep that pick and take him.

Atlanta has three 2nd-round picks and a total of six in this draft. They've said they don't want to take on more than three rookies. Do the math.

Philadelphia has four 2nd-round picks and a total of five in the draft. They'll probably stash a guy or two, but at least one of their picks should be attainable.

Give up Bradley or a future 2nd, and get a rotation player.

Bradley sucks, we should move him. We need another young blood that's more versatile, gamble on a draft stretch 4

Andy Larsen on The Weekly Run podcast said today is the first time he thinks it's more likely that the Jazz deal the pick over keeping it. Said that the trade to Memphis would probably involve pick 23 and a future heavily protected FRP that probably turns into 2 2nds.

Said the Jazz are rumored to really like Jordan Bone. Think he's a great athlete and underrated as a ball handler and playmaker/underrated compared to Admiral/Grant Williams. Said if he's there at 53, don't be surprised if the Jazz keep that pick and take him.

Tony Jones is saying the Jazz are trying to move the pick and it's on the table with Memphis.

Andy and the cohost also laughed at Tony “10 year pro” Bradley. Did DL say at some point that Bradley is a 10 year pro or something?

Darius Bazley, Grant Williams and Eric Paschall worked out against each other for Brooklyn today. They're in play for #27 and #31. Personally, I think Grant Williams would lose that battle.

Hope that helps to give you closure on Bazley.

Last edited:
If the Conley deal gets done and it involves 23 as expected, I wouldn't be surprised if we bought another second rounder. We would have a bunch of roster spots open.

Andy and the cohost also laughed at Tony “10 year pro” Bradley. Did DL say at some point that Bradley is a 10 year pro or something?

Tony Jones did, though I don't remember if that was public or private... hence the lack of explanation but also the laughs

Tony Jones did, though I don't remember if that was public or private... hence the lack of explanation but also the laughs

SMH just for that prediction I'm gonna go ask Tony on twitter if we'll use our cap space for George Hill or Rodney Hood.

Andy Larsen on The Weekly Run podcast said today is the first time he thinks it's more likely that the Jazz deal the pick over keeping it.

Tony Jones is saying the Jazz are trying to move the pick and it's on the table with Memphis.

I can't watch the draft or comment here during the draft this year. I was starting to feel angry about it, but if the Jazz are giving away another pick I guess I don't feel so bad.

I will likely join the board later that night to vent my frustration through a variety of salty memes and sarcastic posts.

Last edited:
Andy, will you please get the back story on the Tony Bradley pick. I don't need the details now, you can publish the story in 10-years when all the people involved have moved on, I just need some closure. smh

Andy, will you please get the back story on the Tony Bradley pick. I don't need the details now, you can publish the story in 10-years when all the people involved have moved on, I just need some closure. smh

I don't think it's that complicated: he was a young kid with really good per-minute numbers, which meant that draft analytics from the Jazz and publicly thought he might do really well. Even eye test, there's stuff there: great offensive rebounder and finisher, flashes some touch. He was 19 when they drafted him. The hope was that he'd develop more than he has, but he was always a project anyway, and he's still younger than Grayson.

In case we don't give up our pick I love Dylan Windler. Big time NBA long-range gunner with a quick, high release and by many accounts the best shooter in the draft. Shoots 86% FT. Plays above the rim. He has a nose for rebounds. 38 inch vertical. Had a 2.94 shuttle run. Rarely makes mistakes. Smart kid.

Last edited:
In case we don't give up our pick I love Dylan Windler. Big time NBA long-range gunner with a quick, high release and by many accounts the best shooter in the draft. Shoots 86% FT. Plays above the rim. He has a nose for rebounds. 38 inch vertical. Had a 2.94 shuttle run. Rarely makes mistakes. Smart kid.

If they keep the pick, don’t trade up, and barring some insane tumble of a top-10 pick, it’s Windler and I don’t think it’s close.