What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

Monster game for Clarke. He's bouncy and quick around the rim. Not much outside the paint though.

Last edited:
Chuma Okeke switching well on defense. He's a catch-and-shoot shooter with some ability to drive with 2 or 3 dribbles. Mostly a 3/D guy right now, though Auburn's guards are so ball dominant he doesn't really get much chance to handle.

Here are my current top 30 in groups of 5...

1 - 5: Zion Williamson, Ja Morant, RJ Barrett, Jarrett Culver, Deandre Hunter
6 - 10: Cam Reddish, Darius Garland, Romeo Langford, Coby White, Sekou Doumbouya
11 - 15: Jaxson Hayes, Nassir Little, Bol Bol, Brandon Clarke, Kezie Okpala
16 - 20: Rui Hachimura, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Bruno Fernando, Kevin Porter Jr., Keldon Johnson
21 - 25: PJ Washington, Goga Bitadze, Tyler Herro, Louis King, Luka Samanic
26 - 30: Daniel Gafford, Naz Reid, Admiral Schofield, Chuma Okeke, Cameron Johnson

I don't know much about that chunky guy at Iowa State.

sometimes i wonder if people actually watch reddish in actual basketball games. also, i don't think okeke is that far behind hunter - very, very similar players. iow, if you get hunter at 5, and okeke somewhere in the 2nd, comparatively speaking, you have yourself a steal. hunter is definitely the better of the two right now, but it's pretty close.

Here are my current top 30 in groups of 5...

1 - 5: Zion Williamson, Ja Morant, RJ Barrett, Jarrett Culver, Deandre Hunter
6 - 10: Cam Reddish, Darius Garland, Romeo Langford, Coby White, Sekou Doumbouya
11 - 15: Jaxson Hayes, Nassir Little, Bol Bol, Brandon Clarke, Kezie Okpala
16 - 20: Rui Hachimura, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Bruno Fernando, Kevin Porter Jr., Keldon Johnson
21 - 25: PJ Washington, Goga Bitadze, Tyler Herro, Louis King, Luka Samanic
26 - 30: Daniel Gafford, Naz Reid, Admiral Schofield, Chuma Okeke, Cameron Johnson

I don't know much about that chunky guy at Iowa State.

cam reddish in my opinion is not a top 10 player. I don't even see him as a lotto pick. He can not lead a team and is wildly inconsistent.
Darius Garland would have been in the discussion with Morant as the best pg in the draft but i see him slipping some
Romeo Langofrd is awful. I am not even sure if he is first round potential.
Bol Bol is going to scare a lot of teams because foot injuries on big mean can end careers or at least be recurring problems
Rui Hachimura i think you have under valued. He is a consistent 3 point shot away from being the prototypical 4 in the nba. He can guard multiple positions
I am not sure i would have keldon johnson infront of cam johnson although it is debatable. That 47% from 3 though. (interesting though is one is a senior the other a junior)
I think Eric Paschall is a first round talent. I am not sure who i like better washington or Paschall

Last edited:
sometimes i wonder if people actually watch reddish in actual basketball games. also, i don't think okeke is that far behind hunter - very, very similar players. iow, if you get hunter at 5, and okeke somewhere in the 2nd, comparatively speaking, you have yourself a steal. hunter is definitely the better of the two right now, but it's pretty close.

Yeah, Okeke is a value pick in the 20s. I don't think he's really that close to Hunter, but it's hard to tell what Okeke can do with the ball given how Auburn's guards monopolize possessions. I watched OG Anunoby a fair amount at Indiana, and I think Okeke has a lot of that same appeal. He comes across as a somewhat sleepy looking athlete, but his hands are fast and right on the money. He can rebound in traffic too. I like him anywhere in the 18 - 25 range, but I'm actually starting to gravitate towards the mystique of Louis King as sort of a Jerami Grant with a jumpshot.

cam reddish in my opinion is not a top 10 player. I don't even see him as a lotto pick. He can not lead a team and is wildly inconsistent.
Darius Garland would have been in the discussion with Morant as the best pg in the draft but i see him slipping some
Romeo Langofrd is awful. I am not even sure if he is first round potential.
Bol Bol is going to scare a lot of teams because foot injuries on big mean can end careers or at least be recurring problems
Rui Hachimura i think you have under valued. He is a consistent 3 point shot away from being the prototypical 4 in the nba. He can guard multiple positions
I am not sure i would have keldon johnson infront of cam johnson although it is debatable. That 47% from 3 though. (interesting though is one is a senior the other a junior)
I think Eric Paschall is a first round talent. I am not sure who i like better washington or Paschall

Reddish is a polarizing player, but right now there doesn't seem to be a lot of consensus in the 6 - 12 range. I think he still goes lottery and likely in the top 10. You've pointed out the issue--who do you take 6 - 10? Langford? Nas Little? Roll the dice on Bol? This is one of the reasons I think the door is open for Coby White to get in the top 10 as well. I think you might see a few of these picks available for trade.

Hachimura didn't really emerge until his junior year, and by NBA standards he's a so-so athlete. He's not going to overpower pros, and his shooting off the dribble isn't there yet. Rui has motor and IQ. He's improved a lot in the past year, so you have to think he'll keep improving. He can do a bit of everything, in a Gordon Hayward canned-soup sort of way, but he's not going to look as versatile against NBA defenders. I think he goes around 14 - 16 unless some team just falls in love.

Keldon Johnson is younger and is a better NBA athlete and defender. Cam Johnson is a shooter, but he's old and limited athletically and defensively.

Windler rapidly improved every year which is always a good sign. I do expect the Jazz to work him out very early.

PER:
2016:13.1
2017:18
2018:24.8
2019:30.4

I am going to say this in spite of the fact cy thinks i am a racist

Windler reminds me of my favorite player from last year Kevin Huerter. In the fact that when the balls leaves their hands you are surprised if it doesn't go in.